Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Newbie here, lookin' for plots~!

Started by Kiri de Kismet, April 14, 2015, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiri de Kismet

Hellooooo my friendly friends~!

Just hopped on the SotE train today, and I've two characters who are up for anything!

I'm gonna give a quick summary of 'em and toss around some potential plot ideas, but ultimately, I'm open to anything, really!

First up, we've got Lute Liling, a priestess of a small, not-well-known god, Cairos. Or, so she claims. Lute is a "charlatan priestess." She makes her money by bestowing the blessings of Cairos onto villages, while "gently suggesting" that Cairos would appreciate offerings... gold... heirlooms... Praise be Cairos, after all! When she wears her priestess garb, she is loyal and pious, but when she can escape her duties, she is adventurous, a hedonist at her core.

Since Lute helps her priestesses "situate themselves" in a village, it is normal for her to travel away from her priestesses. So, she's up for anything.

Some possible plot points... Maybe she convinces you to help her quest for a lost artifact of Cairos— but it's really just some treasure that she wants for herself? Maybe you end up recognizing her out of her priestess' garb at night? The possibilities are endless!

Then we have Sio, the Seer of the Void. She's a fae/demoness seer-for-hire! Basically, her eyes are yours. She can see into a person's (near) future, and she can see the occurrences at different locations— no matter how far— during the present. She is a brilliant tactician and is well-learned, since she literally spent hundreds of years of her life locked in a library basement. xD She enjoys the little things in life— a fine glass of wine, a good book to read— but ultimately is looking for some sense of purpose.

Plot points, hmm... These are just suggestions to get the muse pumpin'. I'm looking for a "master" of sorts for Sio— someone who needs a "right hand" of sorts for whatever scheme they're cooking up, Sio would be your girl for that. Other than that, she'd be a great person for any adventures where having an extra pair of eyes (har har) would be a good idea. Anything goes!

Bah, I tend to ramble, whoops. xD Hopefully I stirred up some of your muse! I'm super flexible, so let me know your ideas!

Ethereal-Star

Hi, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in some RP fun? First off, I've got an 'open by request' thread and its plotting page located here if you wanna join and the storyline peaks your interest.

Basically a short run-down is that the part of the Niahi Woods that my character Gwilwilethneth helps protect has fallen under a curse/sickness that not only kills off the plant life there but corrupts and twists its inhabitants into a much darker version of themselves. So the woods are in need of saving, as I'm thinking the longer they go without a cure of some form, the worse it will progress and everything would eventually die for good.

Since your character Sio has a home nearby, she would almost certainly hear of the malady plaguing that part of the woods and may seek to help, I'm thinking since she is part-fae, that is. Although you would know her intentions the best. Sound interesting?

Secondly, for your other character, I actually don't have any ideas for that one but if you want to take a look at some of my characters, feel more than free to do so. I'm always happy to plot whatever, provided it works with the character concept.

Love your characters by the way, their profiles are really in-depth and well thought-out. Any questions on mine, don't hesitate to ask!

Kiri de Kismet

@Ethereal-Star Yesss, I'm always up for some RP fun!

I took a look at Gwil and I love her character and this idea! Sio is mostly around the Niahi Woods since her home is there -- if there's a curse/sickness killing off the plant life there, she'd definitely want to know what's up!

She is part-fae, but she doesn't even know it (she doesn't know much about her own past) - I think running into Gwil and wanting to help cure the woods would help "awaken" some fae powers in her that may help Gwil with curing the woods - and at the same time, Sio could learn more about herself and her fae side!

Definitely sounds interesting! Is it okay if I just hop in that thread with Sio?

Also, I added some more characters to my repitoire that might be able to play with ya! I was eyeing Admar, your scholar!

I have a character named Liron who was cursed by a mage to speak entirely in haikus. She was born in Connlaoth but her parents sent her to live in Serendipity in the hopes that she'd find someone who could break her curse. I think threading these two would be hilarious - Liron is utterly terrified of magic, but needs the help of a magic user to break her curse... While Admar might not be able to break her curse (I'd prefer she'd stayed cursed for a while, anyhow), a thread with them couuuld be entertaining!

Lemme know whatcha think!

Ethereal-Star

@Kiri de Kismet
Yes, feel free to jump into the sick and dying woods thread! I'm not sure how many of us will be playing in that particular thread but I think three of us is probably good enough.

I'll take a look at Liron after I finish responding to some of my current threads. While Admar might be able to break her curse, I'll think up a good reason as to why he can't (at least for now anyway.) And with Admar referring to himself in the third person, I agree that the two of them could provide an entertaining and amusing thread. He is also able to look into the reason behind the curse, but may not actually be able to lift it. So, we can discuss the ideas behind that, if you'd like.

Any more plot ideas, just let me know!

Klezmer Gryphon

@Kiri de Kismet

Hello there! Just took a look at Dalek (lol, can't help but think of Doctor Who when I read his name), and he seems like an interesting character. I've got a few characters I could possibly throw at him... Let's see....

First up, Emese Csintalan, a rather new character of mine. She's a traveling sword scholar, and would no doubt wind up in the forest at some point.

Second, we have Ollovico Léyucer, a wandering gryphon poet (you'll soon see I have a LOT of nonhuman characters XD), who could probably, at some point, appeal to Dalek's hidden love of poetry... Maybe?

Lastly, I've got a personal favorite of mine; Josiah Fraser. An ex Connlaothian soldier falseley accused of magic use, he holds a pretty big grudge against the system, and could probably sympathize with Dalek... Or drag him along for some bloody fun XD

Kiri de Kismet

@Ethereal-Star Grrrrreat news! I'll toss Sio in that thread tonight~!

As for Admar, hmm... I was thinking that her curse can't be broken because Liron herself needs to break it using her own magic that she doesn't even know she has. Liron doesn't know that yet, but maybe Admar could figure that out? As a banished Connlaothian she'd be horrified at that she would be the one who needs to use magic too, bahaha. Maybe Admar could help mentor her! What do you think?

@Klezmer Gryphon Awesooooome, I'm always up for more plots! Bahaha, I knew someone would point out Dalek's name eventually - a Whovian always does! It's pronounced Day-lik though, unlike the Whovian pronounciation, bahaha xD

I love allll your chars! But the ones that caught my eye was Ollovico and Josiah! Like you said, it'd be cool for Dalek to have someone to bond over poetry with - maybe Ollo catches Dalek reciting poetry or something, and chimes in?

As for Josiah, it'd be fun for Dalek to be dragged in on some fun! What kind of fun does Josiah get up to? Maybe they go raid a drow camp or sommat?

Lemme know what sounds the most intriguing - then we can whip a thread up!

Ethereal-Star

@Kiri de Kismet
Cool! I'm so looking forward to that thread continuing, bahahaha. Dark Gwil and company, I love it! I kinda got the idea from a computer game where there's been at least one or two occurrences of a sickness befalling some woods or whatnot. And I figured it would be more fun to add the plot twist of the inhabitants going rogue instead of just withering away like usual. Of which they kinda already are withering away, just in a different sense of the word. The curse would eventually kill them I think if not cured. After a cure is found, then the woods will be all nice and green and pristine and clean again! Okay, so that was a lot of adjectives, oh well!  :P Jump in whenever you can! Looking forward to Sio's entrance!

For Admar, yes that could totally work. He could find out through his color invoking powers the nature of her curse/malady and tell her what she needs to do. He could very well serve as a mentor as even though his magics are different I think the general consensus that all magic-users operate on in regards to mana, concentration and honing their abilities would be the same. Study and practice and all that. So I vote yes. I can start the thread or if you want to start it that's fine too.

Kiri de Kismet

@Ethereal-Star Bahaha, awesome! I love drawing inspiration for plots from games - it's a great idea! Looking forward to seeing how this all pans out, haha~ I just posted to the thread - lemme know if my intro is okay!

As for Admar, yeah! I'm not sure what kind of magic Liron will have yet anyway, haha, but you're right! Most mana had the same basic principles. So glad you're into it! Hmm... would you like to start the thread? (I could totally start it though, if you'd rather I do it! I'm cool either way~) As for the thread starter... maybe she bumps into him at a tavern - or maybe he visits the bakery she works in at Serendipity?

Ethereal-Star

Looks good to me, Kiri.  ;) It will be interesting to see how both Sio and Gwil react not only to each other, considering my character's current state, but also Swarm. Now we just need to wait for @DaGlobster to post next.

I suppose we should have a tentative posting order, that is me followed by Glob, then you Kiri. Of course, I say tentative as sometimes there may be instances where a strict posting order doesn't make sense-in that case, go with whatever does make the most sense.

If you want to start the thread for Admar and Liron, go right ahead! I like the bakery idea, Admar could definitely go in to get a pastry or something, haha. Mmmm, pastries. Focus, focus. LOL. So just post the link here when you got it up! :D

Kiri de Kismet

@Ethereal-Star Gotcha! It looks like its my turn to post in that thread now, so I'll get to it - asap!

Also, no problem - I can definitely start the thread for Admar and Liron! I have to get to bed, sadly, but tomorrow I'll have it up asap! Your posts will be first on my list, bahaha.

I got another idea for a thread too - I knooow, I owe you so many posts already! - BUT, if you're up for it (once I get those other posts done, haha) I noticed your ghost char, Pepper! I have a character who is a spirit medium, Moriander - she can talk to ghosts and spirits and is usually good at easing some of their pain.

It could be fun for Pepper to play pranks on her! I could see Mori being annoying to Pepper, perhaps - Mori would want to ease her spirit, but since Mori has no idea who her killers are, that'd be impossible, so maybe Pepper would take to scaring the hell out of her instead, or something?

Okay, that's my last idea, I promise!! Tomorrow, you'll be the first to get posts, promise! *salutes!*

Ethereal-Star

A Pepper/Moriander thread sounds neat! However, as I am currently more or less planning some other threads for that character right now, how about we do these other two threads first? Then after those are finished or are close to finishing, we can do the ghost/medium thread where Pepper can indeed scare her or try to play pranks on her. Although I would think (correct me if I'm wrong here) that Mori would have some protections against ghostly intrusions and whatnot? We can figure more out later as to how all of that could play out.

Perhaps she was annoying somebody else and that NPC goes to Mori asking for help, and she does a seance to contact Pepper? And then Pepper is like all 'you cannot help me as you don't know what it's like' or some such. Again, sorry if that sounds kinda lame, but I really should get to bed soon.

There is another character of mine, while not a ghost per se, is a spirit who has some 'issues'. Her name is Willow and she is a Night Spirit who thinks that another spirit was responsible for the death of her friend. The day spirit was actually not responsible but some other spirit is, and Willow thought it was Dawn's Light who was at fault. But it's all pretty much in her profile even if I am still figuring out some of the details. The idea for all this spirit feuding came to me some time back and so naturally I had to make a character from it.  ::) A thread between Mori and Willow might be more successful for your character. Maybe. I am unsure if she could actually help her though by answering her questions, but Moriander might be able to ease some of Willow's anger though for a time. I think that sounds best right now.

And yeah, I'm pretty busy myself getting thread replies done so no worries there. Take whatever time (and sleep!) you need. Speaking of sleep, I should go to bed, haha.

Thanks!

Kiri de Kismet

Bahaha, no worries @Ethereal-Star! You're right - gotta get these other threads in order! Speaking of threads, I started the Liron and Admar thread! Let me know if there's anything you want me to change, etc. Will def get to the Niahi Woods thread asap!!

Yeah, I think a Willow and Mori thread would work better for her! Mori could actually help mediate the feud - or at least try to - and short of that, I could see them becoming friends, hahaha - since Mori loves spirits! She's super optimistic and might be able to cheer Willow up, at the very least!

Ethereal-Star

@Kiri de Kismet
If you're still interested in the Willow/Moriander thread, I'm up for it! The thread would take place in between the second and third threads listed in the thread tracker for my character. I think it would be best for Mori to help out Willow by cheering her up for a short time, but not finding out about her friend's murderer (since that's for another thread I've got going.) Willow believes it was her archenemy that did it but it actually wasn't. I'm not sure how else this will pan out, but I don't think Mori would be able to contact Dawn's Light, just Willow to talk to her. Then a friendship could possibly develop. What do you say?

I also have some new characters posted. They are Ray, Drake and Corona, a candle caster mage, a fire/blood mage and a day spirit respectively. The last one is not the same as the NPC day spirit though. If interested in threading with any of these, just post here and lemme know!