Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A treatise on Wolf-Kin by Therrin Cortise

Started by Argroww, September 28, 2015, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argroww

My name is Therrin Cortise and I have spent the last several centuries trying to figure out who, or what, I am.

At some point in my past I lost my memory, everything, barring my name and the understand of words and certain muscle memory.  My past was gone to me and in fact even my status as a Wolf-Kin was lost for a time, till certain events revealed that to me once again.  I am not sure how or why I lost my memory, but I believe that at the time of writing this, the cause is long dead.

This document is here to evidence what I have discovered about being a Wolf-Kin as opposed to the person I am now, or was before I lost my memory, so let us begin.

My earliest memories of my status was in fact my fur, most of the time I appear to be human, quite normal in fact.  My body is well toned for my apparent race, but I otherwise seem quite normal...well, I am exceptionally hairy, but that appears to be just how I am aside from a side-effect of being Wolf-Kin.  At times of stress however my body gets covered in fur, it's thick and softer than my human hair, much like that of a wolf's fur.  It is a subtle change, I don't even feel it happening.  Now by stress I don't necessarily mean anger, or a dangerous situation, it can be anything that makes me feel tense.  I will confess that I am often uncomfortable around women, on the occasion that they pay attention to me it is quite likely that my wolfish aspect will evidence itself, which has on occasion worked in my favour, some ladies like fur it seems...other however do not and end up running screaming thinking I'm a werewolf....which I am quite certain that I am not.

However this is merely one sign of my status and the easiest to notice under my own observation, I have been told that my eyes go yellow and my teeth become more pointed, my nails also become more talon-like, both toe and finger nail...well okay I notice them too, but not as much as my fur.

These total my physical changes, it goes no further than that, i do not become a wolf, or some kind of man-wolf hybrid that werewolves are...I still for the most part look human...just furrier and with claws, and yellow eyes...and talons.

Aside from changes there are permanent effects, for one thing I am stuck at a single age.  I believe this is the age my gift activated and I'll come to this later, but I am forever stuck at the age of 30, which to be fair is not a terrible age to be stuck at.  The hair on my head still grows, which I confess is odd, but otherwise my physical age doesn't change on a daily basis.  I am also at what I consider at a peak physical fitness, without any real effort to maintain them my muscles are well toned, not ridiculously large, but suitable healthy looking, this does seem to be a condition of being Wolf-Kin as no matter what I do, my body's status in that regard does not change, I can do rigorous exercise, or nothing at all, muscles stay the same.

Now along with that appearance of being well toned I actually have more strength than my body may imply, I am not infinite in my strength, but I can certainly achieve feats that a person of my size and apparent strength cannot, such as killing a man with a single punch (not actually that hard if you know where to punch), I can lift numerous heavy objects....and well you get the idea...I'm very strong.

At all times I have a heightened sense of smell, I can track for miles and for smells that have been around for days, I can identify individual components of a smell too, there are times when this works against me, strong smells can be distracting, sometimes overwhelmingly so, perfumes for example I find quite repugnant simply for how strong they are.  I also have a form of night vision, it has it's flaws, I can only see things in shades of grey, no colour at all.  This form of night vision helps me see in the dark, but can make some details difficult or impossible to make out still.

The most significant thing though is my immortality, which thus far appears to be absolute immortality, I once had all 4 of limbs chopped off.  Took almost a month for them all to grow back and I had to dig myself out, a most unpleasant experience, but a telling one as I clearly did not eat in that entire time either and yet I continued to live...I got very hungry though and the hunger pains were quite excruciating, but I lay there, buried under soil, still alive for the entire month, believe me I was most annoyed when I got out and tracked down my would-be killers...only to find that someone else had beat me to it.  I heal entirely from any wound and don't even bleed and the only thing I've never had tested is decapitation, not something I'd like to test, for as long as I've lived I've not got tired enough to try!

This about sums up how being a Wolf-Kin affects me....but where does the gift originate from?

This is something I have spent some considerable time investigating, and suffice to say, I've not found out much.

It is an ancient gift, very ancient and is incredibly rare, for the entire time my memory has been intact I've met but one other person with my gift, the young girl, as she seemed to be had been caught forever at 18, but she did reveal that her gift came from a magical artifact, a bracelet with a wolf-like creature on it, but no wolf she'd ever heard of.  My own gift I believe to be by blood, a dormant aspect of some long distant ancestor that normally remains entirely inactive for a person's entire life, but became active in me.

From what little I've been able to learn I am not truly related to wolves, but possibly some kind of demon that relates itself to a wolf-like aspect, and that creatures essence is within me, and those like me.  The bracelet that Ameena found I think was a magically bound version of the same creature that she released and thus gained the same gift as I have.

Unfortunately I believe this gift to be so ancient that any significant writings on it's nature have long since worn away, this also means that I do not know if there are limits to my gift, can I ever truly die, or take some permanent wound, can my gift be removed...I continue in my investigations and research.

Tags: