Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Death Comes Marching [Heretic King]

Started by Nightmare, October 18, 2015, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

Rhea smiled for the first time since she had isolated herself from the rest of the world so long ago. Finally she had found someone who seemed to understand her. "To watch the world around you die as you live on, seemingly eternally, now that I understand."

She paused for a moment, thinking back to all the times she should have been fatally injured but survived. She also thought about how long she has lived in this state of youth and health. "There are countless reasons I should be dead, but I have survived nevertheless."

Medievarad

"I have ddied once. My heart was torn from my chest and eaten. My left thorax was sliced off." He sighed slowly. "Yet my mistress called upon me. Revivign me as a voidborn. Or rather.. A void touched." He chukled slowly. I can merely dream of the power she holds.

Nightmare

"I have suffered many injuries that should have been fatal, yet every time the life force of everything around me was transferred into my own. No sign of injury was left. No scars, no marks, no wounds." She said, unsure of whether that made her happy or sad. "Your experience of death seems to have been very unique."

Medievarad

"It was a night filled with bloodshed. I was afraid back then. I kept fighting. Dying on my feet. It was then when the lady of grey showed herself to me in a vision. Promising me my survival and power for servitude as a Vanguard. I accepted and woke up in thid void realm. Where I was rebuilt."

He chuckled. "And I hold many scars. Some are trophies. Others are sorrows."

Nightmare

"Some would consider you lucky." Rhea said with a slight grin. "I would have to experience death for myself to decide whether I would have chosen to return to this world, though."

Medievarad

"It solely depends on your view." He said with a shrug. "But. I knew where I would end up when I did not chose survival. It would be.. Less than pleasant."

Nightmare

"I see..." Rhea said, trailing off as she became lost in thought. She looked out across the horizon and even though she couldn't see anything, she had a feeling something was coming. What it was, that was yet to be determined.

Medievarad

Limadan nodded slowly. Folding his arms. "Join me. Embrace the teachings." He said with a slow sigh. "There are people who are disgruntled with us. We need power to remain a presence."

Nightmare

It took her a moment to return to reality, but when she did she sighed. "I'm afraid I cannot follow your lady. Though I'm sure I can prove to be of assistance to her."

Medievarad

"Hm. Why would you be unable to follow her?" He askesmd, an eyebrow arching behind the mask. "And what assistance would that be?"

Nightmare

"Eventually, I will help to end it all. However, I do not wish to remain part of this world when it dies." Rhea answered, looking directly in his eyes. "I do not seek the power you and your lady seek."

Medievarad

"Hm. I see." The eyes behind his mask, sclera pitch black, his eyes blue, stared back. Testifying of his corruption. Testifying of what manner of power he held.

Nightmare

"This power..." Rhea said, waving her right hand and sending a wave of black energy out in a ring around them, draining the life of the plants around them. "This is all I need. Eventually I will figure out how to end it all, including myself."

Medievarad

He grabbed the hand, shaking his head. "I will not allow you. Not before the lady of grey has returned." His voice didn't seem hostile. Just the same cold tone.

Nightmare

"Do not worry." Rhea said calmly. "It's not yet time. A spell of that caliber could take decades, even centuries for me to perfect. I'm just now starting to figure it out."

Medievarad

He released the grip on her hand. "So can her return. It can be tomorrow. Or in several centuries." He sighed slowly.

Nightmare

Rhea gave him a comforting smile. "I'm not sure you fully understand. The spell is to destroy myself. The rest will follow. Perhaps it will be your lady who completes the task."

Medievarad

"I see. Perhaps you do not need to research a way of destroying yourself. Once she returns, she will recognize your worth and erase you from existence." He nodded slowly.

Nightmare

"Perhaps." Rhea agreed, nodding her head once. "But none of us truly know what the future holds. It is better to be prepared."

Medievarad

"Understandable." He nodded slowly. "Where were you headed?"