Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phone Calls

Started by visualspice, May 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is now tagged to @JackieCat !

"Oh, Kia... Kia, Kia, Kia!" Came the calls from the glowing young woman, as her fancy hair bounced about as she rushed down the long stone steps towards the Alagory. It wasn't that she didn't know the way that was caused for her tardiness, but that Professor Hassleberrie's speech on the History of the Fell held her captivated for well? Longer than it ought to have! Where most of the students at the university were left snoring, she was tucked away back in a corner, like some hidden fairy from a tale, all done up for the evening's event- which of course was another dinner party her parents were more than eager to attend.

They didn't seem to mind when she promised she'd be home before it all began, but when the bell rang, she nearly cursed beneath her breath, and struggled to find a way to sneak out of the University unnoticed. As she ran, she tucked her notes up under her skirts, the still drying ink staining her hosery and hands. She couldn't believe it! Even her white satin gloves got stained.

"So much for that,"s he sighed, plucking them off and discarded them as she ran. But it was difficult to run in heels, which is why she was now bare foot as she rushed about, the train of her yellow dress fluttering like a curtain of fake flowers and lace. Her heels, however, were on the ends of her hands, for she wasn't about to soil her attire more than it was. And she only could hope the only soiling had been on those gloves as she rounded the corner, dashed past the church, and stopped right at the front of her parent's carriage. And there they stood, the creases of worry embedded into their faces as her mother sighed with relief at the sight.

"Oh, Phonecia.. you're late!"

Habit dictated the coddling, motherly hug. Though she was upset, she was more relieved her daughter was okay.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry mother," came her reply, as she sighed and blew some of her wild curls from her face. Her mother looked her over, sobering.

"Oh goodness, your hair... "

"She looks fine, Phanny," her father pressed, "let her wear it down just this once. We haven't the time to fix it, anyway. And you both look handsome."

Her mother sighed, but smiled and kissed her daughter's cheek. But upon seeing she left a lipstick stain, sighed and moved to rub it away.

"Don't worry mom, we're already friends with the Alagory family."

"I know, but some new families we have yet to be introduced will be there."

"I know, I know."

"And the more people we meet-"

"The more likely we can succeed," Phone went on to finish, and grabbed her mother's hand. "Come on, let's go!"

And as the family was bustling to get into the carriage, she heard one of the windows creak open.

"Have a nice night, Phone!"

It was Gabin. Phone's expression brightened as she waved enthusiastically to her young cousin.

"I'll be sure to have a few good dances just for you!" Phone called back, and soon their horse and carriage were off, carrying the family all the way to the building known to all as the Alagory- which had been in that family for countless generations. It was claimed their family was as old, if not older than Serendipity itself!

That much could be said about it's house head, Lord Walterin Woosely Alagory. The man was over a hundred, had been married fifteen times (as he survived them all!), and had about a dozen or so children, who all had a dozen or so children, and as the man went on to explain to Phone at length about the Alagroy clan, Phone was having trouble keeping up.

"Wait, so you're telling me your son's son's son in law is in love with your mother's cousins's second wive's niece who was already divorced twice?"

Old Lord Alagory raised his shaggy eyebrows and agreed.
"Why yes."

She knit her brows.

"But yet your cousin's mother's granddaughter inlaw is in love with him?"

He nodded.
"Precisely! It's a most ornate and absurd love triangle if there ever was one!"

"Gosh.." Phone nodded, actually completely captivated by the tale, while the rest of her family remained in lively, social chatter with the other guests. But for Phone? She was quite comfortable to simply mingle and listen to the Lord's stories. They were pretty fun, even if some weren't believable!

"Now, if you'll excuse me, young Lady Phonecia," he went on with a chuckle, "I do think my sixteenth wife is calling."

She gasped.
"You got married again?"

He grinned.
"Well, soon to be.." and he gestured towards Lady Elsley int he corner. Phone's expression lit up.

"Oh, Lady Elsley? You couldn't have picked better!"

And once he was excused to go and flirt with his current lady love....

Well, Phone found herself all by herself, in her poofy dress, toying absent mindedly with the laces lining her garb while denying the third attempt someone tried to serve her some wine. Though thirsty, she wasn't a fan of wine, and last time she tried to hold a wine goblet just to look like she liked it, ended up wiht it staining her dress.

She took this moment to exercise her people studying skills with those around the room, and began to wonder who the knew people were. Sure she was introduced to them upon arrival, but having remained at Lord Alagory's side for the last hour, she more or less missed her chance to slip into some o f the congregated groups' conversations.

So idly kicking her shoes, she stared around the room in wonder, her thoughts taking her anywhere but here. Maybe she should check out the our d'ouerves... she had seen cute little flower shaped cookies earlier!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Kinn swallowed nervously as he showed his invitation to the guard at the door, of course, the card was fake, a copy procured by those who had hired him.

He walked through the doors and into the entrance hall.  He took a deep breath.  All he had to d was get the young woman and leave.  Kinn could feel the sweat gathering on his face, and he quickly wiped it away with the sleeve of his silver robe.  He wasn't made for this sort of work, kidnapping people!  He was a better spy, an inside job.

But these people had hired him to capture the girl.  She was here with her family, that information had been obtained by another spy.

Kinn wasn't too worried about being caught, there were so many guests here he would blend in perfectly fine.  Well, to say Kinn wasn't too worried, for him, that still meant he was pretty worried.

What the mage really was worried about was how in the world he was going to capture the girl.  The very same guest who helped him to blend in would be standing around watching as he kidnapped the girl.

Kinn was a fairly accomplished mage, but he didn't really think he could get away with fighting all of the guests to get away, and more than that, he didn't have the heart to fight them.

He had been drafted for this job so suddenly he hadn't had time to come up with a plan.  He knew the layout of the building, that would help considerably if he needed to make a fast escape, which would be likely to happen.

Kinn walked into the party room and looked around at where the guards were positioned.  He may have been scared, but he wasn't stupid, well, maybe he was, but not in this way.  The guards were evenly spaced against the wall, standing, weapons sheathed, but keeping a close eye on the guest in the room.  Around the whole room there were probably thirty guards stationed, but Kinn knew more could come at a shouted command.

Kinn saw that there were two doors open to the outside, they led to a patio, he knew.  It was getting dark, and though he knew the patio was guarded, it would have to do for his escape rout.  If he could get Phone to got out there with him he would be given the perfect chance to get away with her.

Kinn walked around until he saw Phone.  She was near the  hor d'oeuvres and Kinn made his way towards her.  He took a deep breath as he neared her and spoke.

"Hello," he said, walking up next to her. "What do you think of the party?"

Kinn mentally cringed.  What a horrible entrance! 
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

She had been right! The tiny cookies were not only pretty, but delicious as well! The creamy icing melted into her mouth as the entire cookie was gone in a few, slow bites. And now that she had tried one, she had to definitely try the others. And considering no one was around watching her (for the moment!), she began to sample more than one at a time, and was so elated by the unique and delicate flavor each flower cookie had to offer, she hadn't notice the approach of the gentleman who- the second she saw his face, the cookie she had been eating got sucked into her throat, and soon she was gripping at her neck and doubled over.

She couldn't breath!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Kinn's violet eyes widened in alarm, she was choking!  She couldn't die!  If she died her blood would be useless!

"Move your hands!" he said urgently, pulling her hands from her neck.  He quickly laid his index and middle fingers over her throat.  He whispered a word and stepped back quickly, hoping the spell would work.

It was a spell he had just learned, he hadn't perfected it, but it hadn't been a very difficult spell and if it didn't work he would have to call for help, which would draw attention to him that he didn't need.  If he was talked to very much, someone would eventually realize he wasn't supposed to be here.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

And the spell seemed to work- kind of! Because the muscles in her throat completely froze and though she wasn't wheezing anymore due to lack of oxygen, she could neither dislodge the cookie, nor breath past it. And she couldn't exactly reply back to him in such a state, as her eyes remained wide and panicked, her face turning an unsightly shade of blue.

JackieCat

Kinn's eyes widened further at the effect of his spell.  He never should have attempted a new spell.

His breath was coming in short, quick gasps, and he quickly countermanded the first spell with another, a spell which he knew very well. 

Once that spell was finished and Phone was in the same state as when she had first started choking, Kinn did it the old fashioned way.  Stepping behind Phone he put his arms around her torso and clenched his fists at her abdomen.  He jerked his arms sharply back, he did this again, and again.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Thankfully, whatever numbed her throat was gone, but it didn't stop the primary problem. However, that was soon solved after a few quick, sharp thrusts into her gut! And seconds later, out sailed the cookie that had once been lodged, flying across the room and hitting an older gentlemen in the back of the head... where it soon stuck to his wig..
And the man seemed none the wiser!

JackieCat

"Oops," Kinn said as he watched the cookie as it flew across the room and hit the old man's wig, but then the mage stepped around in front of Phone.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worriedly looking into her face.  She had been growing purple while she had been choking.  Well, at least she wasn't choking now, and, despite all the commotion, no one had really seemed to notice the what had just happened. "How did that happen?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Thankful she was finally able to breath, Phone fanned off her face with a hand and spent a few good moments trying tocollect herself. But her throat was raw and dry, and as she continued to fan herself she managed to croak out one word.

"Drink!" Because for the life of her, that's all she could think of that would at least soothe her dry throat and distract her from panicking further.

JackieCat

"What?  Drink?  Oh, right!" Kinn rushed to the food table and looked around for any sort of liquid, there was no water, but Kinn's eyes fell on a bowl of punch.

He grabbed a glass and quickly spooned some of the punch into it.  He nearly ran back to Phone and gave her the water. "Here," he said, brushing his long black hair from his eyes. "I hope this helps."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

The punch was a god send, even if it burned on the way down. And she drank the entire cup in a few hasty gulps, and sighed with relief afterwards.
"Thanks!" She told him, earnestly, if not a little sheepishly. "That was like... reaaally embarrassing! But I can assure you I don't normally eat like that. Er, that's to say that I don't normal choke on my cookies... Not that I eat only cookies!"

Wow.. she wished her lips would stop moving. She was certain she sounded incredibly foolish! And when she looked at him again, she recalled just why she had choked to begin with. After all, she felt so awkward around guys, especiallygood looking ones!

JackieCat

Kinn just kind of smiled as she rambled a bit, and when she finished he shook his head. "No problem, I couldn't just stand around and let you choke, could I?"

Kinn smiled wider, but it was wiped from his face as soon as he remembered his mission.  A shadow of doubt crossed his mind as he looked at Phone, was he really supposed to capture this young woman?  The people who had hired him had told him that Phone was a traitor to her family and she worked undercover, pretending to be good but really leaking secrets out to enemies.  But as Kinn talked to her now he realized that someone along the line had made a mistake.

There was no way that this girl was evil, the sincerity about her face and her eyes, emotions that no actor could portray.

But Kinn wasn't going to forget his mission so fast.  He would talk with Phone a little longer and determine if she was what his employers had told him, or if she was what she seemed to be.

He knew her name already, but he knew if he didn't ask it it would be strange.

"I'm Ilthis, Ilthis Jay." He extended a hand.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Tearing her eyes from his face, she looked down to his large, out stretched hand. Hastily, she took it and gave it a shake, immediately wishing she was wearing her gloves, because her hands were so sweaty!

"Ilthis Jay?" she repeated, hoping saying it outloud would make it easier for her to commit it to memory. After all, most of the time she committed chapters from her history book to memory, and normally cared less about remembering silly formalities like.. you know, people's names!

But she felt she wanted to remember his! If only to be grateful for the rescue, which still made her foolish it happened at all!

"Well, Mister.. er.. Lord Ilthis Jay?" she went on- Gods,s he sounded so awkward! "I'm Phone- er, Phonecia!" she continued to shake his hand, seeming unable to stop. "Phonecia Perseretta." And while still shaking, she added, "And a lady."

Wow, she knew that sounded just incredibly lame.

JackieCat

Kinn smiled, and kept the amusement from his face, he didn't want to make her more flustered than she already was!

"It's very nice to meet you, Phonecia, or do you prefer Phone?"

Then he once again remembered is mission and it came as hard as a slap to the face.  Despite his easy demeanor, Kinn's insides started squirming around, trying desperately to climb up his throat.  The mage was almost certain that this young woman was not the evil, and something was terribly wrong.  But why would the people who hired him tell him Phone was bad?  They had told him that with the girl's blood they would be able to rid the world of war and evil.

But of course they would if they were planning something sinister!  They would tell him a lie to get him to do what they wanted.  And it wasn't as if Kinn had worked with these people before, one day a man had approached him and offered him money if Kinn would listen to him.  Kinn had and after a few days agreed to help them.

To the mage now that seemed like it had been a foolhardy and rash decision, agreeing to work with a group he knew nothing about?  Knew nothing but the words, the lies, that had come from the lips of his employers themselves?

Now Kinn wanted to run.  To get out of this fancy house as quickly as possible and run away.

Kinn took a step back from Phone. "I have to go now, it was very nice to meet you, Phone, goodbye!"

And he turned around and walked away through the crowds, almost running.  He was in the entrance hall and halfway to the door when his honorable side caught up with him.

It was a small side, and most of Kinn was screaming at him to run, to leave Phone and save his own skin, but that small bit of right had pushed its way through to his conscious. 

He stopped.  He couldn't flee.  If he left, they would just send another person to kidnap Phone.  Phone, who seemed to never want to harm anyone.

"That's not my problem!" Kinn thought. "Of course it's your problem!" His honor screamed. "Now get your selfish butt back over there and warn her!"

Kinn took a deep breath and turned around.  He walked back into the party room and towards Phone.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

She never thought she'd have as awkward of an encounter as the day she had met Lord Tison's son, who was incredibly handsome and no matter when she saw him, something BAD and embarrassing had happened. This scenario was soon ramping up to meet that at mach speed, and she hadn't even a chance to tell Ilthis her preference, and she was left staring at where the man once stood.

Suddenly feeling subconscious, she moved away from the snack table and sought out the powder room, and began to examine her face. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, except her hair was a bit disheveled, and with a sigh she worked at attempting to tame it a bit better. But after twenty minutes, she was growing weary and it seemed her hair wasn't going to comply.

And as she was sitting there before the vanity, she noticed something moving in the corner of her eye. There was a black spider fixing her web. She studied the spider for a moment before sighing.

"I feel like doing that too. Making a home here for the rest of this event might make sense. And you seemed to make do with it."
Folding her arms infront of her, she rested her chin and simply stared up at the spider, her eyes soon drifting off in a day dreamed daze.

JackieCat

Where in the world was she?  He had gone back to the table, but she hadn't been there.  He rushed around the party room for what seemed like forever, looking for her, but she was nowhere to be found.  Where was she?  She could have gone to the bathroom, but he had been looking for twenty minutes, she wouldn't be that long.

"Where else, where else. . ?" Kinn stood, running his thin fingers through his hair.  Could his employers have sent someone else to come to the party and kidnap Phone if he failed?  What she was already gone?  He looked around some more and he finally came upon the power room. He stepped inside and there she was, sitting in front of the vanity.

"There you are!" he exclaimed, rushing over to her and grabbing her shoulders. "What in the name of Le'raana are you doing in here for so long?  I thought you were gone!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phonecia nearly leaped out of her skin, and was soon on her feet as she shrilly replied, "What are you doing in the ladies powder room!?"
Because that was all her mind could focus on in that moment!

JackieCat

"What?" Kinn hadn't even noticed, he had been in a such a rush.  As he now realized where he was, he quickly took a step back, his silver-tinted skin turning slightly pink.

Then he remembered why he was in the ladies powered room in the first place.  "It doesn't matter that I'm in here!  I have something of the utmost important to tell you!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Utmost importance? She felt herself sweat as her heart hammered within her chest.
She had heard of love at first sight but this....?
Was this love at first choke? He did save her life.. did he feel obligated to propose to her or it would fester him for all of his days? She couldn't let him do that! If it was just a marriage out of guilt, it would eat away at her too!

Sitting up suddenly, she shook her head.
"Oh no, don't worry about anything. I'm fine, really. I'm just so awkward in these things that... er, maybe I should go first?" she went on, not realizing her spider companion was slowly making her way onto Kinn's shoulder.
"Cause you really shouldn't be in here..."

But that look on his face...
Was it really something like a proposal that had him so distraught?

JackieCat

Proposal was the farthest thing from Kinn's mind.

"No, this is very important," Kin insisted. "I was sent to kidnap you, now I realize that that was wrong and I must warn you.  I was employed by some people to kidnap you, they wanted your blood, to make the world a better place, they said, but I now see that they must have had some ulterior motive."

Kinn started to pace nervously. "Why would they want your blood?  For what?  What's special about you, do you have some magic?  Some secret magic?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor