Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A cub and an Anthro (Ice)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, April 21, 2015, 12:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''I will check on her in the morning to be sure. Make sure she drinks something handwarm and cool her with wet towels like now'' he got away from Cassie and handed his assistent Evelin a wet towel to clean her bloodied hands with. ''Find a place to stay the night. There are a couple of inns. Unless they can stay here.'' the doctor continued.

''We have a shed with a spare bed and a haybale.'' Silvy said. ''We unfortunatly are rather full in his house. Peter is merely our eldest son. We have 7 more kids.'' she said with a shrug.

Ice

Pension listened to what the man said now. He nodded and looked to the girl again. " alright I will do that" He was thinking about what would be best. Perhaps staying here would be best. After all he did not want to try to move the girl while she was sick like this.

" that is alright madam . If you do not mind the shed will be fine." he said in a kind voice. His caring persona was coming out now.

SilmeriaElemred

''We would be mean people if we would sent you and the girl out on the street in both your current conditions right?'' Silvy said as her son very gently picked up Cassie. ''I will show you the shed and where to sleep. You can choose to sleep in the hay or share the bed with her. If you choose the first I will get you a clean blanket and pillow.

The doctor nodded and Evelin nodded. Grabbing and cleaning the doctor's tools before putting them back in the bag which she picked up to carry.

''See you again in the mornin Miller'' the doctor said before Silvy let them out. Evelin though casted another look at Pension. One that was firm. ''Remember. Do not move to much.'' she said before leaving with the doctor.

Ice

Pension kind of smiled to what the woman said. He did not think anyone was bad unless they proved other wise. Everyone had their reasons for doing things. He looked to the woman now and smiled to her. " we were lucky that you all are so nice. Alright. Heh I think I can sleep in the hay." he said with a smile now.

He then watched as the doctor got ready to leave. Slowly he stood up and looked to the girl as she spoke. " I wont ." he said to her now. Then he watched the leave and waited  to be led out to the shed.

SilmeriaElemred

While Peter carried Cassie and lead Pension to the shed, his wife retrieved the blankets after picking up the bloodied towels.

''You said you'd just met her right? Where did you find her.'' Peter asked. Briefly supporting the girl with one hand as he opened the door from the backroom to the shed which had a bed, large pile of hay, supply crates and smithing tools hang neatly above a workbench. But it did not smell like iron. Understandable since most people living here were descendants from Fae and they did not tolerate iron that well.

Peter placed the girl on the bed and placed the covers on her. Despite the girls rather calm breathing, she was sweating due to the fever. At the least she seemed less bad then earlier.

Ice

Pension followed the boy out to the shed. He was not sure rather her would be able to sleep or not. He was not the kind of creature who slept very much. However he knew that he must try.

He was distracted from his thoughts by  they question that he was asked now. " yeah I just met her. I found her down in the river lands. She was near the river where I was. " he said softly. He the watched as the boy put the girl on the bed . That made him feel a bit better that she was safe. He was the kind who protected his friends with his life.

SilmeriaElemred

''The riverlands. Alone? Either she has irresponsible parents or does not have anyone. I do think I saw her running around in the city a few times but then was gone for long periods of time.'' Peter said and turned to Pension. ''It is possible her fever will increase. I will place a bucket of cold water which can be used to cool her down if needed. After that I should tend to my siblings. They had gotten a little scared by the noise in the alley.''

After he spoke his mother came in with a few blankets and a pillow. Also a spare oil lamp which she placed on the stone floor. ''There you go. Warm blankets. Rest up. I am sure the girl would want you to rest too.''

She gave Pension two blanket and another one she folded up which the dog could lay on if he wanted.
Peter in the meantime got the bucket of cold water in case Cassie would burn up from her fever.

Ice

Pension nodded at he spoke. " yeah. She said something about finding her papa" he said softly. He then nodded to what else he was saying he would certainly take good care of the girl though out the night.  He the saw the woman come in to the shed. He saw what all she had and smiled. " I will madam. You all have a good night as well.  He then watched them leave. He whistled softly for his canine friend. The he laid the blanket down and laid down himself. It would be another long night.

SilmeriaElemred

It was a few times Cassie seemed to get worse briefly but she did not cry out for anyone. Actually she did not wake unless about an hour before dawn.
She sat up in the bed and rubbed her eyes a bit. Despite the lamp was still burning it was hard to see in the vague orange light. ''Where am I..'' she muttered quietly.
She looked at her lap on which the moist towel had fallen upon.

Ice

Pension was sure to keep an eye on the girl though out the night. Every time he woke he would carefully check on her and tend to her needs. He was glad to see  that she was sleeping through the night. As he  slept he wondered  how the girl had transported them here. It must have been magic. He woke to the sound of the girl voice. He looked at her and smiled. The canine walked to her beside and licked her hand softly. " cassi? Are you alright?" the peafowl anthro asked now. He wanted to be sure that she was not horribly sick or something.

SilmeriaElemred

''I think so..'' she said and looked at the dog patting him gently. ''I feel tired.. and my head hurts a little'' she admitted before looking at Pension with a painful smile.

''Where are we...'' she asked

Ice

Pension was watching the girl as she spoke. He knew that she still needed rest. " we are in the city. You brought us here somehow. They had a doctor check us out. He will be back sometime this morning. " he said softly . He was just happy that cassie was safe.

SilmeriaElemred

''A doctor?'' Cassie asked. Her memory then made her recall the arrow that had hit him. ''Are you ok?'' she asked slightly stressed. ''You had been hurt right?'' tears appeared in the small girl's eyes. ''I'm so sorry.. it's my fault. They hurt you because of me right?..''

the tears and her suddenly being wide awake slowly starting to realise what had occured where only a few things why she cried. She missed Falaen. And her mommy too still. And basicly all that the girl knew was that people always left her side.

Ice

Pension frowned as he  heard what the girl was asking now. He saw tears in her eyes ." cassie it was not your fault. They thought I was going to hurt you. I should be sorry fro being a monster." he said with a frown.  "I am alright now though. See there is only a slight wound." he said holding his shirt up to show her that he was alright. He wanted her not to be sad.

SilmeriaElemred

Cassie calmed down a little once she saw what was left of the wound which most likely despite it was bad, had been a lot worse in her vague memory. ''But Pen is not a monster... if they knew what Cassie was they surely would think I am.'' she said as she rubbed away her tears with her hands. ''Pen has been really, really nice. Those other two people... they were mean... are they far away now?''

Ice

Pension looked at the girl as she look at the wound. He saw that she seemed to calm down some. He then smiled as he heard what she said next. Oh if only this girl knew that he was insane. If only she knew about his personas . She would think differently about him.

He did have to wonder what this girl was exactly. Maybe he should ask her in a bit. Right now he did not want to upset her anymore.  " heh you are very kind my dear. We all have our secretes that we hide." he said softly.

Then he heard what she asked and he nodded. " yes they are far away. We are with some very kind people right now." he said softly.

SilmeriaElemred

''That is good. My power always somehow lets me end up safe.'' she said relieved. She rubbed the last traces of her tears away and started to breathe more calmly.

''But Cassie is sure Pen is not a monster.'' she removed the blanket from her and traced her ankle. ''Cassie was walking. Like I always did but I found some towers. Bad people lived there and chased me through the woods. I hurt my ankle and then daddy was there. Those bad man left and were really, REALLY afraid of him because he looked like a really big wolf. Daddy then licked the wound and told me that because of that he gave me his curse too and people would see Cassie and him as a monster if they would know. So shhh.'' she brought her finger to her lips. ''Do not share my secret ok?''

Ice

Pension listened to what the girl was saying. It seemed that he was not the only one that was different. At least  she was able to hide what she was part of the time. Though he was not going to say anything about that. She was probably to young to truly understand why others hated him. He shifted a bit switching to his deceptive persona. "  alright I wont tell anyone." he replied. He smiled to her and moved closer.

He then put a hand on her shoulder. " I have a strange condition cassie. I have more then one persona. I have one for each emotion." he explained to her now.

SilmeriaElemred

''Persona's?'' she asked. She did not fully understand it. ''So... there is a happy Pen? And a sad Pen?'' she asked wondering if she was correct or not. If not perhaps it was to much for her to understand. It was not as if she had a lot of education either.

Ice

Pension smiled slightly as he heard cassie speak. He was quiet for a few moments as her thought about how he would word his statement. Then he looked at her and nodded. " you know that right. There are many pens. But don't worry I will still keep you safe." he said with a smile.