Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What's going on? (Whim!)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, September 17, 2015, 09:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

All was quiet, the simple sound of hooves moving across the dirt. There was the occasional sound of creaking wood from the carriage attached to the horses. All seemed normal with the massive thing,except for how large the back was, however it was hard to see who or what was in the inside because there were no windows accept for a barred window towards the very top of the box. This was very clearly some kind of cage or mobile cell to hold the captured. The cage held two people: Bovil, and a stranger. On Bovil it was clear that he had been subjected to darts because of the needle holes on his hide. However, the massive centaur was out cold on the cold floor of the cage as the wagon shook and bounced occasionally.

After a few more minutes of silence, Bovil's eyes fluttered opened as he tried to stand. Not only did he fail at standing up because of the dart's effect, but was also chained by his hooves. Bovil quickly tried to pull himself free of his restraints, but was too weak to do anything more than twist and wiggle as he attempted to get free from his restraints. No luck, Bovil turned to face the stranger and saw that he was also chained by his legs to the cage. Bovil tried to move closer but settled for leaning in "Wake up....do you remember what happened? Everything's a bit of a blur at the moment" Bovil said as he waited for some kind of response from the other person.

Whim

Ellis stirred and stretched with a soft moan. He was lying uncomfortably on the floor of a dark and creeking room. It was bumpy, too; a wagon? How did he get here? Last the young man remembered he was in Essryn buying Kishahni razorweed. He cast a spell to make himself an eagle for the return-trip. Memories flooded back: of flying, of landing to trade with tribesmen, and of raiders with nets. That's where it went black.

Now an enormous animalistic shape loomed over from the shadows. With a gasp Ellis scurried back and away from the centaur, until the shackle chafed his leg. "Shit! Oh. you're a centaur," he grew calmer, knowing his wagon-mate was at least a sapient. "I was trading some some herdsmen and a net came over me.

"I think we've been captured," he said in a small voice. The two were naked and shackled; what else could it mean? Serha was rife with slaver-warlords. "I'm Ellis."

Covering himself for modesty's sake, Ellis began exploring his prison as much as the shackles would allow. The wagon was equipped with little more than straw, some. At least four raiders were visible through the slatted windows of the cage. They appeared to be moving through farmland .  shackles, and a water basin.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil was glad that he managed to wake up his fellow prisoner, but realized that they had stripped him of his clothing and quickly turned his head the other way in order to keep himself from seeing anything. Clothing wasn't a big deal for Bovil in this form, but it was clear that this person wasn't another centaur. Bovil looked around, still trying to avoid eye contact with the man. He heard the man introduce himself. "I'm Bovil," he said as he continued to look around "I'm going to have to agree with you Ellis was it? This is horrible, do you have any idea as to where we're headed?"