Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Remnants of the Past

Started by Anonymous, December 12, 2005, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I was wondering, just out of curiosity. When the Earth, well, destroys itself and whatever, makes like, this new cycle, sort of thing.
Has the landscape changed in any way? Have the monuments and buildings and that sort of thing all been destroyed beyond recognition, or are there still fallen ruins and the like of the 'ancient' past there to be explored and discovered?
Just curious, I thought it might make an interesting quest to explore such things, from a medieval viewpoint.
Anyone care to shed some light on this for me?
Thanks.

Rhindeer

Dude...that's an awesome idea... O.O

The landscape is totally changed and different, BUT I think it'd be totally possible for old ruins and the like to still exist. I didn't really make it clear on what "destroyed" encompasses (partly because I'm always adding to the game and totally open to new views and interpretations! XD). The cyclical destruction could mean a literal *KABOOM!* Earth is nothing more than galaxy dust, and has to reform right from space particles all over again, or it could just mean some cataclysmic event happens that causes mass earthquakes, lots of plate shifting and volcanos forming new land masses, and wipes out the grand majority of life on Earth. In either case, life has to start over from scratch. ^__^

I thiiink...the latter is a better idea, because then there can be ruins and stuff, and as you said, exploring those ruins could make for some awesome plots and be really interesting! I never even really thought of that before, but yeah, that's an awesome idea, so I think we can go with the latter idea which means, whoo, ruins!

^___^ Ahhh! That's such an awesome idea! <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Rhindeer

You're welcome!

And thank you for bringing up that idea to begin with! ^___^
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa