Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

In Plain Sight

Started by Jounin64, May 25, 2015, 07:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Aldwin casually hums to himself as he rearranges the face of a known magic user. When he is finished he shows the woman her reflection. "So how do you like the new you?" The woman looks at her completely altered face and smiles.

"It's perfect! Those mordecais will have no idea who I am."

"That is fantastic! If you want I can alter your body for an additional fifty gold so the chance of recognization is at zero." He suggests.

"Oh no this should do just fine." She says dropping a pouch of ten gold in his hand and leaving. Aldwin sits down in his chair pondering.

"Hmm...maybe I should lower my price for body, but that does take a lot longer...which does increase my chances of being caught." His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a knocking on his door. It wasn't the coded knock so it couldn't be a customer or at least not one who knew better.  He crouches by the door dagger in hand waiting for what will happen next.

Ice

There was some strange creature wondering threw town this day. They wore hoods over their faces so that they would not be noticed . They wanted to not draw any attention to themselves. As they walked they saw a woman pass them by. Now went on walking until they came to a door. They has been told by a source that there was a magic user that lived here. They knew that he might be able to help they with their healing arts. Or so they hopped.

They then knocked on the door . When there was no answer they just figured that he was not home. They looked around to make sure that there was no one around. They smiled when they saw that there was no one looking. They then knocked once more to see if he was just. Not there or just not knowing who it was.

Jounin64

Aldwin heard another knock. He didn't sense any malicious intent and at this time the guards aren't making rounds around here so the worst it could be is a spy and he knows how to handle spies. Aldwin puts his dagger away and catiously opens the door.

He doesn't see anyone at first until he looked down. Two very short hooded beings sanding at his door. He ushers  them in and closes the door. "Now why aren't you two the most peculiar beings I've seen. What business do you have at my clinic?"   

Ice

The twins looked up at the Man as he looked at first. They were used to that by now. Then when he look down they flashed him a toothy smile.  He was a bit strange looking to say the least. Though their faces would be hard to see under those hoods that they wore. As he ushered them in they took a second to glance around.  Then he started talking and the smaller twin looked at him and said. " we are here because we were told that there was a man here who could help us with our healing arts."  she then looked to her sister who just nodded.

Jounin64

"These two couldn't have been hired by the kingdom and if they claim to bear magic then it would be a pleasure to help...I just need to know that this isn't a ruse." Aldwin thinks before replying.

"Well I am a doctor of some sorts so I could help. I would just like to see your magic at work first." He takes off his right glove showing a minor cut on his palm. "I've had a dreadfully annoying cut all day would, you two be able to speed up the healing? Oh and who is this mysterious contact that informed you of me?"

Ice

The twins waited to see what this stranger would say. They were not sure if they had the right fellow yet . Though they knew that he seemed to fit the description very well. Then they heard what he said about wanting to see their magic at work. Well they could certainly do that if he wanted them to. They looked at his hand and gave a smile. " indeed we could speed up the healing. That is a rather small wound compared to what we are used to." said the larger twin.

Then they both gently touched his hand and the wound started to slowly mend. As this happened they heard his question. " well all we know is that he is called cacao . He is a rather strange mage who lives near the edge of town." they said. Then they moved their hands and revealed that the cut was almost healed completely.

Jounin64

Aldwin put his hand back into his glove satisfied. "Very good now may I meet this Cacao? You see anyone who knows of my clinic that I do not know of is dangerous to me so I'd like to meet this mage and make sure he won't be a liability. If you help me with this I can set you two up as my official assistance to the clinic. Flesh sculpting can double over for healing, but it is still primal magic so you two will be very useful."

Ice

The twins looked at the man as he spoke now. They were sure that they could find the strange mage again. After all the mage had said that the twins were to be trusted. They then nodded and listened to the man talking. They were not sure what their friend would think of this man. Then he said something about what he did. They did not show it but that fact kind of surprised them. They had not been told by the mage what this man did exactly . He had just said he could help them. "  yes you may meet him. Yeah that is very understandable. Heh that sounds like a deal. " the larger twin said.

Jounin64

"Ah very good!" Aldwin exclaims with delight. He quickly locks up te place and heads to the back of the room. From there he moves some wooden boxes revealing a trap door. "Can't be too cautious right?" Aldwin chuckles as he opens the hatch and goes down the trap door.

Motioning the two to follow. "I have an underground escape incase things get volatile, but now seems like a great time to use it." He explains

Ice

At the mans excitement the twins smiled more. They still were not comfortable enough to reveal their faces just  yet. That would come latter . They then watched him go about locking up his place. They had to wonder why he had not gone outside before doing that. The answer came to them when he revealed a trap door. To say the least they were impressed. " indeed" they said together.

Then they walked behind the man as they went down the trap door. Then they heard him tell them why he had the trap door. That was a very good thing considering  that this place hated the magic users. "  ahh that is very smart thinking." said the smaller twin now as she followed her sister.

Jounin64

"Why thank you, you learn a lot when you grow up in a place like this by yourself." Alric continues through the tunnels wondering many things like who was this mysterious mage? What race are these two? And what was ahead of him for the future because he couldn't rid that gut wrenching feeling that this encounter is going o change everything for him.

He is almost at the end of the tunnel when he realized he completely forgot to learn these two's names. Alric breaks out of thought. "You know where are my manors I haven't even learned your names yet."

Ice

The twins were following the man as they walked threw the tunnel. They thought that he was starting out to be very kind so far. They smiled as they moved forward in silence wondering where the tunnel lead to. They were kind of surprised that just one man could make a tunnel like this. They then heard him speak and frowned. Did they want to tell him their names just yet? Well it was not like it could hurt anything. If he was lying and trying to turn them all in well they were capable of clearing his memory . At least one of them was anyhow.

" heh and we do not know yours either. well I am shah and this is Varna. What is your name? " asked the smaller kinder twin. Her sister was not to good with being kind herself. She was more of the off standing type.

Jounin64

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you two. As for my name you may call me the Witch Doctor. My true name lies behind my mask. Once I can fully trust you two then you will know my true identity."

The tunnel ends and Alric opens the hatch revealing the outskirts of Reajh. "Well we're out of town, now it is your turn to lead."

Ice

The twins listened to what the man was now saying. They could unstained him not wanting to say his real name. their eyes were glowing in the low light of the tunnel . " ahh then the witch doctor it is." said Varna . As he opened the hatch they were kind of relived to be outside. They were used to  being outside more then inside. " alrighty then." said shah . Then they started to lead him towards the mage home.

Jounin64

Aldwin adjusted his eyes to the light and takes a deep breath it wasn't an often thing for him to be able to breath fresh air. He follows them until they reach a small house in the middle of no where.

"So is there any pass codes or wards that I should know about?" Aldwin inquires.

Ice

The twins walked at an even pace as they lead him to the mage home.  They smiled as they came to his home. Then they heard what the man asked and looked to him. " well he has a few traps to ward off trespassers. So we shall show you where they are." they said with a smile. Then they walked carefully up to his home. They made sure that they avoided any traps.  They made sure that the man was doing as they did. After all they did not want him to be caught in one of those magical traps.

Jounin64

Aldwin follows the twins' steps and precautions until the very last trap which was an inscribed rune in the floor. The two where able to get across because of their size, but Aldwin was just two big to inch around it. He attempted to jump over it , but his heel hit the edge and the neext thing he knew he was suspended in the air.

"How do I get out of this?" Aldwin wails as he bounces in the air. The sound of footsteps rang through the house. "Wonderful he's coming....I hope he doesn't kill supposed trespassers on sight." Aldwin thinks.

Ice

The twins heard a sound that made them look back at the man who was following them. The saw him up in the air and blinked. Oops they for got to tell him about that. As they looked up the heard footsteps coming fast. The mage had heard the noise as well. " we will get you down. " they said with a smile. Then they spoke the words that defused the trap. Though he would probably fall to the ground now but it was better then being trapped right?

Then the door opened and a tall man with blue green eyes and red hair. He looked first to the twins then to the man. " hay what's going on? You two know him." he asked with a frown  . The twins nodded and he smiled. " welcome then good sir." he said to aldwin.

Jounin64

Thud! Aldwin landed hard on the ground and while he was still trying to get his senses together he heard the mage welcome him. Aldwin quickly gets up brushing off any dirt on his clothes. "Thank you sir! I am the Witch Doctor, but you probably already knew that. I also assume you are Cacao?"

Ice

The twins cringed as they saw the man hit the ground . They started to walk over to see if he was alright when he got up. Well atleast he alright. They remained quiet as he spoke to the mage.

The mage looked at the twins. " heh you ladies could have warned him about the landing. " then he returned his attention back to the man who has started talking. " well any one who knows my friends are welcome here. Yes I knew about you. I saw it in my predictions. Indeed I am." the mage said with a jolly voice. He was very happy right now.