Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another Day, Another Night (open)

Started by Ice, April 20, 2015, 03:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

It was a rainy day as a pair of odd looking creatures made their way threw the town. They looked almost the same. They both had long red fur and glowing eyes. They both had wings and claws. However there was a few diffences to be seen. One was a little thinner then the other. One was smaller then the other as well. These two were healers and they were currently looking for work. Though that was easier said then done.

JackieCat

Kilarhas hid crouched behind a boulder, breathing heavily.  He did not know where the creatures who had attacked him were, but he knew that they would not be leaving him alone.

The blue-skinned elf had been ambushed by a pack of goblins while on his way to a small town not far from here.  He had fought well against them, but there numbers where overwhelming and he had had to make a run for it.  They had chased him, and he was much faster than them, but he knew they were still looking.

His sharp ears heard the rustle of leaves behind him and he sound, his staff raised and the words of a spell on his lips.

The goblins burst through the brush with cries of war.  Kilharas muttered a spell and a wall of ice blasted the goblins back, killing a few of them, but not enough.

There were now about twenty goblins fighting at Kilharas.   The elf swung his staff around, the tip alight with the flaming gem twisted into the wood.  The enchanted fire set three goblins on fire and hit another on the head, sending it falling to the ground.  As he turned to fight the next wave he felt a sharp pain in his leg.  He instinctively lashed out, hitting the goblin who had just sunk its dagger into his flesh.  He performed another spell, freezing three of the goblins who were now attacking him.  He fought well, but he received another wound, to his arm this time, before there were only five goblins left.  He was fighting four of them and hadn't noticed that the fifth had sneaked around him when his most dreadful wound was procured.

He blasted back two of the goblins and stabbed one with his dagger when he felt a chill run up his spine.  He spun around, but too late, the goblin's dagger sunk into his side.  He slashed at the goblin with his dagger, killing it, and he then disposed of the last goblin.

He leaned on his staff, blood pouring from his woulds.

And he ran.

He knew that the wound in his stomach was not vital, he had learned much of elf anatomy while a prince, but the blood loss from his three major wounds would surly kill him.

Unless he got to the town first.

He put a hand over his side wound, trying to stem the flow of blood.  A cut on the top of his head ran blood into his face and coloring his silver hair red.

There!  The town ahead, if he could just make it, then maybe, maybe he had a chance.

He ran into the town, stopping with a jerk.  He fell to his hands and knees, his blood flowing onto the cobblestones.  He coughed and fell to the street, unconscious.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ice

The twin walked slowly threw the streets . They were not sure what they would find here. Maybe they would find some work or maybe not. To them it was not always about the money. More like saving lives. They then saw a sight that made them gasp. There was a strange looking man laying bloody in the streets. Now they when over to him and kneeled beside him. " sir are you alright?" one asked as the other looked over his wounds. Looks like they would be busy today.

JackieCat

Kilarhas groaned and he sensed someone approaching, no, two someones.  He was slipping in and out of consciousnesses, but he heard someone ask if her was alright.

He managed to scoff, but it sounded more like a gurgling grunt. Did he look okay?  No.  He was, first of all, covered in blood, and second, he was lying in the street with a dagger in his side.

"Just-just try to help me, will you?" he managed to cough out before he once again fell into unconsciousness.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ice

The twins  sighed a sigh of relief when she heard him talk. That meant that he was not dead yet. The other twin slowly tried to  lifted him up so that they could take him to a safe place. "do not worry sir we shall fix you up. The other twin said as they hurried along.

JackieCat

"What the. . ?" Kilarhas groaned as he woke again, the two beings were moving him him. He convulsed in pain as they hurried along, screaming as the wound in his side twisted.  He fell to the ground, breathing heavily, clutching his side.  He tried to clear his eyes of the blood, but to no avail.  He coughed and shook his hair out of his eyes, clearing his vision only a little.  He tried to sit up, but fell back to the street, once again unconscious.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twin that had yet to speak just shook her head at her sister. " hay stupid maybe you should do something useful and get out healing supplies from the inn." she snorted. In reappointed her sister glared at her and went off . She then gently spoke to the man. "sorry my sister is an idiot at times. I will get you  fixed." she said softly. She then looked up to see if her sister was coming. She then smiled as she saw her. She landed beside her and they started fixing his wounds very gently . Almost painlessly.

JackieCat

Kilarhas lay there as she worked in his wounds, what else could he do?  They worked gently, but Kilarhas could tell they knew what they were about.  They were healers, for sure, not just some do-gooders hoping to help.

"What are your names?" he asked when he woke once more from unconsciousness, though he was almost to weak to speak, and his voice was soft, barely able to be heard. "I'm Kilarhas Gindein.  Thank you-!" he coughed. "Thank you for helping me."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twins smiled as they worked on his wounds now. They wanted to make sure that they made him to where he was as comfortable as possible. Once they were finished the twins smiled and waited for him to wake up. They made sure that he was still alive once in a while  the last thing they wanted was for him to die. They then looked at him when he asked their names. " we are known as the Blackwood twins . We are glad to meet you sir." they said with a smile.

JackieCat

"Nice to meet you," Kilarhas said quietly.  But then he coughed and the movement caused him to convulse in pain.  When he stilled again he had once again fallen unconscious.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twins watched the man as he spoke he was still very weak and needed a place to rest for while. The twin who had soke first gently place a blanket over him so that he would not be so cold in the wet rain. They wishedc that they could make the rain stop by they could not. They could only tend to this man and make him as comfortable as they could. The other twin now started to clean the boold off of his head and face. She was just as gentel as she was before.

JackieCat

Kilarhas woke a while later to the same two faces he had seen before.  He felt much better but he was still tired.

"I-I think I can walk," he said. "Do you think we could go to an inn?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twins were quietly waiting for the man to wake up. Every once in a while they would make sure that he was not dead. They then heard him say that he could walk and waited to go to an inn. Now the pair had been in town long enough to know where the inn was at . They looked at him softly and said "' if you feel  up to it we can take you to the inn that we have been staying at." they said with a smile

JackieCat

"Yeah," Kilarhas pushed himself to a sitting position. "That would be nice.  Where is the inn?"

He started to get to his feet, but a sharp pain shot through his side, he grimaced in pain but continued to stand, he'd sustained worse injuries before, but if he was going to get healthy again, lying in the middle of a street in the rain probably wasn't going to help, unless, of course, he wanted to catch hypothermia and die.

Which he really didn't want.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twins smiled and stood to their feet . On looked at the other and smiled to her. They then waited until he stood up. They could tell that he was in pain but there was nothing that they could do. They then heard what he said and nodded. " the inn is just this way." said the more friendly twin .shah..  Then they walked carefully watching him to see if he needed help as they went towards the inn. 

JackieCat

Kilarhas started to slowly walk in the direction the twins were leading him.  They were nearly to the inn when he stumbled.  He tripped forward and had to lean against a building to steady himself.

"I think you'll have to help me the rest of the way," he said, still leaning on the wall of the building.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twins were sure to keep the pace nice and slow. They knew that he might be weak still and not able to travel for very long. They then saw him stumble as they were almost there. They went to him and nodded to his words. " alright , just be warned if you touch me there is a chance you will remember things that you forgot . If you touch her you might forget things that you remembered. " said the other twin with a slight sigh. See they could not control their powers yet. Though they really did try.

JackieCat

Kilarhas raised his eyes at this new information. "You can make me forget, or remember, things?  That's very, interesting.  If you help me, please do, just don't touch my skin.  I would rather not have my memories altered."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ice

The twins looked at him as he reacted to what they had had said. They then smiled as they heard what he had said . They had always been rejected by others when they found out about their powers. " yes indeed. Alright we shall help you get to the inn." said the smaller twin. Then they walked over and touched only his cloths as they led him to the inn. They moved slowly and carefully as they helped him walk. They were probably the kindest healers that this town had.

JackieCat

When they got to the in Kilarhas leaned on the bar and waited for the bartender to come over.  While he was waiting, he turned to the twins. "Thank you, thank you both very much, I would've died if you hadn't been there to help me."

The bartender came over and raised his eyebrows when he saw the state Kilarhas was in.

"Ya need some help, mate?" he asked, and Kilarhas shook his head. "I'm fine, or, I will be," he motioned to the twins. "They've helped me."

The bartender nodded and looked at the twins. "Y'all need a place ta stay for the night?"

Kilarhas nodded. "Well, I do, I don't know about them." he looked to the twins. "Do you need a room?  It's getting dark, and I'll pay.  After all, you just saved my life."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: