Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Visit Home[Ethereal-Star]

Started by Akia, August 08, 2015, 03:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akia

Tucking his pack a little further back, to keep it from getting any more water on it, Leo settled in what space was left. He ran his fingers through his hair, wringing out some of the water that was dripping down his back. "I forgot how much it rained here," he said as he started to.... Not dry off, but stop getting as wet.

A few more moves to dry himself off, half mimicking his preening behavior, and Leo settled. He looked to Indigo as she spoke. "I hope the same. They don't seem to be long storms, for all they happen a lot. So there is that." Leo just wondered if their shelter would outlast the rain.

He thought about it. "I know of at least two clans that are primarily wolf or fox clans. There are quite a few others where they live with other types. Numa tend to be pretty open to everyone, though there are exceptions." A pause, and Leo chuckled. "I think the reason we don't settle more with other people is that we all tend to be a bit...intensively obsessive on our interest, and it unsettles people."

Falling silent a moment, he looked at Indigo. "So, what area of the jungle do you live in? You mentioned you weren't familiar with this area."

Ethereal-Star

Wringing out her hair some more, Indigo huffed in exasperation, even though her body would not take nearly as long as Leo's to dry, given that she wasn't wearing any clothing. Her necklace and hair however, were a completely different story. "Yeah, the jungle feels the need to rain a lot."

Complaints aside, at least they had temporary shelter for the time being. Still it didn't really make Indigo any less crabby though. It sometimes made her wonder just why she had picked this area of the world to live in. But she full well knew her reasons why. It was not very likely the panther shifters who had murdered her clan would find her here, being as she had once lived on a set of islands separate from the continent she was on now that had its own jungle terrain. As well as plenty of wooded areas.

Already the young woman felt herself getting restless, anxious for the rain to stop. Yet it seemed content to pour for a bit longer. Usually these kinds of storms only lasted no more than twenty minutes or so, give or take. And it had only been about five minutes now.

"It would be nice to meet other shifters of the wolf variety." Indigo mused, before sighing again as a particularly strong gust of wind buffeted against her face. To his other question, she simply said, "To the west of here, a couple miles away. Maybe two and a half."

A thought entered her mind then. "I just hope nothing big and nasty decided to eat my clothes. I only own two sets of clothing as it is!" Even though Indigo had taken care to hide her garments, it was always possible something would come along and eat them. It had happened before.

Akia

"I will say, further north has less rain but once you get too far north, it definitely gets a lot cooler." That was his biggest impediment in going further north than he did currently. Really wanted to get to Connlaoth, to look at the things they made up there. But it was both cold, and not friendly to mage sorts. Which they might mistake him for one of those.

He glanced to Indigo as she spoke. "Well, if I run across any others, I can take note of where and let you know next time I'm down for a visit." After all, he could imagine how lonely it could be to be the only one.

Hair fluffing up some as there was yet another cooler breeze that gusted through, Leo hunched in on himself a little more. "Having your clothes being eaten something you have to worry about often?" He only had one alternative outfit himself, along some light weight fabric to do repairs if needed.

Ethereal-Star

"Make sure they're not panther shifters." she muttered, also huddling in on herself as the wind continued to blow.

"The last and hopefully the only time some beast decided to eat my clothes happened about two years ago. And by the jungle, was it the most bizarre creature ever." Indigo remembered the strange thing very keenly. The awful smell of it too when she hid in some bushes while in wolf form was also not something easily forgettable. It seemed to be a conglomeration of four different animals or creatures entirely.

"It had the tail of a lizard, the body of a bear, wings of a hawk and the head of an ogre. Plus it was the size of a small house. I definitely wasn't going to fight that." Indigo shuddered at the very thought of trying to fight the likes of that weird aberration, much less sink her teeth into it, whatever the heck it was. "To this day, I still have no clue as to what it was. Maybe some hunters did away with it. If so, good riddance I say."

It also had taken its sweet time to leave the area, as Indigo had to hide in those bushes for over an hour, waiting for the beast to move on somewhere else. It had to have been one of the most boring times in her life, as well as utterly nerve-wracking, being that she had many times nearly let down her guard in her impatience then. "As to why it decided to eat my clothes, I'll never know. And I still have yet to replace the outfit it did eat!"

Her skin had already begun to dry, but her hair was still a soggy mess. Indigo touched her necklace thoughtfully as she waited out the mini-storm. After several more minutes, it seemed to show signs of letting up, and boy was she ever glad about that. Besides as much as she didn't mind traipsing around in the nude, it also made her feel more vulnerable too. She would be glad to get back to her makeshift hut made out of twigs, grass and vines. Plus she also felt the need to pee.

Tags: