Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Maybe Tea Will Help[OPEN!]

Started by Draconian, August 22, 2018, 10:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

[Open thread to one person!]

It was easy to chew on her nails or worry her lip. Aster stared at the setting sun - sort of, looking at the sun was always bad news, that's how someone went blind once, her papa told her so - but at least the clouds were pretty and the sky was pretty but... The dread that settled in her chest every sunset was not pretty. Aster sucked in a deep breath and got ready for bed, washed her face, brushed her hair. Nighty on, crawl into bed. Luckily, Aster always fell asleep decently. She never woke up tired.

However, she jolted awake, one foot in the pond with a pokey leaf on her face. Aster groaned as she got up, looking at the sky and winced when it was a little brighter than usual. Normally she stayed in her rooms. Woke up leaning on the windowsil because Duck's don't have arms and can't open windows. Guess she accidentally left her window open, which was good for her. Aster shuffled back to her rooms, arms covering what she could of her naked body and let out a happy noise because, indeed, her window was open. Easy to slip inside and get situated into her nightgown again - though muddy foot prints gave her away.

Easy to fall asleep again, Aster didn't wake until morning. Her maid making annoyed clucking noises and looking down at the muddy foot prints. Her maid knew what was going on. A women old enough to be her (very young) mother, she sighed and cleaned the mud up. A part of Aster's curse was that you couldn't speak of it. Ever. Anyone. At least not in any amount of detail.

"Again?" She said, closing the window. Aster looked at her maid from her spot on the bed and gave a small nod.

"Poor dear, should put a lock on the window," She tapped a the glass and went about her business, laying out a dress before she shuffled away. Aster of course, got out of bed and got a loose shirt and a pair of pants from the wardrobe instead. It was an easy day. Market day. Aster fixed her shirt, tucked it in, boots on. She'd read recently that there had been a tea she could brew to help her sleep. Maybe she could make that and finish it and she'd just... Sleep through being a duck.

"Amber, I'm going out!" Aster called, grabbing a small ornate looking pouch of money and empty knapsack and rushing away. Before Amber could reply, Aster was gone.

Then began her day. The sun was high in the sky, she had a few snacks waiting for when she got hungry and she was perusing the dried herbs, chewing on her lower lip and simply... Looking. There was a drawing of what she needed in the money pouch and... Aster tapped at her belt, blood going cold. There hadn't been a tug or a bump and... Was she really so dense?

Aster gave an awkward smile to the stall owner before awkwardly shifting away. Then, "excuse me?" she tapped someone on the arm, "Please, something of mine was stolen. It was blue and had flowers sewn on and---" The person shook their head and Aster's face fell. The next person. Another person.

Surely someone would notice such a pouch?

An arm was tugged on, "Excuse me? Please?" Aster's eyes were wide and she looked like she was about to cry, whether from frustrating or tears of disappointment and sadness, "Please, have you seen a pouch? It's blue and has flowers and someone stole it from me and... I can't find it. Please, have you seen it?" Aster's hand was firmly holding the strangers sleeve and she just.. Gazed. Concerned, sad and disappointed that someone would steal something from someone else.

Kadakism

Belafay was done with work for the day and glad for it. How many hours had the walk been to Arca, pulling her cart full of goods to be shipped and signed for? Too many, she decided. Her feet were caked with dried mud and her dress was wrinkled heavily from the ropes that had attached her to her cart. If she had muscles she was certain they would be sore. But she was done, and she could use this opportunity to find herself a new master. The marketplace would be a good place to start. Someone might need help with some thing and if she could show how useful she could be...

She was interrupted mid-thought at the feeling of a hand on her shoulder. Turning slowly, she cast her gaze at the woman who had hold of her sleeve. Well-off. Young adult. Clearly distressed. Belafay felt a familiar, tight smile form on her lips. This woman needed help.

Her purse had been stolen? That wasn't too terribly surprising, if Belafay was being honest. She looked like an easy target for such things. She listened briefly and shut her eyes to process. "You need someone to find your purse then, yes?"
Another pause, opening her eyes to look for any kind of gesture or nod in the affirmative.

"I will find it for you. Blue with flowers, yes?" Belafay's voice was impassive as her programming took over. Turning her head, her long hair swaying with her sudden movements, she scanned the crowd, Looking. Searching for a sign of the purse, the person who took it, the quickest route to get to them, and something to stop them from running away.

((let me know if you'd like anything changed or expanded upon))