Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not the Blanket!! (Night)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, June 19, 2015, 10:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil only tossed his shoulders as he said,"Some new hunting grounds would be nice, maybe a few lakes or rivers?" He could only hope. He then smiled and said,"I'm not worried about that at the moment, I'm more worried about how the rest of my 'relaxation' day will go."

Nightshade

"There's very little to hunt out here." Her eyebrow rose again as she studied him.

The mischievous glint was back in her eyes and she smiled slyly. "I really guess that depends on how you'd like your day to go. I mean, if you're tired of me I can always leave." She looked away as if she were truly hurt by the thought. Nothing could be further from the truth. Enya was having fun but she still more or less detached from anything that didn't concern Donovan and her directly. However, she enjoyed playing with other people whether or not they enjoyed playing along.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil smiled a little and asked,"Well, that's up to you...I don't really mind." He then pulled some of his long hair out from under him and joked,"And if your dragon agrees with you."

Nightshade

Donovan snarled but didn't lift his head so as to dislodge the woman leaning against him. "I belong to no one, horse."

Enya stroked Donovan's neck without really thinking about it. She was rather used to his temper though he didn't often use the common tongue finding it beneath himself to communicate with most people. Of course, she was wasn't in the least bit intimidated by overbearing dragons either. Donovan looked at her and she smiled at him. "My big pet dragon."

He accidentally knocked her upside the head with his wing. Enya hugged his neck. "I've not a care in the world today, Bovil. My only goal was not to be bored."

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil was a bit surprised by the dragon speaking and quickly said,"I didn't mean it as a pet...I meant to refer to you as a companion for Enya." He then watched as Enya had called the dragon her big pet and got a wing upside the head. Bovil smiled at her remark and said,"Well, you're more than welcome to stay and chat."

Nightshade

"What would you be interested in talking about?" Enya wascurious. when she asked questions it was not born of a need to know, she asked because she was bored and it seemed an interesting thing to do. To her that was the only reason to do anything because she could see no reason to not do what made one happy.

thehiddenbeast13

"Well..." Bovil said with a newly found smile on his face, "Perhaps you can you tell me about yourself? I'd really be interested to know how you met your scaly partner."

Nightshade

"I was raised by his mother." Enya thought about it for a moment. She found nothing odd about being raised by dragons but she'd learned quickly that most considered it highly unusual. Had she been different than she was, Enya would probably have avoided the strange circumstances of her childhood. "Donovan saved my life when I was a girl and we've been bonded ever since."

She smiled at her own thoughts and Donovan's eyes slitted as he glanced at her. "Some days I think he regrets getting himself tied to me."

Nothing could be further from the truth. The two were nearly inseperable. Whatever bound them together was little compared to how much the pair had come to love and rely on each other. Few could understand since most considered dragons to just be animals.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil smiled at Enya and said,"Raised by dragons? Now that, that is something quite unique." He then chuckled a little and said,"You know, you might be the first person to not ask me for a ride, I can't tell you how many times I've had people ask me that."

Nightshade

Enya laughed at that. "Why should I? I get to ride the most amazing dragon in the world. I don't even ride horses."

Donovan grunted at that but said nothing. Their relationship was a strange one indeed. They were not rider and dragon, he was not her mount no matter how she teased him. It was not telepathy in the general sense that allowed them to communicate either. While Enya was capable of understanding the other dragons, it was because she knew dragon speech and was fairly skilled at reading their body language. She couldn't connect mentally with them as she and Donovan did. He had caught traces in her mind where she sometimes sensed the clan as a whole the way he could but it was fleeting at best. They shared a connection somehow and neither of them knew the extent of such a bond. Though neither would admit it to the other, it frightened them both for Enya had been born mortal and he immortal and no one knew how their bond would affect them.

Enya seemed oblivious to his thoughts as she chatted with the centaur. Yet her gaze traveled over him and met his own and he noticed again how her eyes had become like his own. Without ever pausing in her conversation Enya snuggled against him, offering what comfort she could and her own mind settled in his like a soothing balm. He should know better by now, she was never far from his own mind.

"I bet it gets very annoying. Although I must ask, how does it feel to have someone riding you? Is it not strange? What about having the body of a horse? What does that feel like?" Enya's sudden curiosity overcame her as one thought cascaded into others. She was still somewhat distracted by Donovan's thoughts but his gentle annoyance flickered through her head. Enya smiled when she realized he was annoyed because she had began eying the blanket again. She hadn't even noticed she was doing it.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil pondered to himself a little and said,"Well, after it while it goes bother me to have people ask me for a while. It all depends on the person, if they're trying to tame me then it's flat out hell. If they're kind it's a good time and I feel like letting someone ride me on my own will is a sign of pure trust. When they're on me it's like when I carry something heavy on my back, I hardly even notice them there sometimes. Having the body of a horse is as normal to me as you walking on two legs. We don't know any different and we're proud to be the way we are, even if people try to make us their personal mounts."