Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the Shadows (Discontinued)

Started by Icepop213, December 12, 2015, 01:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icepop213

Maleth thought Talin was crazy. His blast had never pushed a man that distance. He heard the cries grow louder and decided that it was their only option. 'Come on, Maleth, don't fail now.' He focused all the energy in his body into this one push. He thrust his hand forward, and a large force pushed Talin over the gaping ravine. Maleth fell to the dirt, weak from focusing all his strength into that push. He attempted to stand up but his legs gave way.

Arclightning

Talin ran up to the edge, saying his final prayers. As he reached the edge he leaped into the air, only to be thrown across by a powerful force. He soared across the chasm and landed with a roll that minimized the damage done to his legs. They still hurt like hell, but they weren't broken. He looked up from his position seated on the ground and saw a tall figure wrapped in a grey cloak. It looked like a very tall and thin person, except for the horns growing out of its forehead. And the fact that it was indistinct and fuzzy, it seemed to be formed from a fog that covered all of its features, leaving only a general outline. It turned to him and said in a low, breathy voice
"Why have you come here mortal?" Talin sat up and thought for a second. He decided honesty was the best answer.
"I have come to excorsize an ancient creature from my body." The demon remained motionless, yet gave of an air of consideration.
"I may help you. But such thing will be difficult for you, deadly even."

JackieCat

On the other side of the ravine with Maleth, Lorin looked between him and Talin.  The spell seemed to have taken all the strength from Maleth, but a demon had appeared by Talin, and they appeared to be speaking.

Knowing she could do nothing for Talin at the moment, she turned and crouched next to Maleth. "Are you okay?" she asked.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Icepop213

Maleth got up slowly and replied, "Yeah, I'm fine. Where's Talin?" he asked before looking across the ravine. He saw what appeared to be a large cloaked figure taking to Talin. Maleth's heart started racing. 'Was this the demon that Talin was talking about?' He needed to get across the ravine but couldn't find any other way than over. And since there was no bridge of any kind, Maleth was at a lost. 'Could I use my magic? I'm not very good with it... that last blast must have been lucky, but it used up all of my energy.' Maleth was exhausted. He looked over at Lorin and asked, "You don't know how to use magic, do you?"

JackieCat

Lorin shook her head. "Nothing that could help us," she said. "What can we do?  We can't just leave him over there to deal with that demon alone!"

Bet there was no visible way to cross, and Lorin was fresh out of ideas.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor