Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Matron's Bridge is Falling Down... [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2015, 11:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It seemed the battle was never ending, as more men from the opposing army seemed to flood them from all sides. Krah only had a moment to pause, his back to Sunniva as he judged the situation, then peered over at the river, then to the bridge. The men seemed to be flooding from that direction. With a narrowed look, he began to cut his own way towards it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Was he leaving her?!

Sunniva's breath hitched when she realized he wasn't here anymore. Another face turned to pulp. "General!" Sunniva cried, panic rising. Luckily, the little Lily was a smaller target and Krah made a more interesting thing to follow. More panic and Sunniva curled up, hands over her head around the dead bodies. Abandoned.

visualspice

Krah had better things to do than to baby sit a white lily. Attractive or not, he was a being sculpted for war, and he was thriving in such bloodied chaos. So while she was left to her own devices, he stormed past the fighting troops, cutting down any that stood in his way before pulling his horse around the canons.

"You, manning the gun powder, get it on a cart and get it on there now. The enemy is coming from the other side of the bridge..."

And as he pointed it out, the man inquired, "But sir, are you implying-"

"Yes," Krah cut off his words, a cold grin on his face. "We're blowing up the bridge. NOW HURRY!" he barked. The men all scrambled, working quick to get the black powder barrels onto the cart. It was a dangerous feet, but thankfully the opposing forces didn't have much in the form of firearms themselves. Once it was ready, Krah wasted no time in giving the signal as he boomed, "FOLLOW MY LEAD! TO THE BRIDGE!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

So many people were looking at the gun powder. Why? Krah's voice cut though the cries and Sunniva jolted when she realized they were looking at the bridge. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going to happen and Sunniva tried to shout. He was going to die. He was going to take those soldiers and he was going to die.

So many eyes.

Sunniva clamped a hand over her mouth, face tucked down. Blood from everywhere wet her hair and to someone giving a quick scan she looked like she'd been stabbed. Sunniva just wanted to go home. Something caught her arm and she felt cool metal against her neck and it was either quick thinking or pure rage that had the nearest sword was in her hand in sunk into his belly. His own sword left a cut of its own on her neck and he collapsed on top of her. Leaving her pinned under the heavy armored man.

visualspice

It was chaos at its finest, but the battle had truly only begun. THe opposing forces were cut down well enough to secure an opening to the bridge. However, time was costly, and it seemed the other side caught wind of what they were planning,a nd began to shoot arrows as the cart,a nd when one sunk in, causing some of the powder to leak, Krah roared, "MOVE THIS CART FASTER!"

The hell he'd let the cart blow up before it could even serve it's purpose.

Now that things on this side of the river were calming, one of the soldiers noted the pinned white lily. He hesitated not in throwing the body off of her and stared down at her, stunned a moment and wondering if the holy woman were dead.

Draconian

The body being moved off of hers was a blessing and Sunniva laid still for a few moments, taking stock of her body. There were aches and pains eveywhere and she knew she'd be one big bruise tomorrow. If she survived that long. Sunniva rubbed at her chest, the armor slick with blood before she tilted her head to the solider that had helped her.

Tired. Sunniva's arms hurt but this was a battle. She couldn't just rest.

A moment to lick her lips and she reared back as gagged, getting a tongue-swipe of blood that probably wasn't hers. "What's your General doing?" She asked the soldier breathlessly, not quite keen on believing the images she'd seen. Sunniva had an idea of what the general was up to. That didn't mean she wanted to believe it.

visualspice

The soldier, relieved the lily was alive, wasn't entirely sure what to make of her. She looked injured, for all he knew fatal, but at her question, he shook his head.
"I.. Id on't know. It seems he and his men are heading for the bridge."

Draconian

What she suspected.

Sunniva rolled her shoulders and just lifted he head. It was too late to stop him and Sunniva wasn't sure she wanted to. Hands trembling she lowered her head and pressed her bloodied fingers to her face. "We have no choice but to wait then," her voice was soft and she let out a breath.

visualspice

"Wait?" The calls of battle echoed all around them. "But shouldn't we... are we not... Our obligations," he went on, voice stronger. "We should be backing the General."

Draconian

Sunniva tilted her head, giving a sweep of the area through the other mans eyes. "I meant wait for him to finish with whatever he's doing at the bridge." This really wasn't what she wanted to do today. Sunniva frowned down at her empty hand, it ached. The muscles in her arm were tense, "do you know where my mace is?" She asked, head tilted, "it'd be a bit... Meaty at the end. I seemed to have dropped it."

visualspice

"Mace?" The man looked around frantically, before shaking his head. "I don't see..." But then he paused, seeing it sunk into the skull of a fallen soldier. He cringed and moved forward, placing a boot to the man before pulling the thing free.

"Are you still able to fight?" he asked her, offering a hand to keep her stable, while also offering her back her weapon.

Draconian

Sunniva took the mace before shaking her head.

"Yes. But I don't want to. I feel like I'm going to collapse or my arms are going to fall off." Visibly her hands were shaking and she was glad for the gloves and clothing. Selfishly she couldn't wait to get clean. Frowning again, she lowered her head and took a breath.  "Lead the way soldier, I'm afraid I don't have a good eye for the battlefield."

visualspice

That's when the man did a double take.
"Wait... are.. are you... blind?" And was it blasphemy to ask?

Draconian

A natural reaction she turned her head to his voice and lifted an eyebrow.

"I Am blind, yet I am blessed by Ansgar." She swung the flanged mace at the ground and the sound of wet meat hitting the ground was audible. Even made her want to gag a little. "Let's go help your general."

visualspice

He was a bit taken by her term of 'his General', but he supposed his duty lay with her as much as it did with General Krah.
"Can you walk okay?" he asked. Being blind surely had it's limitations, did it not?

Draconian

Sunniva tilted her head.

Now was the time to act meek. Sunniva gave a little shake of her head and held out her hand. "Guide me?" What a bother. Most of her face was obscured by hair wet with blood and Sunniva let her head tip down. A careful breath and she rolled her shoulders again.  "Just to the bridge." Though heading towards the bridge seemed like a bad idea.

visualspice

He too thought the idea was bad, as he peered over at the bridge while Krah was howling for his men to go faster. Gritting his teeth, he wasted no time and pulled Sunniva by the hand. It took little effort to get tot he bridge, though once at the end of it, arrows and magical blasts from the opposing side came crashing far too closely all around them.

Draconian

As an Adhara there was no worry about magic around her.

However, arrows were another thing entirely and she gave a pained scream when one of them sunk into the meat of her thigh on the side, luckily the arrow head poked through. This was a terrible idea. Sunniva was angry. "You better be hurrying up, General!" She barked, because why else bring gunpowder here? Crouched over fingers drifting along the arrow into her thigh while she hobbled back, giving pained little gasps. At least it wasn't lethal. It was just the meat.

There was a suspicious lack of arrows headed her way after that, while she was crouched. They either fell right out of the sky or embedded themselves into the ground beside her. Another of her talents, given to her by Ansgar. The one she'd have to punish herself for, later.

visualspice

The enemy knew too much and rushed the bridge. Over a hundred men were on it. Magic was popping over head, crashing into this or that and at one point- had a direct hit ont he side of the cart, sending it toppling to the side. With a cry,t he Generalmoved to catch it, saving the whole damn thing from blowing up on impact.

He swore, cursing enough to make Ansgar's beard curdle as he struggled to right the cart. Meanwhile,t he soldier with Sunniva saw what was going on and readied his sword.

"The General needs our help!" And without much thought on it, he began to drag the White Lily along.

Draconian

Oh no. Again?

Why did the General keep needing help. What sort of General was he if he needed help all the time?! Sunniva refrained from sighing - the pain in her leg was too much - before she snapped off the remainder of the arrow and followed where she was dragged. Right into the thick of things.

So many eyes were on the cart and Sunniva knew that, as part of her job, she was to help the general.

If there was one thing she could do wounded it be to nullify magic. "Stay here," She barked to the soldier who'd dragged her here.

Pushing her way to the front in a hobble, she used the eyes around her to guide her way with frightening efficiency. Picking up a shield from one of the dead soldiers on the bridge, mace in hand she let out a careful breath and whatever magic got close to her just fizzled out from existence until finally she was closer to The General and that barrel of his. 

Didn't save any of them from more arrows though, which is why she had the shield. "There. I've helped." She quipped quietly, mostly to herself.