Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Uthlyn Uprising [plotting thread!]

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

You have the Duke of Folkvar's forces, since he backs the Grand Duke. ( and even though his wife went down with the ship)

And of course, Sunniva and Krah will be through there and that plot that we figured a year ago ( Whooooops ) could still be a thing and Krah can get that redemption he wanted from the Uprising and then ditch her because he'd be a general again!

@AevumEternity  Well, which side is Hakon on. xD That'd make plotting things out much easier!

AevumEternity

~♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ Off to kill me some mages

That'll answer it for ya lol! She's been fighting on almost all fronts with Ansgar's Hand to suppress and destroy rebellious magical cells

Draconian

xD In character, yeah.

But I mean like.  Is she with the Grand Duke or does she just fight mages? Because I don't think this fight is an 'against mages' fight.

AevumEternity

In honesty she's torn but she leans to opposing him, due to the effects the civil war has had on the population of the country and the views of the rabble overall- I assume they're all very very displeased with how long this has gone on not to mention the brutality of it- so I'd say against if the people are

visualspice

This isn't a battle! Just a reminder it's a sudden boisterous rise of the common folk pleading for change and the war to end. There might be some violentish rioting, but it's not an outright battle. So it's really just a bunch of scholars and some rebels throwing stones at the big dawgs- and they're doing it due to carefully planted seeds by Cullen's little collection of rebels :|
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Quote from: Spicyspice on March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM
This is a major 'mini-event' that takes place during year ten (or eleven) of the Connlaothian Civil War. After news that The Goddess (the duchy of Hellvion's super ship) has sunk (and with it carried a lot of nobility, mainly the duchess of Hellvion and duchess of Folkvar); and with Matron's Hallow conquered by the Turgall army where General Krah Mordeth has been presumed dead, those who have been conspiring to over turn the government near the capital believe it's time to strike.

Uthlyn, being a hub for a lot of scholars, ends up as the hot spot for this event. When the church bells toll on the Day of Respite is when the uprising will begin.

The following members I know have an interest in the war, and this event will definitely be a game changer as the war is finally growing nearer towards the capital, and may over turn the majority of support for the Grand Duke and leave a potential pathway for rebels to attack the castle head on.

It won't be an easy or short battle, but with something of this size and complexity, I'm reaching out to all of the active civil war players (and also welcome new ones and their ideas!), to toss out ideas and help me flesh out a plot for this :D

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

okay so correction it's not a planned battle out on the field- It's as described- happening from within. So... it'll happen so it's whoever is nearby (on the opposing side) that would be there. so nothing in character planned-~

Draconian

I just mean that, should Mr.GD require it, he can shuffle in some of Duke Folkvar's forces to look big and scary and stuff and be a threat should... Things escalate. 

I say throw Krah in there and end it like he ends everything. |8 Badly.

AevumEternity

So it's just a super violent uprising that could/will lead to bloodshed of essentially Pro-Duke vs Discontent masses, correct? The only reason Connlaothian forces would be there would be to suppress the masses and keep violence from spreading OR slaughtering the discontent masses... So what would it be do you think?

visualspice

Yes, correct, Aevum! ^_^
Most likely the Grand Duke's forces will be sent out-
but not until after things look ugly and may turn violent.

SilmeriaElemred

When will this take place? Before or after Sil and Kayden's arrival :)

visualspice

@SilverLuna  Do you have a preference? Let me know and we can start a thread with them from there :D
They could just 'bump' into this scenario or..
who knows, maybe help Cullen bring it to fruition?
I think Cullen needs friends, but I'm game for either!

SilmeriaElemred

I wouldn't mind. Like mentioned before, Sil's first priority is finding Killian (having her bag and all and her concern for him)

Another option is for Kayden to leave Sil with Cullen though and find Killian on his own, but Sil will not exactly be in a good place. After all, Sil is wounded as it were.

Griffin

Is this ongoing or for a future thread?

Anyway, I have a (16-year-old)Assassin/ Mage / Alchemist Apprentice in Uthlyn that Hates the Nobles (Mage, Obviously!)  and likes to protect his Morals and the Innocent. Could Solomon fit into this?

The Link to his Profile is http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23349.msg348429#msg348429

visualspice

Quote from: Griffin on March 22, 2017, 07:25:58 AM
Is this ongoing or for a future thread?

Anyway, I have a (16-year-old)Assassin/ Mage / Alchemist Apprentice in Uthlyn that Hates the Nobles (Mage, Obviously!)  and likes to protect his Morals and the Innocent. Could Solomon fit into this?

The Link to his Profile is http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23349.msg348429#msg348429

@Griffin  this is going on now (but the event itself is kinda slow going) so pretty much anyone can hop it and have their characters effected by it (since there will also be multiple threads that are going on and are meant to be going on at once, but not necessarily all in the same precise location). I hope that makes sense!

I'm sure your character is fine. I haven't had a chance to review them yet as I'm getting ready for class but should you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

SilmeriaElemred

Hey Spice, the idea to have Kayden leave Silmeria with Cullen and then find Killian, or have Kayden with Silmeria find Killian and Cullen afterwards, let me know which you prefer and when we can start it :)

visualspice

@SilverLuna  I like the idea of both of your characters finding Cullen and make an alliance due to common grounds. Do you prefer them meeting him prior to the craziness that is happening in Uthlyn for this event, or during?
This might also make a fun group thread with @DragonSong 's character as well as all 3 of them could meet Cullen during the craziness!

What do you guys think?

Also, @Griffin  Your character could work into this potential group thread as well :D

SilmeriaElemred

before might be better. I had the idea Silmeria needing a contract to survive and perhaps make one with Killian? if you want

visualspice

Quote from: Draconian on March 19, 2017, 12:19:02 PM
I just mean that, should Mr.GD require it, he can shuffle in some of Duke Folkvar's forces to look big and scary and stuff and be a threat should... Things escalate. 

I say throw Krah in there and end it like he ends everything. |8 Badly.

@Draconian  We'd have to consider when this happens in our thread. Maybe he ends it WITHOUT the aid of an army (omg not sure how he'd even manage that but lol) and could be his final route of redemption with the crown? Not sure though cause yeah, have to think on the direction for our current thread. However, it's possible he could take up Sunniva's parents army to roll on into Uthlyn to restore order.
He'd definitely feel more at home finally being back in a leadership rule for the army and the grand duke would have to unfortunately acknowledge his tactics (maybe he doesn't completely steam roll Uthlyn this time in restoring order?) Could be from Sunniva's insistence, or something~

Just some food for thought but looking back at all these ideas, I'm now able to get a better idea on how to tie this all together! Yay! *pinwheels arms about excitedly *

Also, make note of this @AevumEternity  - cause maybe we can incorporate your character here as well? If desired, it could bump her status or she could have it already bumped by now, if she wanted to ever become some sort of General for the Grand Duke? I dunno, just some food for thought!

visualspice

Quote from: SilverLuna on April 08, 2017, 05:01:07 AM
before might be better. I had the idea Silmeria needing a contract to survive and perhaps make one with Killian? if you want

@SilverLuna   Can you clarify the contract for me again? :3 I might have another fun idea for this <3 (or just hell go with that one but I just want to make sure i'm on the same page XD )