Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The solid chains, the invisable scars (M) (Coma!~)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, September 22, 2015, 01:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz, whom for the first time since being seperated from her mother slept peacefully, awoke slowly. Despite that the bed was the best she had ever slept in, she was not used to it and soon she found herself still in a half dreamlike state asking for her mother. Although in less despair then perhaps was expected.

Remarkably though when she was awake enough and her eyes open far enough to see in the dark room, she saw Kaison. But did not panic. He gave off the same vibe as his father did. and Coma already had said he would not always be around.

So instead she offered Kaison a tired smile. ''Hello..'' she said softly

Coma

**Kaison tensed as it became obvious that the girl was beginning to awaken - she spoke a little as her slumbering mind jolted itself back into reality; but quite what she said remained a mystery to him.  Despite his father occasionally complaining that Kaison refused to educate himself in other languages, the young Djinn steadfastly refused to learn anything more than his own native tongue - and even then, he barely spoke at all.**

**As the girl opened her eyes and found him by the window, there was a startled, bewildered expression - something that he had no doubt his father and sister would find amusing should they have seen.  For a brief second, he glanced around him; pushing shoulder-length strands of dark hair back and letting his thoughtful gaze to find the floor for a moment... surely his father wouldn't be too long...**

**The silence was uncomfortable, though - and he feared that his complete refusal to talk would upset Lizz and so, with an almost exasperated sigh, he shook his head and spoke.  His voice was timid, not quite as deep as his father's... but there was a much thicker accent to his words, something that seemed to coat every single syllable and hang ominously and tangibly on every word.  Only a handful of words were given - but they were incomprehensible, in an impossibly rapid, complex language that would be entirely alien to this world.**

**There was a gentle shrug of those youthful shoulders, only the very beginnings of a timid smile across those thin lips.  It was hoped that Lizz would understand that, just as she likely couldn't understand a single thing he said; he was in much the same position.  Truthfully, if Coma had thought that the girl would awaken, he would likely have asked his daughter, Aradia, to watch Lizz... but at least he had kept his promise of leaving someone with her - even if his choice couldn't speak the same language as her.**

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz looked at Kaison briefly. His smile was not of the mean kind which was enough comfort for her already.

Instead of repeating herself she just waved for a short moment. Waving meant hello as well after all. Cuddling back up in the blankets which were warm and soft unlike she had ever felt before, she sat down with her legs over the edge. Her feet barely reached the ground and she looked at Kaison for a moment petting on the bed beside her inviting him to sit with her.

Coma

**There was still that look of startled apprehension and vague, lingering panic from the young demon - he had never been one to associate with anyone outside his race; let alone a frightened young child.  Yet, she was surprisingly composed in his presence.  His father had told him only very briefly about the girl and where she had originally come from... and Kaison hadn't yet worked out exactly why Coma had been so intent on rescuing her.  In his experience, Coma usually remained coldly about the problems faced by other realms and the inhabitants therein...**

**The child gave an endearing little wave from her place sitting on her bed still contently cocooned by her blankets, before patting the mattress beside her.    There was a noticeable moment of hesitation before he took a few steps toward her; cautiously keeping his distance still; but kindly lowering himself to one knee to make himself less intimidating to her.**

**Kaison had no wish to peer into this child's mind and realise the horrors that she had been through - to obtain his father's assistance, it likely had to be quite a substantial amount of heartache.  Given it had been discovered that they didn't speak the same language as one another, Kaison went comfortably back to silence; allowing the girl to simply stare at him or to go back to sleep.**

**From downstairs, there was the sound of the heavy front door opening, he assumed spelling the arrival of the Landlord and his father.  His head turned very slightly toward the sound, his mind automatically drifting out to gently reach out and try to detect his father's presence... the calm look faded very slightly.  Something... just felt wrong...**

SilmeriaElemred

As soon as the door opened and the dogs did not see their master they started to bark loud and aggressive, causing Lizz who was so calm before place her hands over her ears and panic. She did not scream loud though but it was no secret she was frightened. She could not bare loud sounds.

A deep female voice sounded and the dogs went quiet. Despite being welltrained guard dogs, they backed off slowly with their tails between their legs.

With a slam the door shut once more and a simple spell was cast to make sure the door could not be opened as easily as usual. Not with the key, neither easily with the magic from the realm she came from.

The woman was hooded and her cloak reached the ground and was adorned with very large dragonfly wings. Her clothes existing out of a black skirt made of very fine but thin, almost see through material and revealed one leg which had many  elegant tattoos shaped like thin vines with flowers. One flower for every soul she claimed. Her top exposed the size of her bossom but concealed what had to be concealed well enough.

Her thick but healthy hair in a braid over one of her shoulders.

''Still primitive... fortunatly. Would be bad for business otherwise.'' she purred before heading up the stairs.

Coma

**The poor child was understandably frightened by the reaction of the dogs; there was a new feeling of threat and danger on the air... something painfully familiar, dreadfully tangible and laced with malevolence.  Kaison allowed slender fingers to brush gently along the girl's shoulder, a comforting gesture before he lifted himself back to his full 7ft height and turned towards the door.**

**The dogs, by now, had stopped their barking; there was the very faint sound of a frightened whimper and Kaison instinctively knew that the animals had retreated away from the intruder.  The voice that demanded the dogs to silence was female, the tone sinister and confident.**

**Kaison could easily tell it was likely one of his kind... but there was no way of telling exactly what her business was here.  Kaison was no physical fighter and held very little magical ability - all his talents lay in his potent psychic powers; therefore there was a degree of apprenhension from the young Djinn.  Psychics, in his kind, often kept their distance from confrontations; using their talents to attack from afar, if they needed to defend themselves.**

**The footsteps were on the stairs now, fast-approaching Lizz's room.  There was a glance back to the girl with intense ebony eyes - it would have been ideal for her to hide away somewhere and keep out of whatever was to occur.  Given the language restriction between them prevented this course of action, he instead protectively planted himself between Lizz and the door, tensing as the door began to open...**

SilmeriaElemred

Anyone else who spent their night in the inn did not seem to wake. Maybe not thinking anything behind the dogs barking or they drank so much they just slept through it.

The door opened with ease and the woman entered. She noticed Kaison first. ''Figured she would not be alone.'' she spoke coldly in their native tongue. ''I was looking for your old man after he took out my eldest daughter but... after hearing he took a little girl under his guard I just had to come and see.''

Lizz had hidden herself under the blackets instinctivly but after a wave of the woman's hand the blanket flew off the bed revealing the little girl.

Lizz was even to terrified to scream and the woman rose an eyebrow. ''So that's it? A little sack of bones? I had expected something else but you are not worth messing with. Not yet.''

Lizz did not understand a single word of the strange language but the woman gave off a very dangerous vibe.

''Or maybe a little... I do wonder what her soul tastes like.'' she summoned a knife and threw it up in the air a few times.

''Tell me little girl.'' the woman spoke in common. ''What is your name?''

''L-L-Lizz..'' Lizzbeth replied trembling.

''That won't do... your full name. You do not want me to write dear little Kaison's now do you.'' she asked calmly. Very few people knew how she worked. But she required knowing a person's full name before she could use her power which was in her case, the control of minds. Those whom were to weak to resist the offer of their grandest wish, being it the annihalation of an entire family or even a race till a stuffed animal would have their wish granted and their body would be carved. And this Djinn, was very quick in collecting the souls by devouring it with body alltogether.
Not to mention she was an excellent spellcaster and fighter. Although she rarely made her own hands dirty.

Coma

**It was something of a relief that no one else in the building was drawn by the sound of the intruder entering or the dogs.  It was best that they keep their distance; especially considering that the woman was a demon rather than anything mortal.**

**There was a a moment of silence from the young psychic as the other Djinn entered.  As she spoke, thankfully in their own bewildering language, he remained quiet and contemplative; the expression across those handsome, youthful features unreadable.  Kaison was an extremely talented young Djinn when it came to his psychic abilities - but just as dangerous was that razor-sharp, quick-fire intellect that remained gently simmering, just beneath the surface.  As the other demon spoke of his father killing one of her family, Kaison gave a minuscule smile and a vague shrug of those armoured shoulders.**

"My father kills many traitors on the order of our ruler."

**These words were delivered in that same complex language, his voice thick with the accent of the mainland of their realm.  There was the obvious suggestion to what he said - that this demon's family were treacherous and deserving of such misfortune.  Such words would likely round the female's fury from the girl, onto him - and that was fuly the intention.**

**Kaison could feel Lizz's terror, turning his head very slightly to ensure she was all right; before turning his attention back to the woman, watching her as she summoned the little blade and casually toyed with it.  Kaison didn't favour weapons, considering them disadvantageous to his psychic abilities.  However, his father did insist that he carry a dagger - a beautiful, ornate weapon with an obsidian blade.  However, this weapon remained hidden away, out of sight.**

**The female began to speak to Lizz - returning to the language that was utterly alien to him.  Kaison turned his ebony gaze back to the child, shaking his head and lifting a finger up to his lips; an utterly universal gesture that needed no language - an encouragement for the child not to talk to the other.**

**He turned those serene eyes back to the other demon, keeping himself between the woman and the child.  If she thought that the little girl was going to be an easy victim, she was very much mistaken.  A curious eyebrow lifted and a question was issued with an uncharacteristic taunting tone to his voice - another attempt to bravely round the negative attention back to himself.**

"I assume you are not brave enough to take your complaints to the ruler of our kind?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Fawn had no trial. She was just about to feed. Everyone must do that when they are hungry.'' Erianthe replied and threw the knife towards Lizz only to stop it mere inches in front of the girls face.

Lizz had covered her mouth with her hands but it did not block out her frightened shriek as the dagger came her way only to stop way to close to her face.

''I for one am hungry too but somehow... humans taste so... empty. One just won't do. They are never satisfied themselves even. Selfish little useless creatures. Also I am brave enough to tell my complaints to your old man. I had expected him to be here but had you instead. Don't worry though I have no intention of eating the kid. I bet her little soul and body will not even fill me for day and be nothing but a rosebud.''

It was then though she tilted her head aside as the dagger had come flying her way and made an undeep cut in Erianthe's cheek. Lizz had taken the floating dagger from the air and threw it back.

''L-leave... I do not want you here...'' she trembled.

''How cute... the rosebud has thorns.'' The female Djinn replied before turning to human tongue again.

''Do not worry Lizz, just grow a little order, make a wish and maybe, just maybe you'll surpass my expectations regarding how you taste.''

Coma

"All must abide by the rules set in regards to feeding.  Your daughter should have known that."

**Yes, there were rules to follow - orchestrated to offer some degree of secrecy to their race.  After all, there would be little benefit of feeding mindlessly with no sense of decorum or tact.  True, Djinn were very powerful creatures - but hunting their food sources to extinction would do little for their own future and only bring about internal wars and fighting.**

**There was an automatic tension of muscle as the knife flew at Lizz, stopping just shy of her.  Yet, it did cause a dangerous flash to appear across the young Djinn's eyes and a low growl under his breath.  He listened as the other demon ranted about humans; giving an irritated shake of his head as he did.  This woman was very... wrapped up in her own problems, unable to see anything but her own viewpoint and her own problems.**

"As I thought.  You are not brave enough to avenge your daughter by facing the one who ordered her death?"

**The girl took him by surprise before he could continue, the knife flying back at Erianthe and the gutsy little child snapping an order back at the demon for her to leave.  Still... the girl had issued an attack now... and if this woman was similar to many of their kind, she would now be quite permitted to retaliate...**

**Before such an attack could be undertaken, the shadows nearest the window began to bubble and pulsate... Kaison turned his dark gaze to the writhing darkness and watched as his father materialised.  It was no real surprise that Coma had returned in this way if the door downstairs had eluded him.  He had doubtless left the landlord to battle with it and decided shadow-walking was the best course of action.  Unfortunately for Erianthe, his presence did mean she was now outnumbered.  He remained as coldly professional as ever - having the family of past victims take grudges against him was not something that was wholly unfamiliar to him.**

**His arms remained close to his side; but did not approach the dangerous hilt of the ebony sword hidden there - he had no orders to harm Erianthe and so would not attack her until she decided to start the fight...**

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahh there you are.'' Erianthe said in a tone as if she had been waiting for ages. ''Also dear, dear Kaison. How can I confront the ones who ordered it if I do not know from which side the order came from. But seeing as your father is here... you may want to tend to little Lizz though... I think she wet the bed.''

''Hello Coma, long time no see. Adopted a human kid I see? I'm rather suprised.''

Coma

**Coma only studied Erianthe as she spoke, that obsidian gaze unmoving and unblinking; just as if he were on a kill.  He gave no greeting to his son or to the child - an air of cool, deadly professionalism and focus attached to him.  This callous drive would have been the last thing that her daughter was aware of... and it was without a doubt intimidating.**

**Kaison spoke, not for the first time grateful that he had shunned the assassin profession to instead focus on his own path.  There was confusion on the young Djinn's voice, though... was this woman even from their chain of the race?  After all, he was aware of other races that could also be called Djinn... but they did not share their realm...**

"The order would have come from Rumour... our leader.  He is the only one to issue such requests to any of the assassins."

**If anything, Erianthe was lucky that it was Coma that had disposed of her daughter rather than one of the other assassins.  Coma was mercifully quick and aimed to strike at his targets before they were aware of anything more than the chilled focus to the air.  The other assassins could be exceptionally bloodthirsty and aggressive; often tracking their targets unseen for days, before finding the perfect moment to strike and doing their utmost to draw out and elongate their lingering demises.**

**Kaison ignored Erianthe's comments about Lizz - even had she become so frightened as to wet herself; it would come as no surprise and was fully expected of a young child.  Instead, he kept himself between Erianthe and Lizz; turning his back fully now that his father was here to ensure Erianthe did not attack him and giving the child that same gentle, calming smile.**

**Once Erianthe properly greeted him, Coma moved; silently seeming to drift to take his son's side - it would not be advisable for Erianthe to do anything to harm Kaison in Coma's presence.  A Djinn's protectiveness for their offspring was infamous - and any attack towards his son would see her become painfully well-acquainted with either the sword or else those dreadful vampire fangs.**

**Coma did grant her something he gave to few that sought him out for vengeance over a dead relative - he allowed her the opportunity to ask what she wanted.  He believed he could recollect this woman's daughter...**

"Human children seem to be more obedient than I remember them being.  If you have a question in regards to your daughter, ask it."

SilmeriaElemred

Erianthe was not stupid. Despite she was old and strong and could summon allies in her own way she had different things in mind.

''I have a question indeed despite it should be for Rumour. But Fawn killed and fed on small villages before. Some even larger then the one she was last at so I was curious why it was decided thistime. Just like me she absorbs her prey completely. Body and soul. No surviving villagers, means no witnesses. Simple as that. Or was it that she messed up somewhere.''

Coma

**It was confusing that the woman dared not ask her question of the leader of their race; but perhaps unsurprising.  Rumour was a force to be reckoned with – brilliantly intelligent and contemplative with abilities that had remained a secret since his creation.  All knew that it was best to leave him to his own devices and not trouble him with minor issues.**

**As cold as it seemed, the death of her daughter was one such issue that the Elder Djinn would casually brush aside and disregard.  It was not the place of even the girl's mother to question Rumour's motives: the girl's death had been ordered and an assassin had dutifully carried out the command.**

**Unbeknownst to many in the realm, Coma could trace his family straight back to Rumour – albeit distantly, Coma belonged to the same regal chain as the powerful Elder Demon.  From his ancestor, Coma seemed to have inherited tiny aspects - not least his stoic, quiet nature and his unshakeable moral ground.  True, Rumour maintained a great deal more of his inherently demonic nature... hence issuing the order to kill gave the Leader no grounds for concern.**

**Coma allowed a little shake of his head, his arms still loose at his side.  Yes, he remembered this girl quite well.  Warnings had been issued to her several times in regards to her manner of feeding – and, before long, Erianthe would likely receive similar messages should her methods put their kind at risk of discovery.  There were rules... and Rumour utterly hated it when they were disregarded.  For such an ancient race, Djinn could be incredibly bureaucratic...**

"She refused to listen when told.  You did not teach her how to kill discretely?  Then her death lies with you more than it does with me."

**After all, how would it look for previously bustling little villages to suddenly become tiny ghost towns, utterly devoid of life?  Just because there were no witnesses didn't mean that suspicions couldn't flare and the culprits be pinned back to supernatural causes.  In this world, vampires often worked under such confines – desperately concealing their own natures and preventing themselves from being ousted.  For Djinn, it was more difficult – unlike taking the blood of a victim, stealing the soul always resulted in death.  It was unusual for a Djinn to feed on anything more than the soul – but that just led to the girl's death being even more essential in the long run...**

SilmeriaElemred

''Dont blame me, it was her father who raised her mostly. Oh well.'' Erianthe took the dagger, toyed with it a little longer before she made it vanish. ''I got what I came for for now. Enjoy the rest of your evening.'' she said with a polite bow and vanished in a cloud of bleeding rosepetals. With her leave the spell lifted too allowing the owner to actually enter the place again.

Lizzbeth remained silent though, still trembling.

Coma

**There was an incredulous look from the Shadow Djinn as Erianthe responded to his accusatory tone and, with a final retort, took her leave of the room with a blast of magic.  She... had definitely been an unusual one, as far as their kind went... but at least she wasn't nearly the worst he had met.  There were those who wouldn't take the answers they were offered and would instead make it their life goal to become as annoying as possible to the assassin that caused the death of their kin.**

**Coma truly hated those that took that path – for those stubborn or talented enough, they could make his working life a living nightmare and cause a simple assassination mission to become entirely unbearable and complicated.  Those that became too troublesome often caused him requesting the order to kill shifting from his original target to them...**

**For now, though, his ebony gaze turned to the child still cowering on the bed.  Kaison had remained steadfastly in front of her in an attempt to offer her some protection during this frightening, tense encounter... although it likely had provided precious little comfort to the girl herself.  Coma allowed a grateful nod to his son, before speaking to Lizz in her own language; his tone clipped, but unbothered by what had just occurred.**

"Go back to sleep."

**Easier said than done, perhaps... but what else could he offer her?**

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz looked at Coma briefly before nodding quietly. She got out of bed though, trembling still as she took the covers from the bed; Erianthe was right. She had wet the bed. She folded it up placing it in a washing basket near the door, adding her underwear as well and took a new cover from one of the wardropes which she found after opening a few.

Even then she did not yet return. The blankets were still on the ground and she placed those back on the bed before walking to Kaison briefly hugging him, whispering thank you and an apolagy before she hugged Coma as well but was less eager to let go. ''Can I cry now?..'' she asked quietly

Coma

**Kaison turned his gaze to the child as she quietly left the bed; even after his father had ordered her to go back to sleep.  There was a glance to Coma as the girl tidied up after herself and collected the blankets from the floor.  It was quite amazing that, even after her dreadful experience, she was still obedient and passive...**

**Coma watched as the girl hugged his son, very briefly amused by the startled look on the young psychic's face.  Still, Kaison managed to react well enough – gently patting the girl's shoulder and turning those deep black eyes away from her as she spoke to Coma; quietly asking him for permission to weep.**

**Commendably, Coma managed to prevent himself from snapping at the girl... it remained insane to him that the child would ask such a thing... his voice was quiet, a few rapid words in his own baffling language to Kaison resulted in the younger demon to nod and vanish in a flash of ebony...**

"Why would you need to ask such a thing?  Do as you will... however, you are safe now... is there a need?"

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz watched Kaison leave and looked at Coma. ''...people always cry after something bad had happened. It reliefs them a bit.'' she admitted. ''My master never permitted me to cry. He would hit me if I did not ask. I'm sorry...'' she muttered before letting go of him and rubbed her eyes.

She still felt fearful to cry and figured Coma would not be all to happy if she did so she  swallowed her tears instead and walked to the bed to return to sleep like he had asked her to.

''Who was that mean old lady?'' she asked softly.

Coma

**Of course, the more Coma heard of her old master... the more he found himself completely despising him.  It was only a shame that he hadn't killed the man straight away.  He allowed a sigh, lifting his ebony eyes away from the girl.  Again, his parental experience didn't actually stretch to dealing with a traumatised child of a different race to his own.  He managed to force himself to calm very slightly – his shadowy gaze drifting calmly back to the youngster, his tone no longer seething with annoyance.**

"I killed her daughter, apparently."

**His gentler tone made the factual suddenness of his statement inadvertently even darker than he intended.  It was work to him, though... a matter of course.  No more unusual than a blacksmith or a carpenter talking about their own working life...**

**He settled himself near the window, resigning himself to watching over the child overnight – no doubt she wouldn't be comfortable being alone in the room now...**

"Do you want me to stay?"