Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fragile Things like Butterfly Wings

Started by Draconian, July 29, 2015, 12:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Medina, again, crossed her arms over her chest. "What do you care about this child anyway? Go have more with your wife." Another frown.

visualspice

Calent simply glared back at her.
"I am still a man. And if the child is mine, it should be taken care of. Even if he seems forgotten. Besides, the business with me and my wife is none of your own."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

A heavy sigh.

"I don't know. I can't just... This was easier when you were some bum on the run." Fingers tugged at her hair and again, Medina's hands went protectively over her tummy. Lowering her head she closed her eyes and gave a heavy breath. "Can't you just... Leave it?" Licking her lips, she gave a side ways look.

"If it's a boy I... Can find some way to tell you," a lie. Stranger didn't need to know that though.

visualspice

"Do you think I'm a fool? The mistake is equally mine."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Chewing on her lip, Medina sighed and closed her eyes. "I was hoping you were a fool." Medina heaved a sigh and just looked at him. "Fine. Tell me what to do. I'm confused and all I want is what's best for my child."

And Medina knew being the Grand Duke's bastard child wasn't it.

visualspice

Calent continued to glare.
"Money.. you'll need money and connections to ensure the child grows up properly. I.. can even make note in my will about some rights to inheritance, no matter the gender."

Draconian

Medina just frowned at him, "would you stop glaring at me?" A hand went out and she waved it at his face. "You could probably be handsome if you weren't so Frowny all the time." Then her hand was back at her stomach, smoothing over the baby lump while she closed her eyes and let the information process.

"If that's what you want to do," Medina said calmly, "just know that had I known who you were I... I wouldn't have told you." A small voice and she turned away slightly, looking down at her fake ring. "It would have been far more easy for me that way."

visualspice

His eyes followed her's down to the fake ring. It looked cheap and worn. He wondered if that was all she could afford, being in the working class. Even still, it did nothing to soften his features.

"We can't change what happen. We had both been weak."

He took her hand suddenly, and removed a large ring from his middle finger and placed it into her hand.

"The crest of Allar. It's been in my family for generations. There are only two of its kind." He paused to look at it in her hand. "This one was given to me by my father. The other resides on his finger in his grave. You keep it. Give it to that child."

Draconian

"Give it to my child?" A shake of her head before she looked at his bare hand, then the warm ring in hers. "Won't people notice it missing? Are you going to tell them you gave it to your bastard?" Confusion was evident, and Medina sighed and moved to sit on her bed, ring still clasped in her hand. "Fine. I'll give it to them. I won't tell them what it means though."

visualspice

"And the money.. you and the child should grow up in.. better conditions. It's only right. He.. will have my blood. I'll have it discretely delivered to you in monthly increments once the child is born and proves to be healthy." And at that, he sighed and looked at her.
"You dont' have to tell the child. But they won't be ignorant."

Draconian

Medina looked at her Stranger, frowning.

"I don't want anything from you. My brother and I get along fine." Looking around the room it was modest but comfortable. "You can keep your money. All of it." Insulted that her home was considered 'bad conditions' Medina just stared at his ring in her palm. "I'll give him this. That's it. You try to give me anything else and you'll find it returned to you."

visualspice

His voice remained stern.
"This is not a negotiation."

Draconian

Medina just smiled at him, "I'm aware. You're telling me what's going to happen should my child prove to be healthy. As I'm also telling you what's going to happen. There is no negotiating. You try to interfere beyond this ring and you'll see it returned to you."

visualspice

Who was this woman to speak to him this way?
"You should be careful what you say. You know to whom you speak."

Draconian

Medina tilted up her chin and smiled, "you're the man I had lusty sex with in the rain!"  Hands on her hips she stood up and tilted her head. "I don't care about who you are." Arms crossed over her chest she gave him a look. "You're not allowed to... To Lord over me after you've climbed into my house through my window."

visualspice

"You speak big for someone that seems to nkow so little. Let us hope the child favors after the parent who would do best for it when it is grown."

Draconian

A careful breath and Medina closed her eyes. This man was frustrating. "Indeed. Let's hope the child takes after the parent who wants what's best for it when it's grown," implying herself. Maybe... Medina gave a stretch and worked at the ties of her dress, going over to her dresser and pulling at a night gown. Maybe if she did something inappropriate he would leave. The ring he gave her was tucked into the drawer and it wasn't until her dress was hanging around her waist breasts and belly exposed and she was getting ready to pull the night gown on that she turned around to look at her guest, an eye brow raised, silently waiting for him to get the hint that she was quite ready to sleep.

visualspice

"Is this how you treat most gentlemen? Then it's a wonder you never married."

Draconian

"My apologies," Medina began pulling on a new nightgown, "I didn't realize nudity offended your delicate sensibilities." Newley clothed she offered him a smile and smoothed out her hair. The ring hidden, her patients at the end she folded her arms over her chest and simply tilted her head.

"I'll have you know I never married because my life is my own and not some pawn on a political chess board like your life is." A tilt of her head, a overly polite smile. Medina sighed and ran her finger through her hair, "would you care for some tea then, Stranger?"

visualspice

Calent cut her a look. How could she even know what his life was like? She couldn't even guess the half of it. At the offer of tea, he looked away.
"Don't bother. I'll show myself out." And he moved towards the window where the distant flash of lightning warned of yet another, strong Connlaothian valley storm.