Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Matron's Bridge is Falling Down... [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2015, 11:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Krah nearly lost his hold on the cart.
"Priestess?" He couldn't believe it. "What are you dong here?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Protecting you from magic. My range is shorter but, if you'll care to notice, any magic aimed at you just fizzles into nothing." Sunniva snapped at him, " I am a Holy Knight not some Priestess." A snarl, if she hadn't considered herself a real knight of Ansgar before she certainly did now. "Move your things, General, I'll do my best to keep you safe." From arrows. Safe from arrows.

visualspice

Krah could have laughed, maybe he did.
"Thanks."
And that might have be the only time he remembered in years that he ever thanked someone. Other men came along. They righted the cart, and with an nod, he ordered, "ONWARD!" But as much effort as it had taken to get it this far, as much as they needed to get just a few more yards-
The enemy was more prepared this time. They were, after all, a trained army, flying the flag or Turgall and not some rag tag band of rebels.

So when he returned his focus on the enemies rather than the cart, he froze a moment to mutter, "Oh Fuck."

Unthinking, he threw himself at the White Lily, powerful arms around her, one of them helping her keep the shield hard and close, and just as the two began a chaotic freefall-
a canon ball hit the cart full of blackpowder, and the entire bridge lit up.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Was this dying?

Sunniva gave a yelp of surprise when she was tackled if she hadn't been so close as to smell the alcohol on him she would have thought it was someone to kill her. No, it was the General and Sunniva did little else then tuck her head close and steady her arm when she felt his arm against the shield to hold it far more steady than her arms could provide. The images from everywhere had her gasp and her grip on him tightened, then there was light and noise and she clung to him as best she could in fear.

They were going to die.

visualspice

Krah might have been thinking that too, was the explosion not an all consuming voice. He could feel the rawness of it's heat, burning at his backside, even as he fell. Though the White Lily might not feel any, as his body was all but consuming her in a protective embrace, she'd certain hear it- as the explosion as deafening and had enough force to jerk even the free falling pair.

And after what seemed like forever, though was only mere seconds, their free fall came more tumultuous as Krah's back slammed against the sharp edges of river rock, and he began to spiral, all sides of him smacking intot he piercing rocks and propelling them in a chaotic spin ever downward until the reprieve of the stinging cold water stole away whatever breath was left of him-
and down the heavy armored man went, taking the equally armored, but less heavy, White Lily with him.

Draconian

Sunniva clung for everything she was worth, at one point the shield had been ripped from her arm, caught on a rock, stuck and ripped away. Surely that pain was far worse than the arrow that was getting battered around in her thigh. Her now free hand had also moved between their bodies.

Then it was cold.

The tumble didn't last forever. Finally, wet, bleeding, they'd stopped, though she didn't move. Was afraid to move. Her breath was sharp little gasps and she kept her face tucked against his neck, arms clutching at his front. Sunniva wasn't sure which way was up, her head hurt and she felt dizzy and she clung to him all the tighter. Everything was dark.

visualspice

The pair had washed up to shore, nearly a mile down the Matron. And the ride had been anything but a comfy one. And things were dark, because the only vision she could see through was the apparently unconscious form of General Krah, laying there bleeding on the ground.

Draconian

Rolling her shoulders, Sunniva slowly got up, hands shaking, her hair was everywhere but she looked with her hands. At once they were at Krah's neck, feeling for anything wrong. Somewhere down the line she'd bitten her tongue, the tang of blood heavy in her mouth but she took a careful breath, fingers moving to his throat, her ear by his mouth.

Still breathing. Heart still beating. He wasn't dead.

He'd saved her. Sunniva let out another shaky breath before she removed his chest armor.

"Wake up," she pleaded, one hand on his throat and the other checking his head for wounds. Had he been wearing a helmet? Probably not. He was stupid. "Please?" Gentle hands, fingers studying his face, her thumb drifting over his cheek where her's had been cut. "You have to wake up. General Mordeth?" Another shaky breath and she finally planted her hands on his chest and gave a powerful shove, quickly followed by a yelp of pain and her cradling the arm that had held the shield.

"Wake up!" It was an order and in a shrill panicked voice. He was alive. Why wasn't he awake?

visualspice

She might as well have been yelling at a damn rock, for the man seemed unmoving. Far off in the distance, the battle still raged on, and what was left of the bridge began to collapse. This left for another loud noise and a swelling of smoke filled debris their way. But it was the noise that roused him, as he coughed out a breath while the cloud of smoke rolled over their forms.

Draconian

A yelp of surprise and she moved to cover Krah's face. Then he was coughing and she was relieved. A strange feeling for this fellow of all people. Groping her. Making her grope him. Sunniva frowned deeply before she took a careful little breath, still cradling his head and doing her best to keep the debris from his face. "How badly are you hurt?" She asked quietly.

visualspice

When the dust settled, Krah was finally able to catch his breath, groaning as his dark eyes peered up at the girl. No longer bloody, her hair was still a wild and untamed mess from the river, and fall. He found it sex.

Giving her a crooked smile before he winced, he growled out through a cough, "Not that bad anymore."
Clearly he had died and gone to heaven.

Draconian

Not that bad anymore?

What happened? Alarmed, Sunniva traced over his jaw with her fingers, along his neck. Confused.  She didn't feel anything. Wasn't he a mordecai? "I don't understand," her hands moved down to his arms, looking for scrapes.

Though she paused, hand on his chest, fingers resting against his neck. "You saved me."

visualspice

He was still breathing, labored, and though no wounds were shown on the outside, he had more bruises and scrapes elsewhere than he knew. Not that it mattered, it felt as if everything hurt as he groaned and looked at her, really looked at her.

"Saved you?"
His face wrinkled, before another loud collapse of the bridge down the river thundered their way. He saw the swell of smoke.

"Fuck." And the pair were consumed in smoke again. When it once again faded, he managed to sit himself up some.

"Fuck.. what the hell happened... the bridge?" And he looked around, suddenly more wary. "My men.. the army.. What's going on?"

Draconian

His disbelief at saving her - even in a round about way - seemed just as genuine as hers did. Sunniva covered her face with her hair and Krah's face by hovering over it the best she could. The bridge.

"Something hit the powder. It exploded and it souds like the bridge is collapsing." A gentle shake of her head and she cradled her arm in her lap, one hand still resting against Krah's chest. Pleased he was alive. For how. "I don't know how we survived, I'd be dead if it weren't for you and the shield that's..." Her had went down to her arm, the skin raw and bleeding from when the shield had been ripped away.

Slowly she stood up, heavily favoring one leg. "Are your legs hurt?"

visualspice

Krah groaned.
"Only as much as everything else." And with a grunt, he tried to stand, but was a bit wobbly, before involuntarily toppling onto Sunniva. He managed to catch himself before crushing her nad knocking her over with his weight, but it seemed it did much pain to do so, hence hte bulging of his veins and the tightened clenched growl set with his teeth.

"Fucking Ansgar..." he grumbled, shaking a little as he tried to stand more erect, but once he felt more secure, he turned towards the half fallen bridge and let out a snort of a laugh.
"I'll be.. guess at least those bastards won't be using it anytime soon." And he began to look around, judging how far away they were.

"We need to get out of here. The Turgallian army can't know I'm gone. If so," he went on with a grunt, limping towards the rocky cliff sides surrounding them, "They'll think I'm fucking dead, or worse. Can't have them thinking they won," he went on, but paused a moment to realize...
"Fuck."
Yeah.. rocky cliffs everywhere- and even in perfect health, they'd be hell to climb.
"How's your arm?" he asked, giving a testing kick with his boots to some of hte more solid looking crags of rock.

Draconian

It wasn't just her arm.

Sunniva smoothed her hand over her leg, felt the wood of the arrow jutting out before she examined the arm. Scrapes. The flesh was tender and her fingers were wet. It wasn't an awful injury. Superficial. Perhaps a sprained wrist.

"You should go on without me," a simple shake of her head. "I'll only slow you down if you need to climb."

visualspice

It was at such a suggestion he growled.
"And what- condemn me to death for your murder?" His eyes flared. "No, I don't think so. You're a White Lily. And you're not dead. So you're coming back with me."

He just needed to find a place to climb.

Draconian

Sunniva growled back, "I didn't mean leave me here to die." Pushing her fingers through her hair She collected it over her shoulder and sighed. "I'm hurt. I'm cold. I can't climb. I can't see." A shakey breath and she ducked her head down, bringing her hands up to cover her face.

visualspice

"Oh? Only know you're admitting you're useless?" he spat. "You're a god damn knight of the White Lily!"
What a useless crock of shit she was!

Draconian

Taking a big breath, Sunniva pressed a hand go her mouth and gave a loud growl of frustration. This was stupid. "I'm trying to save you time! I can't climb up and I doubt you can carry me on your back the whole way up!"