Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sanctuary from the Storm

Started by JackieCat, February 06, 2016, 04:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

OOC:  Tags to @Klezmer Gryphon!

Keyne was having trouble flying.  Despite the dragon's size, the wind blew forcefully under her wings and above them, simultaneously pushing her up and down, causing her to almost lose control.  The buffering wind pressed against her as she flew downward, she knew she had to get out of the storm.  Rain was pouring down in sheets, and thunder boomed across the sky.  A lightning bolt hit the ground not a mile away as Keyne landed on the earth.  The dragon felt the electricity flash through her bones, and she ran forward in the wind.  She was out in the open, but her sharp eyes caught a rock formation in the distance, and she made for it.  She was glad there were not many trees about to be hit by lightning.

When she got to the formation she saw it was large, good, there might be a cave to find shelter in.  She looked around the base of the rocks, and found a small opening just big enough to slip into.  Glad to find relief from the storm, Keyne poked her head inside, but cautiously, sniffing for any sings of other animals who may have sought out the cave for shelter, as she had.  She smelled nothing but the rain and stone, and even though it was pitch dark in the cave, Keyne used her night vision to see.  The cave was fairly small, but large enough so that two dragons of Keyne's size, five feet at the shoulder, could sleep in it comfortably.

Sure it was clear, Keyne stepped into the cave, happy to be dry.  Keyne didn't mind storms, in fact, she liked them, and loved the rain, but this one was more severe than most, and the dragon would enjoy it from inside the newly found cave.  It was fairly quiet in the cave, but she could hear the sounds of thunder and rain outside, it was quite cozy, in fact.

She curled up on the stone and blew a flame of blue fire into her paws.  She set the flame on the floor, at it sat there, lighting the room dimly.   It didn't need any wood to burn, but if she had put it on wood, it would have turned into normal fire, no longer blue or magical.

Keyne rested her head on her paws and closed her eyes.  Within minutes she was asleep, but she was not unaware of the things happening around her.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor