Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not the Blanket!! (Night)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, June 19, 2015, 10:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

It was a average day in the plains, normal temperatures and some wind coming on from the north. Nothing more, nothing less.

It was at during this kind of weather when some people would like to come out and relax, even if it was for just a moment. Bovil was one of those people, he traveled day and night, a little rest wouldn't kill him.

Bovil trotted along the grassy fields with a smirk on his face, today he was just going to relax. He didn't have any errands to run, any game to hunt, or anything else to do for that matter. All he had to do was set up a small resting place for himself. The centaur happily removed his large bow along with the massive quiver that came along with it and hung both in a tree nearby. He then opened up one of his bags and pulled out a large, but surprising comfortable blanket. It was a basic pelt blanket that he had made for him a while back. He unfolded the large blanket and set it down on the ground before stand over it and laying down on it. He smiled as he murmured,"Finally, a chance to relax for once."

Nightshade

The wind tugged at Enya's hair as she climbed to balance on Donovan's back. He had brought them out over the plains today and she was in need of a little fun. He hadn't stopped grumbling at her since they had left this morning.

Woman, I swear, sit down like a normal human being! Donovan's mix of telepathy and dragon speech translated perfectly in Enya's mind. Her response was only laughter that reached her eyes and spilled from her lips.

"You worry too much, Donovan!" She shouted as her arms flung out from her side to catch her balance.

Below she seen a likely target for her pent up energies and she jumped before Donovan could read her thoughts and stop her. Another laugh bubbled up from her chest as she tumbled through the air. Donovan cursed her eloquently through their mind connection as he dove after her. She got close enough to get a good look at the individual before Donovan swept her up into his arms and into safety.

Take me back down there, you brute. I want to talk to him. The laughter took the sting out of her words. Donovan growled.

What if he doesn't want to talk to you, you insufferable little thing? But Donovan had already turned around and was flapping his massive frame towards the stranger.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil continued his preparations until he saw a girl falling through the sky. His eyes widened as he watched as a dragon swooped over and caught the girl. He smiled as he said,"Dragon rider? Phew, at least I don't have to fear about her plummeting to her doom." He then watched as the dragon suddenly turned his way and seemed to be coming towards him. Bovil tried to act calm, but was a bit worried that he would get swooped into this as well, he could only pray that nothing bad would happen to him on his one day without traveling.

Nightshade

Donovan landed a little ways away. It wasn't a tactic to make the stranger more comfortable but rather to give him room to protect Enya who would have been running off towards the man without a second thought had he not held onto her firmly. Reluctantly, Donovan released her.

"You really should loosen up. Not everyone is out to get me, you know." She all but trotted towards the man, her back to Donovan.

Donovan shook his great head. "That's because they don't know you yet." The use of common speech was a benefit for the other person in their company.

Enya tossed a smile over her shoulder at her partner. Then she turned it on the centaur. She'd heard of them, but never actually seen one and she was fascinated. However, a grumbled warning in her head reminded her to keep her hands to herself. Donovan could be such a spoil sport.

"Hello, I'm Enya." She offered her hand, unsure of his customs and hoping she wasn't about to seriously offend him somehow. He was male, too, of that she was completely certain and despite her fingers being kept firmly within her control, her gaze roamed him freely and playfully.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil watched as the girl dismounted the dragon and was already coming towards him. He quickly accepted the hand she offered him and watched as her eyes seemed to be looking around his entire body. He shook the girl's hand, who's name he believe to have been Enya. He then smiled and said,"It's a pleasure to meet you Enya, I'm Bovil." He then asked as he watched her eyes roam about him,"Is there something you're looking for?"

Nightshade

Enya grinned impishly and Donovan snarled as he settled down into the grass. "Nothing I'm not capable of finding myself."

Her thoughts were decidedly wicked but it was more a ploy to pester Donovan than true sexual interest in the centaur. Donovan was not appreciative of the direction of her thoughts. Enya settled herself onto Bovil's blanket and patted the space next to her, the mischievous grin tugging at her lips.

"I've never met a centaur before." I don't often meet males of any species quite so attractive at all. The last earned her a reproachful glare from the intimidating dragon and the slew of colorful curses he slung at her made her chuckle. Silvery eyes met and her amusement was plainly obvious. Donovan was devoted to her and ruthlessly jealous of her attentions. He was plainly aware she was teasing the both of them and she was enjoying it.

Enya turned her gaze back on Bovil, the amusement from her more or less private conversation with Donovan still plain. It was likely obvious just what she was up to, otherwise she could be in a bit of trouble. A threatening dragon was not a joke to most. Enya was the gambling sort however and she was enjoying herself too much to back off now.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil welcomed Enya to the blanket and smiled at her remark about her first centaur. He then chuckled and said,"Well, its my first time seeing a girl ride a dragon." He then turned to look at the dragon who seemed to be giving them both a anger fueled stare. He turned back around and silently asked Enya,"Uh...is your dragon friend okay?"

Nightshade

Enya gave Bovil a mock look of horror. "I might actually irritate him enough to eat me!"

Donovan rolled his eyes. "You are too stringy and would give me indigestion."

He settled more relaxed on the ground and Enya smiled as she admired to silver flash of ruins against his ebony scales. He had been lecturing her since the day he'd caught her falling from that ledge. Enya was merciless in her teasing of him as well but it was all in good fun. Anyone who spent the slightest amount of time with the two could tell that they were completely devoted to each other.

A thought crossed her mind and almost at once Donovan's warning shot through her head. Enya.....

The conversation was bordering on boring her and before Bovil could settle well onto the blanket she rolled and made to snatch it out from under them both.

I'm not helping you out of this mess, you little pain. As if to prove his point he stretched out but his overprotective silver gaze never left her.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil nearly fell down when the blanket was pulled out from under him. He looked over at Enya and said,"Ha ha, what a good laugh...now give me back the blanket." He then grabbed Enya around the waist and hoisted her up before trying to yank the blanket out of her hand with his own free hand.

Nightshade

Enya laughed as she jerked the blanket just out of his reach and twisted her smaller frame out of his grasp. Slightly more complicated than escaping a dragon's grasp but manageable. Enya didn't bother trying to run from him. On a dragon few could match her but she was human, she thought, and on the ground. He'd run her down before she got three steps.

"Tell me about centaurs, and I'll give you your blanket back." She grinned at Bovil. The fact that he might not find her game amusing never crossed her mind. If he didn't and attacked her, well that was just another game for her. Enya was careful to stay close but just out of reach. When Donovan chased her she used his body against him, staying up next to him where it was difficult to grab her. The centaur was smaller but she figured she could use the same tactic. There was only one way to find out.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil pondered to himself for a moment and said,"Well, what is there to know? We're half human, half horse...there are some who are different breeds, but I don't really wish to go into detail about it. We're a civil race, choosing to live in simple villages were most people know who you are and don't really mind. We craft weaponry for the soldiers or hunters, grow crops to keep everyone satisfied, and if anyone happens to stumble upon our villages me or one of the elders are more than happy to lead them in the right direction or give them a meal before sending them off. However, there is one thing that all the tribes and villages share, we have no females. The females have their own villages, their own ways of living and only come out during certain times of the year in order to mate with the village elders in order to keep our population steady."

Bovil then sighed for a moment and said,"Is that all you wish to know about my people?"

Nightshade

"Sounds so civilized." Enya frowned momentarily forgetting she was keeping a blanket away from the centaur. "And truthfully no fun at all. To only get to see men when you were ready to have a baby."

"Why are you out here then, Bovil?" She took a cautionary step back. She wasn't ready to end her game just yet. Curiosity had taken hold of her. "I can't imagine leaving such a life as that." Sarcasm was thick in her voice but it was as teasing as the smile tugging her lips. Enya well understood that most people lived rather tame lives and she was out of the ordinary. She didn't judge.

thehiddenbeast13

"Well..." Bovil said,"I wanted to be able to go out and explore for once, and so far it has been worth the amount of effort I put into it." He then held out his hand, expecting his payment of the blanket for his explanation.

Nightshade

Her dragon's eyes sparkled as she held the blanket out teasing him to come and get it. "That tells me nothing. So your men and women live apart. And your almighty self went exploring."

"It doesn't tell me why." Enya's body looked relaxed but every muscle was coiled in anticipation. This really was too much fun. Donovan's eyes were slits watching her and the dialogue he kept running in her head about her insolence was almost distracting. She dutifully ignored him.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil murmured something under his breath, but finally said,"Well, I felt like there was something for me out there, I don't know what but I feel like I'm trying to find someone or something to do instead of being in a village all day. My job was pulling carts for some of the human tribesmen...wasn't exactly my favorite thing to do."

Nightshade

Enya's eyebrow rose as Bovil grumbled at her. Her smile never faltered. "There are humans in your village? And why wouldn't they just use a horse to do that sort of work? Why would you even do it in the first place?"

Enya, has it ever occurred to you that not everyone wants to spill their guts to you? Donovan's eyes were close but she stuck her tongue out at him anyway. It occurred to her she simply barged right on ahead anyway.

thehiddenbeast13

"Well not exactly..." Bovil said while rubbing the nape of his neck, "The human tribe lives a bit far off from the centaurs, but some of us are commanded by the elder to assist them in simple tasks and in return we gain trade and a bit more territory. And no, they don't treat me like a horse! Although, some of the kids have jumped onto my back before for fun...little devils." He then looked back over at Enya and asked,"Can I please have my blanket back now?"

Nightshade

"Sure. Just as soon as you come get it." Enya grinned.

Really she shouldn't be pushing him this far. She didn't know him at all. Yet, she couldn't help herself. Then her features scrunched in thoughtfulness.

"Nope, you're right. I usually see oxen pulling carts, not horses." She watched him out of the corner of her eye. It was all Donovan's fault for letting her get bored. It really was.

I am not to blame for anything you do, woman. This time it was more dragon speech than telepathy and Enya chuckled.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil rolled his eyes as he began to trot over to pick up his blanket. He grabbed the pelt blanket and took it from the girl, tossing it over his own shoulder and laying back down. He was a bit too lazy to set up the blanket again, so he simply chose to lay in the grass. He then looked over at Enya and said,"Are there anymore questions that you'd like to ask? I'd be more than happy to answer them."

Nightshade

Enya's lips formed into a pout which looked out of place on her face and really didn't match her eyes at all. She was rather disappointed in having her game stolen from her so quickly. It was her own fault for not paying more attention to the centaur.

It's your fault for distracting me. She accused Donovan. His response was only a deep laugh and it drew a smile from her lips. Enya settled down in the grass next to him and leaned up against his thick neck absently running her fingers along the ruins glittering on his ebony scales.

"None that aren't even more rude than I've already been." Enya offered no apology for she honestly saw nothing wrong with what she had done. She wouldn't have apologized even if she had. "What do you hope to find out here?"

Enya gestured to the expanse of plains. She hadn't been in Adela for very long but she'd been here long enough to know it was much the same as any other place. For now it was still enough to hold her attention but who was to say for how long. Enya had a restless spirit most of the time.