Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Uthlyn Uprising [plotting thread!]

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 03:15:08 PM
Quote from: Heretic King on March 12, 2016, 03:12:16 PM
Yeah, it'd be sweet if I got a spot in it, where do I gotta throw Artorias in?

@Heretic King - It depends where and when you'd like him involved! Its possible Artorias gets side tracked by Cullen and some of his men to prevent him from being there when the uprising begins. Could be a suicide mission or something, but either way, a fun idea to propose!
Although that would make Cullen one of my shortest lived characters looool

Just some food for thought!
So, for reasons, my previous post didn't get through.

Anyhow, Artorias would love to get his hands on Cullen, it'll keep him occupied as he is indeed a gamechanger, it would tip the balance in his foe's favour.

Perhaps he still manages to show up in the nick of time?

Saber-Five

Well as in for plots I offer one or two. During the midst of the fighting some combantants of the warring sides commit crimes like looting or murder against people, causing Nemesis to intervene after having been observing the battle from the shadows.

He assists a sizable group of victims at one neighborhood. Then rallying those willing to protect themselves into an defense of their homes against looters or anyone trying to harm them. They barricade the streets in the local area and mount a resistance against any invaders who attack them. Of course this would be a delaying action for those who can't fight escape into the sewers.

Also some rebels could try to parley with Nemesis and his group. How does that sound?

Jounin64

I know we discussed about Lynette doing the sinking of the ship thread, idk if that happened, but I can offer her, Alphonse, or Aldwin. Whichever you think fits best

visualspice

@Heretic King - Yeah, anything is possible. I might even toss Vels into this, depending on the reason and turn out of members interested (and if it'd make sense for her to end up being there XD )

and @Saber-Five - that could definitely work! Maybe Artorias eventually gets the upper hand and Cullen tries to retreat back towards Uthlyn (maybe word gets out by this time in their fight) and these three end up in a thread of CHAOS!?

Though just some ideas! Chaos will happen, so there will be war crimes a plenty. Innocents will suffer, all the things! I'm pretty sure if I toss in Vels here she's not exactly going to be on one side or the other, considering she never wanted to be involved to begin with and is kind of surviving day to day best she can!

and @Jounin64 - since there wasn't a large interest in the ship thread, I continued that on with a one on one thread with @Draconian .  If you're still interested, PM me your ideas and we can work something out!

I keep mentioning Vels so I should probably add @DragonSong to this, too! lol
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 03:47:09 PM
@Heretic King - Yeah, anything is possible. I might even toss Vels into this, depending on the reason and turn out of members interested (and if it'd make sense for her to end up being there XD )

and @Saber-Five - that could definitely work! Maybe Artorias eventually gets the upper hand and Cullen tries to retreat back towards Uthlyn (maybe word gets out by this time in their fight) and these three end up in a thread of CHAOS!?

Though just some ideas! Chaos will happen, so there will be war crimes a plenty. Innocents will suffer, all the things! I'm pretty sure if I toss in Vels here she's not exactly going to be on one side or the other, considering she never wanted to be involved to begin with and is kind of surviving day to day best she can!

and @Jounin64 - since there wasn't a large interest in the ship thread, I continued that on with a one on one thread with @Draconian .  If you're still interested, PM me your ideas and we can work something out!

I keep mentioning Vels so I should probably add @DragonSong to this, too! lol
So. Cullen and Artorias are fighting. And suddenly third party intervention from Saber?

Saber-Five

Works for me. Nemeisis would do it if it meant protecting the innocent that he can save in the area. What you think Spice?

Jounin64

Not to add to the overload, but I pmed my idea, that will prob become very destructive shenanigans XD

Medievarad

If it is magic, it'll be tough to pull it off when Artorias is around. He's like; "lolnope. No magic."

pomelo

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

@pomelo - I see 'klemens' is back! :D If your'e up for it, I wouldn't mind plotting more with you on this event (or just anything else, if you'd want!)

Dr. Klemens, thankyouverymuch! Who were you thinking of?

Cambie

Wulfbauer still wants to see Krah brought to justice!!! By this point, may be the Wulfbauer army is also marching its way toward Uthlyn.  (Depending on how @pomelo sees it.)

Also, what do people think of a religious uprising, where maybe the most ardent of Church supporters believe that the Grand Duke haven't been doing enough to get rid of mages?

GoblinFae

What affect will this event have on stuff with Idris, Davina and the duchy? Any?
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Quote from: Saber-Five on March 12, 2016, 03:56:33 PM
Works for me. Nemeisis would do it if it meant protecting the innocent that he can save in the area. What you think Spice?

@Saber-Five  - seems good to me if it's good with @Heretic King !
I'll work on fleshing out the details and post it up just to clarify later, as I'm not sure our three characters will be in the same thread at first (as Artorias will be preoccupied elsewhere) -  probably in Reajh before he rushes off to Uthlyn. Although, it doesn't mean your character, Saber, might not also be in Reajh, first before following them to the craziness in Uthlyn!

Quote from: pomelo on March 12, 2016, 04:45:58 PM

@pomelo - I see 'klemens' is back! :D If your'e up for it, I wouldn't mind plotting more with you on this event (or just anything else, if you'd want!)

@pomelo - It's up to you, pom-pom! I figured I'd tag you in here incase you wanted in on the goods :D

Quote from: Cambie on March 12, 2016, 07:47:36 PM
Wulfbauer still wants to see Krah brought to justice!!! By this point, may be the Wulfbauer army is also marching its way toward Uthlyn.  (Depending on how @pomelo sees it.)

Also, what do people think of a religious uprising, where maybe the most ardent of Church supporters believe that the Grand Duke haven't been doing enough to get rid of mages?

@Cambie - maybe they get Krah by the end of this event? Presuming other craziness doesn't take place before that!

But yes... @Lion I believe has much plans for this >D

Quote from: GoblinFae on March 12, 2016, 10:29:04 PM
What affect will this event have on stuff with Idris, Davina and the duchy? Any?

@GoblinFae -  At this point in the war, the uprising may not directly affect Hellvion, however, Melora may or may not be dead at this point, leaving the throne open to whomever gets to it first lol
A quick update to this point in the war (year ten)- the beginning of year ten is when the Duke of Hellvion dies, however, his WIFE, Duchess Melora, takes the throne for herself and more or less has a closed door policy with Hellvion and the rest of Connlaoth. She uses her new power and wealth to build a super ship she calls The Goddess to show the world she herself, is an able bodied player in this world of power. However, the same month it sets sail, it sinks in the ocean! So there is A LOT of fun plots for us to go over :D

Let me know your ideas by posting them here or in PM, goblins~
But Uthlyn is so far from Hellvion this specific event shouldn't affect that duchy since it's so far north
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Saber-Five

I think I'll have Nemesis be in the city already, occupied with punishing a zealous priest until the revolt breaks out. Eventually he could confront the Blood Warden and the Grandmaster later.

visualspice

Quote from: Saber-Five on March 12, 2016, 10:54:33 PM
I think I'll have Nemesis be in the city already, occupied with punishing a zealous priest until the revolt breaks out.

I'm assuming you mean the capital city of Reajh?
Or did you mean the city of wealth and knowledge that is Uthlyn :D

Saber-Five

visualspice

Thanks for the clarification, Saber-Five!

And someone asked me this via PM, so I figured I'd share this here:

This mini-event will have one major open thread (that's like an open by request type deal) for those who want in on a larger scale group thread with chaos!

But! There are going to be several one on one private run threads around this main event as well

Once I start getting more feed back on this event, I'll start posting rough timelines and character pairings and also thread links for any interested who want to follow each thread in this particular mini-event~

pomelo

Let's plot/skype a bit about this, @Cambie ! Obviously Erwin is the boss, so in the end it's his decision! I'm not sure how Olive would feel about sending the troops out after Krah or not. But there are possibilities! Let's scheme together.

I realize this wasn't directed at me, but I love this idea! For the records.

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 10:36:58 PM
@pomelo - It's up to you, pom-pom! I figured I'd tag you in here incase you wanted in on the goods :D

Well, maybe Olive would be involved by way of Erwin. But otherwise I'm not sure who I'd throw in. The obvious option would be Dahlia&Co. if I wanted to resurrect the Greys. But their storylines are waaaaaaaaay behind! Who knows what'd be going on with them by Year 10.

pomelo

Quote from: Lion on March 12, 2016, 12:17:03 PM
Okay so I think this could be a good turning over of power in the Church.  I'll have to submit my character Lucian who can use this uprising as an excuse to turn power over to the Order of St. Agratha.

@Lion Didn't we talk at some point about Lucian kidnapping Olive? I would if that could be incorporated into this. (And maybe more reason for Wulfbauer's forces to join the fight - @Cambie).

Sorry for the multi-part reply. Catching up on all this thread little by little. :D .... Just kidding! Caught up more, and I see that Lucian is already occupied. I will finish reading this thread before responding again. Double :D

Lion

@pomelo Yes we did!  I need to comb through my PMs again to see exactly what I said.  This even would probably lead up to the kidnapping since Lucian would need to have a reason to seize power first.  Even if it's just cuz "I wanna"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Medievarad

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 10:36:58 PM
Quote from: Saber-Five on March 12, 2016, 03:56:33 PM

@Saber-Five  - seems good to me if it's good with @Heretic King !
I'll work on fleshing out the details and post it up just to clarify later, as I'm not sure our three characters will be in the same thread at first (as Artorias will be preoccupied elsewhere) -  probably in Reajh before he rushes off to Uthlyn. Although, it doesn't mean your character, Saber, might not also be in Reajh, first before following them to the craziness in Uthlyn!

Quote from: pomelo on March 12, 2016, 04:45:58 PM

@Cambie - maybe they get Krah by the end of this event? Presuming other craziness doesn't take place before that!

But yes... @Lion I believe has much plans for this >D

Quote from: GoblinFae on March 12, 2016, 10:29:04 PM

@GoblinFae -  At this point in the war, the uprising may not directly affect Hellvion, however, Melora may or may not be dead at this point, leaving the throne open to whomever gets to it first lol
A quick update to this point in the war (year ten)- the beginning of year ten is when the Duke of Hellvion dies, however, his WIFE, Duchess Melora, takes the throne for herself and more or less has a closed door policy with Hellvion and the rest of Connlaoth. She uses her new power and wealth to build a super ship she calls The Goddess to show the world she herself, is an able bodied player in this world of power. However, the same month it sets sail, it sinks in the ocean! So there is A LOT of fun plots for us to go over :D

Let me know your ideas by posting them here or in PM, goblins~
But Uthlyn is so far from Hellvion this specific event shouldn't affect that duchy since it's so far north
I'll keep an eye out for the post ^^

Tags: