Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Welcome to the Grand Tournament! [Ethereal-Star, Jackiecat, Aura]

Started by Jounin64, August 31, 2015, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Evangeline enters with the rest, standing by the fae like woman and the armored clad man who were in the initial group. Bahn had made sure to tag along right behind her.

They were in a large room and from the other side was an archway leading into the center of the arena. "Well it looks like we'll have to fight after all." Evangeline casually mutters.

"Welcome everyone to the 73rd annual Grand Tournament!" A woman with full on pitch black heavy armor yells seemingly able to project her voice through a rune as she resides on the balcony. Her helmet covered her face so it was impossible to read her expressions.

"As you may know I am the Guardian of the Games Matilda Deathclaw." A roar went through the crowd, which was mysteriously simultaneous. "And this year we have brought you some of Le'raana's best fighters!" Another simultaneous cheer rippled through the arena. 

JackieCat

Kinn's eyes widened as they entered the arena, but he raised his eyebrows, unimpressed, as the woman spoke. "Seriously?" he muttered. "I bit theatrical."

He raised his eyebrows again as she said 'some of Le'raana's best fighters', indeed, Kinn was a considerable fighting mage, but he wasn't one of the best.  He looked around the arena, there was obviously magic happening here, he could sense is.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

It was as Nemeril was glancing at the audience that she noticed something strange about them. Her vision was superior to that of a human so she could immediately tell that something was off about them, like they weren't entirely there or something. Their faces and bodies seemed to shimmer in and out of reality as though they were ghosts or apparitions of some sort. Perhaps some kind of illusion magic? Blinking once, they all disappeared before reappearing once more. Now Nemeril was certain that magical forces were at work here. It had to be pretty strong though since as a half-fairy, Nemeril was even fooled for a little while. Her elven half was no slouch at detecting such magics either, but her fey half was far more attuned to such things.

Once more the crowd vanished, leaving an empty expanse of space as even the seats disappeared as well. Nemeril turned to her nearest companion, which happened to be the Serenian mage with the violet-colored eyes and silver robes.

"I think the crowd is merely an illusion. They keep disappearing and reappearing."

JackieCat

"A agree," Kinn said. "This whole thing is some sort of trick.  Hmmm. . .  I don't know, but something is definitely up."

He inspected the crowds, and, as a mage, he could see some of what Nemeril could, though not as clearly.  He wondered what the purpose of this whole thing was.  Was it for amusement for some being?  Or perhaps it was to choose one of them to go on a quest or something.  Kinn didn't know, but he wanted to find out.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

Matilda let the crowd die down before speaking. "Now let me present to you the preliminary round set up!" A giant sheet of stone arose in the edge of the arena directly under Matilda's balcony. The sheet had all the match ups painted on it and Evangeline would be the second up.

The first fight was between a person named Kinn Dice and someone named Galdwin Clockpeg. A gnome with a thick white beard and a pack of artificer like materials on their back stepped out. Evangeline didn't pay attention to the other opponent, because all she could think of was who Bahn had to face, a woman named Nemeril.

Ethereal-Star

The archer turned her attention from the not exactly there crowd back to the announcer. A large block of stone had risen up underneath the balcony where the woman stood which had all the contestants' names painted on them and who would be up against who. While Nemeril liked to compete, she was unsure about the nature of this type of tournament and whether anyone would actually be harmed or not. That was what worried her. Supposedly she was to fight someone named Bahn, and she remembered hearing that name earlier from when she had first woken up on this strange island. While Nemeril wanted to do her best, she also didn't want to kill anyone either. Therein lay the dilemma. She could only hope that certain safeguards had been put into place by their unknown hosts.

She was to be up after the mage Kinn competed against a gnome artificer of some sort. Nemeril could see that the white-haired gnome possessed a few grenades in his arsenal and she even spotted a small handgun that he wielded with great pride. Swords were one thing, but guns were quite another, even if the fairy/elf didn't know much about the latter. She just knew they had excellent range and far more superior killing power than most ranged weapons did.

Turning to the purple-eyed mage by her side, Nemeril wished him good luck. "Fare thee well, and best of luck to you." she said to him, giving his arm a gentle squeeze to emphasize her point.

JackieCat

Kinn took a deep breath as he saw the names, who would have to fight who.  The mage looked over at the gnome he would have to fight and bit his lip.  The stout being looked tough, and he had several grenades and even a gun.  Kinn knew somewhat about guns and the like, and he knew how to defend against him, but the mage wouldn't have wanted to fight anyone, guns or no.  There had to be a way out of this, there always was an alternative to fighting, at least in Kinn's experience.  Maybe this time he would have to fight, but he still wouldn't give up, he would find a way not to fight.

He nodded at the fey woman next to him as she wished him luck. "To you as well," he replied, but his mind was still on a way to get out of here.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

While Kinn got ready, Galdwin had been polishing his weapons. Not that he needed to, but it was more of a sign of disrespect. Matilda then booms through the arena.

"All current fighters must be in the battle zone by the next minute, or they will face a premature end! Believe me it isn't pretty!"

Evangeline just watches on coldly. She knows that this is twisted, but the life of a soldier is too. Besides nothing could be any more twisted than her death.

Ethereal-Star

At that most recent announcement, Nemeril frowned. Now she knew that this would likely be a fight to the death, as most ethical tournaments did not express such grim rules in which to follow. Not to mention the fact that none of them were exactly here on their own accord further pointed this out.

Looking up, Nemeril caught a glimpse of something from the corner of her eye and glanced over in that direction. A strange weather-worn face at the window of the high tower greeted her vision for all of one second before it vanished just as quickly as it had appeared behind thick drapes of green. Nemeril suspected this was the one pulling all the strings here. But at the moment she could not voice this to her companions, and so she simply stepped forward as instructed to, while gripping her bow firmly in hand, checking her supply of arrows once more. Her blade was sheathed at her side as well, and she patted it once before looking around at the others with a nod.

JackieCat

Kinn stepped forward, and so did the gnome, but Kinn raised his hands in a gesture of peace. "Why is this happening?" he asked.  He didn't expect this to work, but he may as well try.

This was probably some powerful being's idea of fun, to watch others fight to the death in its arena.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Galdwin eventually looks up to acknowledge Kinn. "Don't know, don't care. But didn't ya hear? There's a prize of five million gold at stake. Do you know how much high quality materials I can get with that much money? I'll be the most famed inventor history ever knew?"

Keeping a tailored grin perfectly aligned, Matilda throws her hands into the air and shouts. "Let the first round begin in three...two...one...fight!"

JackieCat

"You would kill for money?" Kinn asked, trying to keep himself from freaking out.  "I mean, seriously?" his voice involuntarily rose in pitch, but he controlled himself.

"Why fight for someone else's pleasure?" he lowered his voice, but he assumed that if whatever was holding them was strong enough to bring them here, then it could hear him as well, but it was worth a shot.  "Let's try to get out of here!"

Even if their captor couldn't hear, Kinn doubted the gnome would listen to him, so he was ready to preform a spell if he needed to, though he hoped it wouldn't come to the fight their captor still clearly wanted.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor