Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Death Comes Marching [Heretic King]

Started by Nightmare, October 18, 2015, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

"Nowhere in particular." Rhea said with a soft smile. "I sense darkness and I travel towards it. In this occasion it seems to have brought me to you, though I must admit I feel another great darkness not far from us."

Medievarad

"Hm. You have piqued my interest. Lead the way." He said, nodding at Rhea, standing ready. He was curious what this darkness she sensed was.

Nightmare

Rhea turned to the east and began walking, turning her head to speak to the man. "This way, then. I can't tell how far it is, exactly. I can simply sense its energy. The more energy I feel, the closer we are."

Medievarad

He nodded slowly, trudging behind Rhea. "I see. Any idea as to what it is??"

Nightmare

"None at all." Rhea sighed. "Likely some sort of dark magic, or ancient artifact infused with it."

Medievarad

"Hm. Intruiging." He said, still following the woman. "Can you judge the proximity from the current intensity?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.

Nightmare

"Right now, it's hard to tell." Rhea said, staring off into the horizon. "It's very faint. I wouldn't expect to reach it for at least a day, most likely longer."

Medievarad

Limadan nodded slowly. "So. A solid day of travelling. Unless you want to rest?" He looked at Rhea. The giant was a hardened warrior that sustained on the souls he reaped. But. Often the people he travelled with had their limitations in regard to him.

Nightmare

"I should be fine for traveling nonstop, so long as the object is only a day or so away." Rhea said after a moment of thought. "Though if it is farther, I may require a break."

Medievarad

"Noted." Was his response as a piece of log crunched and was destroyed underfoot by him. "Tell me when."

Nightmare

After a little while of walking, Rhea began to see an actual road come into view, leading in the direction they had to go. "How do you feel about traveling on roads?"

Medievarad

"I do not mind. Any wise man cowers at my approach. The idiots meet my blade." He stated rather bluntly. It was a true fact however. How many people immediatly cleared way for him was innumerable. Yet. So was the amount of makeshift heroes he had slain.

Nightmare

"Very well, then." Rhea said, grinning at his response. "It seems like this road will be the fastest way to get to our destination, at least for now."

She continued on toward the road, which happened to be empty at this moment. She assumed it wouldn't be long before the road got busy. After all, it was still relatively early in the day.

Medievarad

"Pleasant news." He replied to her as his steel boots clunked on the stone road. "Do you have an idea as to what the full magnitude of this.. Energy is. Just how powerful it possibly could be?"

Nightmare

"I won't know until we get closer." Rhea replied. "I can assure you it is something with a great deal of dark energy, though."

Medievarad

"I see. Thus concludes my questions." He said, before following Rhea in relative silence. His armor still clunked with each step he made. And clunked loudly it did.

Nightmare

They continued on in silence for a while, until they were joined on the road by others. Then the sounds of the busy road were made apparent. Most people simply went about their own business, leaving Rhea and her companion to themselves. Some took quick glances, but were quick to turn away again. "I must say, I'm not much of a fan of busy roads like this myself."

Medievarad

He shrugged slowly. "It is easier than navigating the woods."

Nightmare

"True, but only if you know where you are going." Rhea said. "And I often do not."

Medievarad

"I hope you do now.." He replied with a dry grunt.