Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

In Plain Sight

Started by Jounin64, May 25, 2015, 07:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

"Very good! And predictions? Quite intriguing, I assume you are a fortune teller? That is a common Thanati magic so I know it very well...it can be very useful." Aldwin's face suddenly turns grim. "I also know that can end up backfiring and hurt me instead if you decide to reveal my secrets...So I'd like to make a deal that will keep the both of us happy."

Ice

The mage smiled as he listened to the man. So he knew of thanati magic as well. That was very interesting indeed. " yes indeed I am. I am aware of many different magic. My parents were travels who had me study them. " he stated then he saw a grim look on the man face. " What kind of deal do you want to make?" he  asked now. Then he glanced back to the twins who were intently listening to the conversation.

Jounin64

(OOC: omg I didn't even think of this the mask covers the whole face D: Oh well plot whole XD)

"Oh nothing just a little compromise. You help me I help you. I need more eyes and ears from outside of Reajh, so if you keep my whereabouts and identity safe while reporting info on the enemy I will change anything on you at any time for free to keep you safe."

Alric's voice goes uncharacteristically dark. "But if you were to break this compromise I know fates worse than death." 

Ice

((  heh I didn't know that lol  ))

The mage looked at the man as he spoke . He seemed to be the kind who he could deal with. He was sure that this guy was the one he had told the twins about.  " heh you do not have to worry about me doing that, after all I am sure that we can trust each other ." he said with a smile.  Then he looked around and smiled. " would you all like to go inside?"

Jounin64

(OOC: Lol look up plague doctor mask if that will help. It's basically a full face beaked mask with built in goggles)

"Yes that would be nice...it is safer inside anyways." Aldwin walks in unsure if the twins followed. What Aldwin saw astonished him, the house looks so much bigger and it was filled with many magical items and artifacts. "Amazing...simply amazing, I do believe our arrangement will both benefit us greatly."

Ice

(ahh I see alrighty)

The twins smiled as they walked behind the man. They knew that the mage had many things in his home. Some things he had were very dangerous. Meanwhile the mage smiled as they entered his home. " Hehe yeah I think it will too." then he took down an amulet from a shelf. " I gave my two friends one of these and I want you to have one too. It will make you protected from some evil or harm during fights" he said with a smile as he offered it to the man.

Jounin64

Aldwin looks at the amulet he narrows his eyes skeptically at it which could be barely seen through his mask. "I don't want to be rude, but we just met how do I know this isn't some way to track me?" He looks over at the two. "Can you confirm that the amulet really protects you in a fight?"

Ice

The mage mealy smirked as he heard what the man said . Well this one was a smart one after all. " at least you know how to survive . You just told me that you knew fates worse then death. I would not want to test that." he said with a nod.

The twins looked at the man as he asked his question. They then pulled out two identical amulets. " yes they do protect you during a fight . Watch this." said the larger twin. She then threw a punch at her sister. Her sister held up the amulet and it glowed blue. He hand moved slowly and barely touch her. Then they looked at the man and smiled.

Jounin64

Aldwin contemplates all the possible outcomes then accepts the amulet. "You seem like a smart man yourself. It will be a pleasure doing business with you." He shakes the mage's hand and then turns to the twins.

"Shall we make our leave now? I can't keep the clinic closed up for to long."

Ice

The mage smiled to the man . He was a bit strange but not a bad fellow. He heard his words and gave a nod to him. " indeed and will be for me as well." he then firmly shook the mans hand.

The twins looked to the man as he asked his question. " yes we should." they said softly.

Jounin64

"Splendid!" With that they make their leave and come in through the same tunnels that they went out. When Aldwin entered his clinic he heard a rustling in the room. Aldwin keeps one hand near his knives while lighting a candle with the other.

The light revealed the source of the noise to be a rat." Adlwin relaxes and looks towards the twins. "Ah false alarm, I thought one of my test subjects escaped...if you want to work for me you will have to learn about the dark side of my business...if you can't keep it secret you will have to join them."

Ice

The twins followed the man threw the tunnel once again. They were not sure what to expect by working for him. However they were sure  that they were going to learn a few new things. As they did they heard the sound of something moving. They paused and  looked to the man. At least where they thought it was in the darkness.

They then looked at the man as they saw he light the candle. Then they heard him say something about test subjects. That made the twins kind of blink and glance at each other. They did not know what to think of that.  Then the heard the rest of what he said. Oh they would not want to become test subjects.

" you have test subjects?"  one of them asked . The other took a couple of steps back. They were not comfortable at all.

Jounin64

"Yes you see I am a man of health and science. People don't come in just to remain safe by appearance changes, some come in so I can heal what normal doctors cannot...deformities and to learn how cure people better I much learn how their ailments work do I take people who would threaten, harm or kill mages for no just reason and I do my deformity research on them."

He senses their uneasiness, but continues. "I am testing on the evil to help the good...all heroes must be villains to create a better ending and I will take the fall for the greater good."

Ice

The twins listened to what the man was now saying. They looked to each other and could see his point. Though that really did not make them feel much better. It would take time for them  to get used to the idea .  " well that  makes sense. Heh well as long as it isn't just random victims then that's alright. We are not the kind who like dealing with those who hurt the good people." said the larger twin with a smile. The smaller twin still had an undecided look on her face.

Jounin64

"Then we are at a mutual agreement." He shakes both their hands. "Welcome to my clinic." A knock was then heard which followed the code. "Ah! Looks like someone needs our help. Just remember that knock it will mean they are our allies."

Aldwin unlocks and opens the door a distraught man barges in instantly and Aldwin closes the door.
Before Aldwin could say anything the man starts babbling.

"Please Witch Doctor I need your help. I saw some guards assault a mage so I hit them over the head with my shovel and..."

"You think they saw you?" Aldwin says finishing the man's sentence." He nods nervously.

"I just wish I could forget seeing that assault."

Ice

The twins looked at the man ants smile slightly. The smaller twin was not as brave as her sister was . However she knew when she could trust someone. " indeed we do. " said the larger twin with a nod. They then held out gloved hands for him to shake. Skin contact was never good when these two were nervous.

They then heard the knock at the door. They looked to the man when he said that it was a customer. They blinked then nodded at his words. They looked the man over as he came in. they could see that he was very upset. They gave each other a glance and then watched them for a second.

Then they heard what he said last. He wanted to for get the assault. Now the smaller twin could help with that . Though she was not sure rather she should conceder that this was their first job and all. " uhh I could help with that sir. I have the power to clear memories ." said the small twin softly. As she spoke she was looking at the man hoping he would think she was trying to take his customer or something.

Jounin64

"Now really? Quite intriguing I did not know one had that capability." He turns back to the man. "It will be 10 gold for the face change and 50 for the body. As to forget the assault this one will be on the house."

"Thank you very much Witch Doctor!" The man gives him 10 gold. "Only face please." Aldwin nods and sits the man down, before he begins he turns to the smaller twin.

"Erase his memory of the assault after I'm done."

Ice

The smaller twin looked to the man now. She was not the kind who really spoke about her power unless she could use it to help someone. Even the she felt really nervous talking about it. Her sister was the opposite though she was rather high and mighty about it.

She nodded to what he said and glance at her sister. " she has the opposite power. She can make others remember things" she said softly. The other twin was just watching the man with interest. She wanted to see what he was capable of.

Then he spoke to the small twin and she looked at him with her glowing eyes. " okay" she said softly.

Jounin64

Aldwin focuses very intently on his work "Hmmm lets see your nose is very pronounced so lets flatten that, give you more of a jaw line, and raise your cheek bones." Aldwin mutters to himself as he goes on.

He finally finishes his work revealing a completely different man. "VoilĂ , you can be recognized no longer." He then looks at the smaller twin. "Your turn."

Ice

The twins watched as aldwin worked on the mans face. They were kind of amazed at what he could do . Though they still knew that there was more to come. Maybe not right now but in the future. The larger twin did not change her expression as she watched him. She was impressed by his talents. However the smaller twin was still nervous. Maybe it was because she was not as confident as her sister.

She then looked to the witch doctor as he spoke to her " alright." she said softly. She moved forward and  stood before man. " I need you to relax as much as you can and focus on the attack sir." she said softly. Then she took off her glove and pressed her hand to the mans head. Her eyes glow a grey color as she  saw the memory. Then she removed it. It would cause the man a tingling sensation but nothing more. 

When she was done she move her hand and backed away. " there you go sir." she said softly.