Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lady and the fan (M) (Ruby Red)

Started by Mephistel, April 07, 2016, 05:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

She kindly smiled and nodded at the ''we all agreed on''. She had find herself a good deal and was really happy with it. Wether she would find her friend or not depended only on how strongly she would search for her, but somehow, she had the feeling they would meet again. Where exactly, she had no idea, but the first goal was set.

Listening to Irish's advice to stay safe, she nodded a little more seriously. She could handle a small fight, but she was far from being an experienced fighter and she knew if things got complicated, she would only get in the way.

-Got it, I'll be careful.-

She said. When he came to the ''boss'' thing she smirked. Wondering if indeed she should have him call her boss, but she shook her pretty head.

-No need, you can call me Merin, I don't like when things are too formal...-

She said. She tilted her head on the side, apparently relieved and happy from this. She couldn't contain how happy she was and when she was, she had the habit to physically show it, so she got up and hugged Soleil in her arms, then Irish and stood back ,bowing to them.

-Thank you!! Thank you very much! You have no idea how happy I am right now!-

Ruby Red

Both of Merin's newfound companions hug gently back once they realize what she's doing, both clearly happy themselves to have attained such a response. Friendly smiles adorning the whole group; Two heavily armed mercanaries and an exotic dancer. Irish drinks his last, a good chug of the remaining bits of his drink, then nudges the mug further away, down the table. "Alright Merin, what's our heading right now? Staying for the night?" Soleil looks out of the nearest window as he voiced his question, at the black expanse outside. "We could start out in the morning on whichever path you've planned. Before we do that though, you and I should probably sit down and talk that over too. Best to know where we're going and how."

Mephistel

Night had long fallen and Merin, despite her cheerful looking, was growing a bit tired. The performance had taken quite a lot out of her, but mostly because she hadn't rest so much from her last trip. She had barely arrived in the morning.

-Oh right...hmm...-

In all honesty, Merin wasn't so sure herself as to which path to take to get to Kunata. She looked troubled a bit. It wasn't her first time traveling but she hadn't gone all that far either and usually, it was lema who chose the road to take.

-I'm effraid...I don't really know how to get there...Usually, Lema would get a map or something...I don't even know if we can reach Kunata by foot or by boat...-

She admited, blushing a bit before her lack of knowledge. It was all good to talk about traveling, but she had no idea how to get there and she felt ashamed. She had gotten all excited alright, but this felt a bit of a let down on these two.

Ruby Red

"It's an island, as is this, so some of both. We're currently in Yoreiq at the moment, Kunata is part of Thanatos." Soleil glances up and down Merin, noticing her fatigue finally. "...We should sleep now and discuss the details in the morning. You look like you could use a good night's rest."

Irish slips off of his chair, "We usually get two rooms so it won't be weird, but Soleil and I can share for a bit... As in the floor and I can snuggle once more...." He meanders away after his mock 'woe is me' comment to fetch the innkeeper yet another time, this instance for renting the two rooms.

Soleil finally finds herself alone with Merin. Her thoughts immediately drift back to her previous objective, but by now it seemed redundant, and at a point where it might only make trouble instead of preventing a heartache. Faced with the unknown of whether or not Irish might continue flirting, she truly didn't know what to do. Soleil awkwardly sits in thought, leaving a few moment's silence to waft into the air.

Mephistel

Merin nodded slowly, a good night sleep would do wonder, but as Irish was mentioning he would sleep on the floor, she looked worried.

-Wouldn't that be bad? -

Of course she couldn't ask them to sleep together, since they apparently were not a couple, but maybe she could convince Soleil to sleep with her. She was used to sleep with Lema after all, she was like a sister to her, so, there had never been any troubles.

Turning to Soleil, she asked.

-I know this might be strange to ask but...wouldn't that settle things if you and me simply shared the same bed? So Richie can sleep in one as well? I wouldn't want to cause any discomfort either tough...-

She said in all honesty.

Ruby Red

Soleil grins upon hearing her refer to him as 'Richie', "His name is Ire Richly, but he hates his name, so he usually goes by Irish. Richie is just what I call him."

"I doubt you'd cause him any discomfort honestly." A shadow seems to cross her face for a moment, a web of bottled emotions towards her next thoughts. Soleil takes a breath, "Irish usually doesn't have to pay for his room, if you know what I mean. The few times we have had to bunk in the same one, he usually doesn't stay long for largely the same motive. That jibe about sleeping on the floor is only really true because he sneaks back in before morning, and I've already moved to the bed in the hours he leaves it barren. It's like a routine. I'm sure he knows that I know, it's hard to miss." She shakes her head, "He's lost a lot more than I have, I can't bring myself to fault him for any of it with those things in mind."

Mephistel

Merin nodded.

-I see..well, I've only heard you call him like that so I didn't knew!-

She said. As she heard her talking, she wasn't sure she understood, but it seemed like Irish wouldn't really need a room of his own. She tilt her head on the side and shrugged.

-Then I suppose it's fine...-

She let out another yawn, quickly putting her hand in front of her mouth, blushing a bit.

-ahh sorry...I guess I'm really more tired then I tought...-

She smiled a bit weakly at Soleil. It wasn't her place to put any judgment on them or what they did. She was already glad they would help her find her friend. She was just ready to head to bed for now.

Ruby Red

Irish returns at just the right moment, "Second and third rooms on the right-" he points to a branched hallway in one corner of the inn, "Take your pick ladies. I'll probably have one more drink before turning in." He sits down again as Soleil stands. She begins making her way through the inn and towards their accommodations, intent on having a look and possibly settling down. Irish still remains at the bar, tapping his fingers in waiting for service to pass by. Merin could obviously stay to conversate with Irish further, or follow Soleil's pace to their rooms. 

Mephistel

Merin was very tired from her day. The dancing was all fun and good and the latest deal she had made to find her friend had made her overjoyed. But the whole day was catching up to her, so she would rather go to sleep. There would be more occasions to talk, but before heading out with Soleil, she went to Irish and smiled at him.

-Thanks a lot, again! I'll be off to sleep then, good night!-

On that, she bowed slightly, her jewels tingling along as she ran a little to catch up to Soleil in order to see the rooms.

-I think I'll sleep like a log tonight! -

She said as she joined Soleil in front of the first room. It wasn't a palace, but it looked clean and warm. She smiled, entering the room.

Ruby Red

Irish waves her goodbye. He then cups his chin in his palm in apparent boredom, and watches Merin and Soleil leave.

Soleil smiles as Merin enters the first room. There wasn't really much more to say or do but plop down and lose themselves in dreams. "Well, I'll be just on the other side of this wall here-" she raps her knuckle against the wall to her left, "- not too far away in any event. Goodnight Miss Merin~" Soleil pulls the door gently so as to nearly close it, leaving a slight gap for the inn's ambient light to shine through. A few steps outside, Soleil moving to the second room, tell that she too was intent on rest.

Mephistel

Merin had taken back her stuff from the other room in order to move them to the new one. Everything could fit into one small bag, if put in correctly. She waved good-night to Soleil and headed to the small dresser, taking off the jewels one by one and putting them out of sight, inside the bag. After that, she quickly started to undress the few garment she had and slip into bed, under the covers.

She was smiling as she quickly fell asleep, keeping herself warm under the cover. One last look at the starry sky before closing her eyes. She would have a chance to find her friend, her dreams almost seemed like they weren't dreams anymore, almost as if they had become true...she was closer to them now and she was happy.

Ruby Red

Within the the hour of pleasant dreams and restful time spent, drinks were to be had down the hall. Irish was well at work nursing a few drinks, thinking to himself of the past, and of the future. They were still out there, a fact that haunted him this time of each passing day. Finding them was a difficult task, years in the making, but his leads were getting stronger, stories more clear. Soon enough, just a few more jobs' time maybe, and he'd have a clear destination. For now, it would have to wait. Irish had a new job to distract him, and a pleasant new boss.

Of that sort, he decided, he should probably stop wasting time and get some rest as well. Morning would come soon. Irish stands, pays his tab in the coins due, and wanders in the direction of their rooms. Soleil likely had already taken the bed, so he would snooze on the floor. Irish passes the first room, Merin's, without a word, his boots tapping against the wooden floorboards. A thought stays his feet, and he steps back in front of the door again with a much lighter step. Might as well make sure she was settled and fine, he thought. Not intending to wake her or take more than take a quick gander, he nudges the door slightly open. The inn's light wafts a few more inches wider, but not yet over Merin.

Mephistel

The young dancer was off to dreamland. She looked peaceful enough, while she was snuggling with the pillow, her head resting on the matress. From an outside point of view, it almost looked  as if she had a fight with the bed.

The cover were all swirl up around her, not covering much and the young girl wasn't wearing clothes when she slept except for a very light underwear. Her breathing was slow, showing she was deeply asleep.

Ruby Red

Irish pulls the door back again, this time fully closed. His tapped footsteps outside signal him heading off to bed himself. Waking Merin or being a total creep wasn't his goal at the moment, though he did feel a wave of lust upon seeing her like he did. Even with a few drinks under his belt, he could hold them well, and held enough self control and brains to know that it wasn't right to go any further, especially since he was technically working, unless she made the first move. So, in last place, Irish too heads off to rest.

Mephistel

Morning came knocking at the window with the ray of the sun shining bright in the small room. The young girl slowly opened her eyes as she felt the warm of the sun on her skin. She let go of a shiver as she regulate her body temperature and slowly stretch her still numb legs and arms. A yawn, some kick at the cover and she was trying to convince herself to get up.

Slowly remembering last night event, Merin smiled unconsciously and eventually found the will to leave the bed. It was one thing she always had a hard time with, mornings. Getting away from sleep wasn't all that easy for her. But it was already late as it is and the sun was already up. She got up, reaching for her casual clothes. The red kimono and the blue sash she passed over it at her waist.

Looking at the mirror she quickly placed her hair, got herself a peppermint to get rid of the morning breath and smiled. Putting on a few bracelets and making sure she looked alright, she exited the place and headed to the main room, where she started looking for Irish and Soleil.

Ruby Red

Finding one or the other again didn't turn out to be too difficult. One was, after all, sitting at the table just beside the hall's exit. Irish looks up as Merin passes, the table before him void of any drink, "Guess you really did sleep like a log. Soleil's out with the horses, she's likely already made her rounds for prepping. Oh, and good morning by the way, boss..."

Mephistel

She looked at Irish.

-Ah ah...well yeah...I suppose I did...good morning to you to!...don't call me boss, it's Merin...-

She chuckle a bit, then hearing about Soleil been already on the preparations, she opened her eyes widely.

-Ehhh!!! Already! -

She hadn't even had breakfast yet. These two were quite efficient. She blushed a bit, hopefully, she wouldn't be too much of a burden for them. She scratched the back of her head, smiling innocently.

-Then I'd better get ready...-

She said, heading toward the innkeeper to get something to eat, along with her pay from last night performance. She talk to him for a moment and he eventually gave her some food along with a small pouch, conceiling her hard made money from yesterday. The innkeeper didn't seemed too happy that she would be gone, since he had gotten a lot more customers then usual, thanks to her. She sat back at Irish table and started to it.

-Did you sleep well?-

Ruby Red

"Mm, fine I guess." He watches her eat away at her breakfast, at the slightly rushed pace after finding out Soleil was at work for a moment before continuing, "You know, if you're thinking you'll be a burden just because we woke up earlier, remember that... Well, you're wrong. You certainly won't be a burden, and we aren't leaving without you."

Mephistel

She stopped eating, swallowing up the bite she had just taken and blushed. She was so use to be told how to do thing...and if it wasn't fast enough or if she was not as good as the others, she would get punish. It seemed that bad habit of hers hadn't fade away. Always that little fear inside her.

She looked down at her food, her ears lowering.

-Sorry...-

She said. Of course they wouldn't leave her, would they, she was their employer, it would be weird to just leave their boss behind right. She shook her head, trying to regain her positive self and looked at Irish with a smile.

-Maybe I'm just a bit insecure since I've never really had anyone else beside Lema until today...-

She admitted softly. She returned to her breakfast, this time eating more casually, showing that she had more manners then an hungry bear.

-By the way...Soleil told me something weird yesterday...she said you didn't had to pay for your room...I don't understand....are you some sort of secret celebrity?-

She asked, tilting her head on the side.

Ruby Red

He frowns, confused as well. It's several moments of gears working away in Irish's head before he understands it himself. Still, how could Merin not see what she meant? It was obvious after a moment of sinking in, he thought. Irish looks away quickly, "Uhh, well, I guess you could say it's something like that..." He didn't know whether to honestly explain or not, or even how. He did, however, make a quick plan during the pause. "...Secret agent Irish, melting the ladies' hearts with the mere sight of my absolutely gorgeous hair-" He slicks back his hair, emphasizing the phrase. Exuding a cockiness, he finishes the movement by broadly smiling. "-and award winning smile~!"

Tags: