Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bookstore chronicles [M]

Started by Medievarad, September 23, 2015, 09:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

She smiled gently, managing to clear most of the perverted thoughts from her mind. "Now. The store isn't a place to eat.. A lack of chairs and such. " She said with a gentle chuckle, gesturing for her to follow her next to the counter, through a door. Revealing a small room with a table and several chairs. A staircase to their left.

"I'm not the most picky, no worries." A warm smirk formed on her lips. "But do take a seat." She said as she took some plates from the cupboard, followed by some utensils and placing them down on the table, sitting down aswell. "Not that I can recall, no. Sorry."

SilmeriaElemred

''Well not many leave the safety that home provides.'' Elle said and unpacked the bags. She had indeed walked very carefully the whole way to make sure everything was still intact and did not spill. There was a bottle of cherry mead, a small bowl containing two portions of vegetable soup, fresh still warm honey oat bread, and various toppings. Suprisingly though, there was no meat or anything that contained meat for Moonelves were strict vegetarians. Baked potatoes with onion and mushroom, and some roasted vegetables with a risotto, cheese and herb filling. It were a lot of different things but the portions were not to big.

There was some kind of chocolate custard though in a pastry, lemon cookies, and small pieces of spice carrot cake.

''I did forgot to ask wether you wanted meat in particular. My kin of moonelves do not eat any form of meat or wear anything leather or suede.''

Medievarad

"Hm? Understandable." She said, arching an eyebrow at the variety of food placed on the table. She had expected a simple dinner that would just statisfy her hunger. Yet, what was put on the table was a variety of delicious foods. And a bottle of mead. "I'll leave the.. Distribution to you." She said with a soft smile, unsure what she was allowed to take.

"Ah. I see. Well, I'm not a vegeterian, but I also wouldn't miss it.." She nodded to the moon elf.

SilmeriaElemred

Elle nodded.

The soup was poured into two provided bowls and from the baked potatoes and roasted vegetables she put some on each plate. The cookies, carrot cake and pastry though were placed upon the paper bag however for dessert.

As final she poured in the mead.

''There we go.'' she said calmly with a smile. There was still a little bit of the potatoes and vegetables left but then again, Elle also did not put the plates very full either.

Elle sat down and moved her braid aside. ''I should cut my hair.'' she said with a chuckle. ''Most women in the village I originate from have long hair like I have but here, it is a lot shorter.''

Medievarad

She smiled as she sat down, waiting for Elle to do the same. "So. A priestess and a healer is what you said?" She asked for the confirmation about her profession, still keeping the same warm smile up. "And.. What deity is it you pray to? Or wich dieties?" She asked, genuinly interested. "If you don't mind me asking.."

She didn't really know much about moon elves, heard that there was a race of those, but she never met one in the flesh. Elusive elves, so it seems.

SilmeriaElemred

''Oh please you can ask me anything.'' Elle said quickly. Then thought for a moment how she had to phrase it.

''We have two main deities. Solos, a Sun god and the Father of Moonelves. And Lunaria, who is the Mother of my kin.'' she took a bit of soup before she elaborated all of this.

Solos and Lunaria, one of the many Gods of the Sun and Moon, are lovers. However. Their every attempt to conceive a child in the few times they could be with one another, were unsuccesful. So instead, Solos and Lunaria offered their blessing to elves who asked and prayed for children. Those who were blessed, gave birth to our so called Firstborn. Regardless of physical traits such as hair, skin and eyecolor, the women born had dark hair, creme till chatelle skincolor and their eye colors blue and purple. Light and dark shades. Men on the other hand, had white blonde till golden hair. Eyecolor for men were blue, green or golden shades. Using the stars as guidance, the Firstborn met one another and settled down. My story does not do the real longer version any justice but that is basicly it.''

She paused briefly. ''And as for my profession, yes. I am an apprentise priestess. And actively use my healing skills to aid those in need.''

Medievarad

She nodded with a gentle smile, starting to eat aswell. Still nodding attentivly as Elle explained the workings of her religion. The gods and their names. It seemed like a tragic story. Two lovers unable to reach eachother's embrace. "I see. Quite intriuiging." She said after swallowing sole of the food down.

"You asked if I saw others of your kin. But, it's rare for your race to travel, isn't it? So, where do you hail from and why are you a wanderer?" She asked with the same soft smile, politely eating. Ameterasy had the manners of a noble. The graceful movements. She really had an air of nobility surrounding her.

SilmeriaElemred

''True. My kin rarely travels. We are non violent people. Does not mean we can not fight but... we avoid it. We rarely kill. We live in the woods of Serendipity not to far off from Adela. The forest that surrounds or home is enchanted with illusion and protection magic magic however. Not a lot of people know we live there. The people with bad intentions can not find us because of that.'' she had finished her soup and started on one of the roasted vegetables. Her eating manners were not bad but Ameterasu was a little bit more fluent with it.

''As for me... I just wanted to gather up knowledge. Not just for me but also for the others of my kin. Living so secluded means as well we know little of the world beyond our own borders. I gathered maps, books of each country's history, medicine recipes, but also folklore and fairy tales.''

Medievarad

"I see.. So. Peace is of importance?" She asked, nodding slowly. "And there'll always be people with bad intentions." She said, with a mildly empathetic sigh. It was a true fact. Some people just wanted to see the world burn. Everything destroyed in their wake. Some people loved to be feared, but she shrugged it off. There was no interest in dwelling on the past.

"Hm. So, maybe you should also be called a loreseeker?" She asked with a gentle chuckle. "Do you have lots of.. Magicians? In those woods?"

SilmeriaElemred

''We have our racial skills.'' Elle said calmly. ''Illusion magic and healing wounds belong to my kin most common. Healing however unless very well trained and especially severe wounds does have negative side effects for us. Variating from nosebleeds, fainting or even blacking out. A feeling of weakness and vunerability often follows if wounds are to great and we wish to heal them to quickly while actually not having the energy to do so.''

''There are some who can communicate with horses and, or wolves. A few even so well they can instantly tame them. Last but not least, mental magic. We can, if we want destroy a persons mind completely. Some of us anyway. I am one of those lucky ones. Other then wrecking it we can also mend it.''

''And on occasion some get other magic traits as well. Elemental magic and nature magic being the most common.''

Medievarad

"Ah. Intruiging. Maybe I should have you stick around.. Never hurts to have a healer around.." She chuckled gently. Though it did hurt to have someone as pretty as her around. She wouldn't be able to control herself for long.  Something Ameterasu would regret. Unless she succeeded in seducing the moon elf.

She cleared the thougvts of her head, giving the moon elf another gentle smile as she proceeded eating. "Sounds dangerous.." She chuckled slightly. "Both for yourself and the recieving end."  She nodded slowly.

SilmeriaElemred

''Only severe and life threatning wounds are. Sure it is still affecting me. But the more I practise the better it goes. Of course I never wish for people to be severely injured so I can practise but... especially my brief time in Arca I got to practise a bit.'' Elle did not go into detail though.

''But enough about me. What about you. Have you always lived here? Any hobbies? A special person in your life?''

Medievarad

She took a piece of bread, nodding slowly. It was pretty clear what had happened in Arca was something that the elf rather did not speak about. That much was obvious. So she wouldn't push her to talk about this. She didn't want to put Elle on the spot and make her feel bad.

"Me? Well. I have been living here since I can remember, I opened the store several years ago." She smiled gently. "I love reading and I have a small garden in the back. I also enjoy reading, if that wasn't obvious." She said with a slow chuckle. "I also like my job. Both as a store owner and a tutor." She tutted her lips slightly. "I've never known my father.. My mother passed away when I was six. At the moment, not really anyone special."

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm sorry to hear that.'' Elle said. She seemed a little saddened. ''I lost my mother and father about a year ago. They were poisoned by a plant that grows in the woods.'' she paused briefly.

''A garden huh? I'd love to see it if it alright? At home I have my own little orchard. And garden where I grow herbs and plants to make tea from. I asked a friend of mine to look after it for during my abscense. I did still have some dried herbs from home so if you like I could brew you some. Not tonight though, it's in my room at the inn I'm staying.''

Medievarad

"It was a long time ago." She said with a soft smile, before she leaned over, grabbing Elle's hands with a soft gesture. "Yet. I am sorry to hear from yours." She said, gently squeezing Elle's hands in means of comfort. Lingering for a moment, her captivating, golden eyes staring into Elle's.

She let go of Elle's hands slowly. Starting to eat again. "Ofcourse you may.. But mayhaps finish dinner first?" She smirked softly. "And I would love that." She answered to the offer of a homebrewn cup of tea.

SilmeriaElemred

Elle chuckled. ''Yes. Let's finish dinner first.'' she said with a smile. She aprpeciated Ameterasu's words though. The grief was not as much as it used to be but surely lingered a little. Serpent vine was a merciless plant.

''How old are you by the way?'' Elle asked. She herself was merely 17 years of age. Although being an elf, age was not really something that was a bother.

Medievarad

She nodded slowly as Elle agreed to finishing their dinner first. She looked at Elle, arching an eyebrow. "How old do you think I am?" She asked with a cunning smirk. "And don't you dare say I am older than I actually am." A slow chuckle slipped past her lips as she put her utensils down, having finished eating.

"Thank you for the meal. It was delightful." She leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table, and resting her chin on the back of her hands. "How long are you planning on staying here in Featherfall?"

SilmeriaElemred

Elle was a little starled.''ehm.. your age maybe...'' she paused for a moment.25 maybe?...''

She hoped it at the least was not older.

''As for me staying... I never said when I would be back. But being a priestess I am required to be back with the upcoming Lunar eclipse four months from now.''

Medievarad

"Close.. Twenty six." She chuckled slowly. "You managed to avoid my wrath." She sat back in her seat again with the same soft smile. "I see. But are you planning to spend those four months in Featherfall or travel onwards? If you're staying here, I can offer you the guest room. I am fairly certain it is cheaper.. And safer than Silvermane inn." Light and high pitched barking sounded fromnext to Elle. The small and cute puppy looking up at her. Small tail waggling.  "All you have to do is help out a bit at the store or with a student."

SilmeriaElemred

''Safe..'' Elle said relieved. ''I wonder what your punishment would've been if I had guessed your age wrong.''

''I will most likely stay here. It is not to busy but there is plenty in the enviroment and in the town to do.''

When Elle heard the offer though she smiled brightly. ''Are... you sure it is not to much of a problem? I can help out of course. I work at the local infirmary too but should be able to be combined.'' She did not find the Silvermane inn that dangerous though. Although the glances she occasionally received were rather unsettling.

Elle looked at the puppy and patted it for a moment.