Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All Wishy-Washy {Ethereal-Star}

Started by Kalak8538, December 14, 2015, 07:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalak8538

It was an early autumn morning. The sun had already risen. It gave light, even though it was hidden from view. Thick morning clouds greyed the sky, and a thin mist hung in the air like smoke from a bonfire. It was considerably warm for an autumn day, yet there was still a distinct chill in the air. Off one of the main rivers lay a small stream. Up this stream, before it emptied into the main river, there was a bend. Here, the water did not move so fast. The water snaked around the curve, as gentle and serene as it had been for an age or more.

Amongst the babbling and churning of the stream water, there was another sound. A soft sound of weeping could be heard from the area around the bend. Its source was not apparent, however, for there was no one around for it to belong to. It almost seemed to emanate from the stream itself. The weeping continued, with no owner to be seen anywhere.

Ethereal-Star

Rivers and streams were like the very embodiment of emotion and feeling. Any of the watery persuasion would feel these sensations, these feelings as though they were their very own. As it were, another such creature was also present in these waters, rising up out of the flowing stream, skin clammy and wet as ever. Plus the figure was also nude. Light blue hair with streaks of white interspersed throughout those wavy tresses cascaded down a smooth white back. Eyes like water looked to the stream itself, her gaze melancholic.

"Your weeping saddens me greatly." Nerianolule mused quietly, her own tears starting to roll down her cheeks. To any passing by, it would appear as though the strange looking woman was talking to herself. "Perhaps I can offer support in some way."

Kalak8538

In response to the woman's voice, the water began to swell from a certain spot. It did this on its own accord, rising up to create a clear pillar. Three orbs of water rose at the same time. Two were the same size, while the third was a bit larger. Together, the watery orbs and pillar began to form what looked like a humanoid body. The largest of the orbs, now a more egg-like shape, formed a human face and "grew" long and flattened hair that hid half of it. This was a magical being, with a body composed of living water. Its saddened expression revealed that it was the source of the weeping. Softly, it began to speak.

"I... I a-am sorry if I made you sad... It is all my fault... I did not think anyone would travel here..."

It spoke with sincerity and anguish, legitimately thinking itself to blame for the visitor's sadness. As the being spoke, it nearly began sobbing. The two smaller orbs grew small stubby fingers, revealing themselves to be hands. These "hands" were brought up to the face, covering the eyes in a generic weeping gesture. Instead of tearing up from the eyes, the form simply began losing water. It was slow, but the body almost seemed to shrink with each drop lost.

Ethereal-Star

"There there now." Nerianolule soothed the other watery being. Her own tears abated somewhat, but still she looked sad and sympathetic towards the other one's plight. "Perhaps you can share with me what is wrong?"

The water around her body clung to her in myriads of tiny droplets, and it seemed underneath that, more water flowed within as though her very bloodstream was made up of water. And perhaps it was. As an Aquarian and a water elemental at that, her kind were partially composed of the liquid substance, but less so than others of their magical affinity. But still, their link with water was not to be underestimated by any stretch.

Kalak8538

Once again exposing his "face", the figure looked away.

"I do not want to trouble you..." he said in his normal saddened tone.

"It would be best if I left..."

He turned his back to the stranger. He honestly did not want to leave, for someone was actually speaking to him. The stranger spoke kindly and sympatheticly, which was a refreshing change from the screams and retaliation he was used to receiving from others. However, he believed that should he stay, he would end up annoying or angering the visitor. He began to sink down, but hesitation made the sinking slow. Deep down, he wanted to stay. Maybe this one could be his... Friend?

Ethereal-Star

Nerianolule observed the other water elemental sinking slowly down into the river. His feelings were magnetized all the more since they shared the same watery vicinity at this time and so even more than ever before, she sensed his deep desire to stay. More than that, she sensed his longing for companionship, a friend, a comforting voice to talk to. Neria spoke softly and kindly once more. "I know you wish to stay here, that you do not want to leave this place."

Fixing her swirling eyes upon him, Neria could still see him, still sense him even though he wasn't completely as visible as before. It made no difference to her whether she could see him in whole or in part, for she innately knew where he was. She could feel it all throughout her being. While the other was not an Aquarian like her, he was still kin regardless. They shared the same origins, the same ancestral beginnings. And she felt the need to counsel him, whether he wanted it or not. His topmost feelings could not hope to hide from her what lay beneath that, a vortex of loneliness which penetrated to her very core. He needed a friend more than ever now. And Nerianolule would be that friend.

Reaching out an arm to his partial form and swimming closer, she laid her palm atop the other one's 'head' as though to coax him to stay. "Do not leave me. It is not often I meet one of my own kin." Her voice growing sad as though the other were outright rejecting her presence. That she could not have. Her eyes grew darker with the mood change, light blue steadily deepening to dark blue.

Kalak8538

It seemed the elemental's mind was as clear to the stranger as his body was. She knew how much he wanted to stay, and surprisingly, actually wanted him to stay. There was a feeling he rarely felt nowadays. It was almost like his very soul was warming up. Slowly, he rose again from his swell in the river. He turned and began to advance towards the kindly stranger. He continued looking down, and put the tips of his "index fingers" together. There was the hint of a smile on his face.

"We are... Kin?"

He did sense that this stranger was partly or mostly comprised of water. She may not have been completely water like he was, but there was a feeling of kinship there. This made the situation more comfortable.

"If... If it makes you happy... I will stay." he said with the same saddened tone.