Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sparks of Memory [Wicked, Anguish, Shin]

Started by Winters-Feather, July 20, 2015, 05:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

Kamaria jolted awaked in her chair, parchment tumbling to the floors. She stared blankly at the letters and books before her, her brow drenched in sweat.
Just a dream, she thought, though she hadn't remembered dreaming. Still, why did she feel so nervous? The High Lady pushed back her chair to retreave the fallen items. Family tree to refeer to correspondence with various lords and ladies, reviews of tax collectors and guild correspondence. The lady had wanted to do some catching up before her  ride through the town was scheduled. A loud knock on the door indicated it was that time.
"Come in," she announced.

By the stable, Kamaria mounted her stead, a pale gray mare with a gentle soul. Karmaria matched her stead with a gray riding frock and coat to battle the chill of the authumn air. She waited for whatever guards, ladies in waiting, and her family that wished to joined her with a bright smile, quickly shaking off the forboding feeling she had before.

Wicked Basket

It would only stand to reason that after being married for quite some time that you figure out your spouse's routines, so of course Sebastian knew that it was time for his wife's ride through town. Knowing how skittish she could sometimes be, he made sure to knock first before he entered. Upon her calling for him to come in, he entered the stable to see her already sitting on her horse.

"Going out for your ride, my dear?"

Winters-Feather

"Sebastian!" she called out, happy at his entrence.
Kamaria patted her horse, who obediantely walked towards the lord. She leaned over to kiss him gently on the forehead.
"Would you like to join me?" she asked eagerly.

Wicked Basket

"You know I would love to," Sebastian replied. "But can we trust Cassandra home alone?"

Winters-Feather

Kamaria nodded, waving for a stable boy to approach.
"Right now, she should be with brother Detlef, probably causing him trouble. She's too smart for him," she said with a knowing smile. The monk was the childrens' history and politics tutor, and Cassandra's vast and speedy appitutde for learning both pleased and alarmed him.  The stableboy bowed before the two.
"Shall I prepare m'lord's stead?" he asked.

Wicked Basket

"Oh poor Detlef," Sebastian said.

He stroked his chin in thought. It wasn't as if Detlef hadn't dealt with Cassandra before.

"Yes, please do," Sebastian told the stable boy. "I'm sure Detlef will be fine."

Winters-Feather

Kamaria noddd in agreement as the stableboy handled saddling her husband's horse.
"Oh, that reminds me," she started. "Your cousin Gethil wants to send his son as a ward so that he may..."
Her voice trailed off as hoofstep and shouts caught her attention. A knight wearing their house's color's approached, the knight in question large with tanned skin, green eyes, and with a hooked nose, brokn trice. He was followed by a small party, along side with a page boy Kamaria had sworn was half a foot shorter last time she had seen him and a man  seated on a horse next to him who wore no colors, only black, yet dressed like a knight himself. The man was tall and lean, and htus looked puny compared to the knight that rode beside him. He looked half a ghost, with pale skin and golden hair and beard braided neatly. His steed was a beautiful spotted black and gray stallion.

"That's Sir Gilfrey," she told her husband, racking her brain. Sometimes the knights went off to go on some quest or another, and it was always polite to remember what exactly their strange purposes were. Her eyes lit  with amusement. She always enjoyed their stories.  "Back from his pilgramage already?" 

The stable boy brought the horse, ready for Lord Sebastian to ride. Kamaria barely waited before riding out to meet the knight and his party.

Wicked Basket

"What about my cousin," Sebastian asked as he approached his horse.

But before he could get an answer an approaching group of horsemen got Kamaria's attention. She said who it was, but he didn't hear. Before he could ask she was already off to meet them.

"Hey, hold on," Sebastian called nearly falling as his foot got caught in a stirrup. "Sir who"

He jogged after her with the stable boy frantically bringing his horse along behind him.

Winters-Feather

Kamaria welcomed the party, beaming.
"Welcome home, cousin," she said, holding out her hand for the knight to kiss. Gilfrey was distanty family, but family none the less.
"Thank you, Lady Kamaria," the knight replied, too polite to use informal terms.  "The road has been long and hard, but I have the honor to tell you that we come home victorious and with gifts for our lady and lordship. However, I could not have done so without my friend, who wanted to see our lord."

He clapped the pale man on the back.
Kamaria sat straighter at the news, excited. Sebastian would want to hear this.Sebastian...
Kamaria turned to find her husband approaching on foot.
"Oh," she said, giggling.
I suppose i was hasty, she thought.
The two men carefully climbed out of their saddles to greet the high lord properly. 

Wicked Basket

When Sebastian finally arrived he composed himself and cleared his throat.

"Welcome, gentlemen," he said offering his hand for them to shake. "What brings you here on this fine day?"