Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This Cinderella Wears Boots

Started by visualspice, April 14, 2015, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Angel grinned devilishly.
"Why would I sneak off when there's promise of seeing you in a man's dress tomorrow?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

"Wouldn't dare! And there's no such thing as a man's dress. You made it up! I... hope." Ewan was familiar with all sorts of ridiculous wizarding robes. They were mostly stupid and impractical.

He returned the book to night stand and curled back up beneath the covers. It seemed rude with company. "Sure feels like I've known you longer than a day. Though I hardly know much about you, all the same," he cracked a smile. "How bout you ask me three things and... I ask you three things?"
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

visualspice

Angel really liked getting the better of this 'pup', and the grin showed it. But as he went on to ask questions, she raised a brow.
"Why not make it truth or dare?" she told him, her grin positively devilish. "It would make things more interesting if you're not too tired and need your baby sleep."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

He hadn't played that in years!

"Truth or dare's for kids-" An impish grin crossed the Ewan's face and he sat up, "'kay then. Truth or dare?" Surely he could think of some way to make her blush.

In the very back of his head the boy knew it wouldn't end well.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

visualspice

Whim

"If you have one wish-" Ewan screwed up his face, "No, that's dumb. If suddenly you were a boy, what would you do and what would you look like?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel laughed.
"I'd probably declare I'd never get married, and I'd probably look like one of my many brothers."
Her smile broadened as she nudged him. "Your turn. Truth or dare?"

Whim

"Lot of brothers," Ewan stuck out his tongue. "Explains your knack for annoying me.

"Truth," his lips formed the word dare. He wanted to be daring, especially after sniffling in the well, but was trying to avoid further embarrassment for the time being.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

"Why do you wish to be an adult so badly?"

Whim

"Well, I liked my old self," the boy splayed his fingers, counting off with a cocky smirk "I was smart, I was handsome, I knew a lotta magic. But don't feel much like that person anymore; you hardly believe me!"

"But, I guess lots of people would give a lotto be a kid again. All I had to do was sniffle and you came right to my rescue!" Ewan cracked a smile. He had to admit it was nice to feel looked after...

"So round two. Truth or dare?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel smirked.
"And I'm sure you're all of those things."
She didn't think too long on it before saying, "Truth."

Whim

"Because this is truth or dare, and I'm not a cheater! I still don't see why its so hard to believe... didn't they have any mages where you grew up?"

Ewan snaps fingers, "Okay. Kind of lame for a truth or dare question: but where'd you grow up? What was your home and parents like?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel rolled her eyes at such a question.
"Ugh, a boring question, too. I grew up in Adela, though my family traveled a lot to Serendipity, for trade and stuff. We lived near the boarder, which was good for business since we could trade with both Adelans and Serenians. But I grew up with my family who does trade, mostly in dragon farming. You know, like the smaller ones you can ride. Kind of like a horse." She shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. But my parents were okay. My brothers and I got away with murder a lot and i think we made my mother's hair turn grey. But eh... I don't dislike my parents. I just wish my mother wasn't so.. you know, traditional. And that my father had more of a back bone. I mean, he just easily agreed with her about my arranged marriage and didn't even care I was upset!"

Angel gave a frustrated groan.

"Anyway.. it's your turn. Truth or dare?"

Whim

"You're not a total bumpkin then. Dragons. I've only ever seen one. Hard to think of them as just being farmed. So're you clinging to being a kid on your parents farm, or keen on seeing bigger and better things than dragons before you settle?"

"And it wasn't such a dumb question I learned-" he laid back and side softly, "Sorry. I'm not much fun am I? You start to forget how to be silly at twenty four. If I have to grow up again what would I even talk about to boys my age? I'd just wind up even weirder."

The boy was lost in thought for a moment, "Dare."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel grinned.
"On the contrary, you're fun to tease when you're like that." And she fought off the urge to ruffle his hair. But when he said dare, her eyes lit up.

"Go outside and fetch your dog and bring him in here with us without getting caught," she went on without missing a beat.

Whim

(EDIT: Sorry if that move too fast. We can rewind if you wanted to insert anything!)

"But she said-" he felt a small pang of guilt. Slobbery as the wolfhound was, Shaggy hadn't left his side since they met. "Fine. But he's sleeping on top of you. I just had a bath."

Ewan rolled out of the bed and tip-toed toward the hallway. At the far end Old Mara's bedroom door was shut. He'd not need to pass it, and old people slept a lot anyway. So the boy pressed on. It was dark save for what moonlight could filter through the windows. Fortunately he didn't trip, but the real obstacle proved the barred door. Ewan had to stand on his tip-toes.

Shaggy, tied to the stable-post, let out a soft whine at the boy's approach

Ewan crouched beside the dog, scritching his ears before unfastened the tether. The dog bowled him over, assaulting his face with a rough tongue.

"Ugh! I'm sorry I left you out here. But we're going to have to be quiet if you want to go indoors," The boy brushed the straw from his nightshirt, guiding his dog by the shoulder back towards the front.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel gave a smug grin when she saw him return with the dog and gave a pat to the bed beside her.
"Come on you fluff ball, I've got a seat right here waiting for ya!"

Whim

The trip across the cottage was nerve-wracking. The click-a-clack of shaggy's nails was sure to rouse Old Mara. That wasn't even counting Shaggy's loud panting, or if he barked. But what the hell was he afraid of? A scolding? His little heart was still pounding. Only a cool, sweating glass of water on a hot summer's day... unbuttoning your collar after a stuffy funeral... or a long piss after a night of drinking could match Ewan's relief at reaching the bedroom.

Shaggy leapt up beside Angel, and laid his head into her lap with a mur of satisfaction.

"I should have used a window, huh?" the small boy crept to his side of the bed, grateful to be burried beneath the wool and down blankets again. "And he can sleep on you. Hasn't even had a bath, you know,"

Had the children allowed some silence to pass between them they might have heard the creak of floorboards elsewhere in the house.

"Oh. And truth or dare?" he remembered their game.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel ruffled the dogs fur and replied, "Hrrrmmm... Dare!" She was feeling adventurous that night!

Whim

"I dare you to kiss Shag-," the boy groaned "I probably wouldn't even need to dare you to kiss a dog."

"Put on that silly dress of yours, go outside, and howl at the moon. We'll watch," he pointed toward the window with a smile.

Meanwhile a ragged, feline shank peered through the doorway. The familiar's yellow-green eyes watched in silent judgment.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay!)

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters: