Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fragile Things like Butterfly Wings

Started by Draconian, July 29, 2015, 12:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Medina felt her heart drop. The hesitation. "Promise me!"

visualspice

Her words brought him back to her, before he set his jaw and sighed.
"What is there to promise when the events of five months ago never happened."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

A smile.

Medina closed her eyes for a moment and nodded.

Giving a polite bow, Medina fixed her hair and ran a hand over her stomach. Then she turned and walked away. Hopefully to never see her Stranger again.

visualspice

Despite his desire to forget her, that night he couldn't sleep. And this sort of fitful night felt worse than the dark dreams. Stupidly, he found himself out in the night, blindly fumbling to find her home. Though he tried to commit it to memory so he could avoid it, he found himself approaching it in the dead of the night. This time, however, he wore simpler clothing. He didn't need to draw any unwanted attention, and as he observed the home, he noticed a window was open. And as he went to observe, he realized the window was to her room.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The candles had gone dim which meant that she had done enough work for the night. Medina stretched her arms and rubbed her finger tips, more than enough times tonight had she pricked them. It wasn't until she was up to close her window that she spotted him.

Froze.

Stared.

"Hi." Medina stared, confused, "you know, the front door isn't too far away." Taking a step back from the window she tilted her head, "I suppose you can climb in through the window, too."

visualspice

He frowned. He had hoped he hadn't been seen. But it was what it was. And his frown only deepened.
"It would be indecent for me to enter," he told her softly, keeping himself to the shadows.

Draconian

Medina only rose an eyebrow and smirked slightly, "well... Okay. Suit yourself," and she began to close the window.

visualspice

But his hand shot out to stop it. He gave her a hard look.

Draconian

Medina returned the hard look. Placing her hand over his she gave a long pause, "What can I do for you, Stranger?" While she had been tired before, now she was just curious. Curious and a little worried.

visualspice

"I can't forget," he told her boldly, eyes still sharp and locked on her's. "Though I can pretend, even as a man, I can't ignore it."

Draconian

Medina sighed and looked away after a moment, frowning. "What could you possibly gain from me?"

visualspice

"An heir," he told her, sternly. BUt that wasn't all. He moved to push her hand aside and easily slipped into her home and as he stood beside her, he paused to observe her at her full height. He hadn't remebered her being so.. tall. Perhaps it was just due to her pregnancy that she seemed... bigger, tougher.

Draconian

Medina's heart dropped.

The expression on her face faltered but she held her ground. This was her home. Her bedroom. Shoulders back, chin up. "You don't seem to understand. This is my child." A shuddering breath, "you're..." Medina couldn't say the words, staying calm and rational was difficult. "I ... I can't just give you my baby."

visualspice

He paused any advances and studied her hard.
"I never asked for that."
But an heir...
His eyes strayed to her belly.

Draconian

Medina moved her hands to cover the swell of her stomach, turning slightly.  "So what. You'll just... Steal it away if it's a boy?" Her voice grew heated and she took a few steps back.

visualspice

His jaw tensed as he looked at her even more tensely.
"You would come along as well."
He wouldn't be the first Duke, or even Grand Duke, who had a mistress with child. His own father...
He turned away, suddenly recalling that time in his youth. He remembered how sad his mother was... and then what? He hated his father for it, to make his mother so upset, ot make things so...
cold.

But what now?

Now....
He was no better than him.

Draconian

Medina took a careful breath.

"I don't want to be your whore. I just... Want to raise my child in peace. I hope for both our sake's it's a girl." Her voice was even, her expression was solemn.  "I'm not your typical woman, I'm not going to jump at the chance to be the..." She frowned, "you won't get what you want from me."

visualspice

His anger flared suddenly as he growled out, "If you didn't want to be my whore, then why did you fuck me in the rain?"

Draconian

Medina's palms itched and she just stared at him. She couldn't tell him the real reason for the kiss. It would mean her head. "I'm fairly certain you did the fucking." Medina took a step closer, giving him a once over. "I wasn't thinking. Just as you weren't. We were just two people in the rain. It didn't mean anything and it wasn't supposed to lead to this." Medina crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him, "also, at least I'm not married."

visualspice

His eyes narrowed.
"And since we didn't think, we have to now."