Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Crow would give her the time she needed to read the books. He was eager but not in a hurry and things like that took time. On his side, he had also a lot of things to take care of. And it was only a reminder of the examination he had to take the next day for his university.

But of course, he wouldn't let Risa empty handed. He had a few things in mind for her, but she had to finish the books first. He was now writing at a fast pace on some parchment . The sound of the scratching pen hitting the paper was the only sound around.

DragonSong

"Alright." Risa closed the last book with a sigh. She wasn't sure what time it was, but her vision was swimming. She hadn't really read everything, skimming a few chapters, but she thought she got the gist.

Mephistel

It was past noon already and diner was soon to be served. Crow was still writing, eventually looking her way.

-Are you done?-

He asked, tilting his messy head on the side. His deep black eyes locked onto the girl.

-If so, tell me which of them interested you the most?

DragonSong

"I, um...I'm not sure," Risa admitted. She bit her lip an glanced at the books. "I think...I'd like to just learn more. Be able to do more than shine a gem or shape metal."

Mephistel

He nodded.

-I understand that...then let's just begin with some exercises so you can get an idea...-

He got up, putting the parchment he was working on to the side and headed out, motioning for her to follow. They walked outside and into the gardens until they reach an opening. There wasn't much but a field. There wasn't even grass on the ground. He looked around for a moment then draw a circle on the ground, walk some more, drew another and eventually a third one.

Walking back, he started to chant and light came out of the circles, once it disapeared, 3 rocks of different size had appear. One was the size of a cat, the next one, the size of a mule and the last one was the size of a horse.

-These are earth elemental...don't worry, they are asleep and under my control...they won't attack you...but since your powers are related to earth...you should be able to move them without touching them...-

He said.

-Now then, let me give you a few advice, when using magic, it's often more natural when it comes to elements, there aren't real formulas...it's more like an instinct...so, concentrate on your task, use your hands to command your magic, eventually, you won't be needing them, but it helps sending the magic where it should...try with the small one...-

Crow said, taking a step back to give Risa some space.

DragonSong

Risa bit her lip and frowned. "O-okay."

She took a breath and held her hand out, focusing on the smallest rock. "Um...move?"

Nothing.

She closed her eyes, scowling with concentration now. "Move."

The rock wiggled slightly from side to side, but not much else happened. She dropped her hand and huffed out a breath, feeling surprisingly drained.

Mephistel

Crow observed the scene. He wasn't expecting much, despite the potential he had feel, it wasn't easy to get the right amount of magic nor to send the right flow trough. Tough, he still smiled.

-Not bad...you'll need to practice, but eventually you'll get the hang of it...-

He said, taking notes. He would need to find a way to release her inner power, it was probably just blocked a bit.

-Well then, for now, keep practicing...I'll be back in a few minutes...-

He said as he walked away.

DragonSong

"Oh. Um, okay." Risa watched him go, then turned her attention back to the rock. Furrowing her brow, she lifted her hand again and silently pleaded for it to move.

It took more effort than magic had ever required of her before, but she managed to get the thing to roll a few feet. Squeaking with excitement, she clapped her hands together and beamed.

"I did it! I actually did it!"

Mephistel

As she was practicing, she was approach by two tall young man, which looked a bit like Crow, but older and with much more muscles.

-So...Crow finally got himself a girl huh...?-

One of them said, looking at her from head to toes. The other one, who looked annoyed, tilt his head.

-I don't know...knowing him it's more like a toy...-

He said, grinning. The other one nodded.

-Probably....hey girlie...if I were you, I'd just leave Crow...nothing good will come out if you stay around him...he's just a freak...-

DragonSong

Risa blinked, concentration shattered, and took a moment to focus on the men in front of her. "U-um...I'm sorry, what? I don't understand..."

She took a step back, dropping her eyes to her feet. "Excuse me, I- I should go." She turned to leave, not sure where to go but wanting to get out of there.

Mephistel

-Ehh...look, you scared her!-

You could one of them say as you ran away. You escaped the two men, running somewhere, not really knowing your way around, you eventually bump into someone. Looking up, you find out that you just bumped into Crow, which was walking back.

-Eh...what's wrong? Why are you running like that?-

He asked, frowning a bit.

DragonSong

Oh thank goodness. Risa let out a relieved breath. "N-nothing, I just- I thought maybe I should go back inside," she mumbled, stumbling back a step and ducking her head again respectfully.

Mephistel

-What for? Didn't I told you to practice?-

He asked, tilting his head, then looking over the space where the earth elementals were. He could see the tall figure of his brothers, laughing their lungs out. He frowned, his eyes darkened a bit.

-Did you perhaps met with my brothers?-

DragonSong

"Your brothers?"

Oh. That made perfect sense, now that she thought about it. Risa blushed furiously. "I- I'm sorry, I didn't know. They just, um...they were talking, they mentioned you, and I got confused and-"

She cleared her throat awkwardly.

Mephistel

He raised an eyebrow as she looked at her.

-Well...maybe I should have told you beforehand...I also have a sister...-

He told her.

-I'm sure they were badmouthing me weren't they?-

He said. He saw that they were coming their way, he looked at them as his two older brothers approached.

-Hey...Crow...so, what are you gonna do to her heh? -

The younger of the two brother asked, with a mischievious smile. crow looked at him, a bit annoyed.

-Nothing...she is my assistant...-

DragonSong

While Risa may not be familiar with the etiquette involved in living in a place like this, she could pick up on the hints Crow's brothers were dropping. She blushed and fixed her eyes on her feet.

"H-hello again, sirs. Milords? It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," she said quietly, dipping into a curtsy. Please, please go away.

Mephistel

Crow put a hand on Risa shoulder, forcing her to stay up.

-No need to bow to them...they wouldn't even understand the curtsy anyway...-

He said. His brother grinned, looking down on him.

-My Crow...aren't you a bit harsh? Did you told her what happened to the last assistant you had?-

They started to laugh and Crow looked more irritated by the minute. His teeth grit and his eyebrow deeply furrowed.

-It was a total mess when they found the body! I think it's still missing some parts! -

They laughed again, then started to walk away, pinching their brother on the head as they passed by.

-Really missy, you should run while you can...before you know...ending up weird or....dead!-

They walked off. Risa could swear she saw steam coming out of Crow's ears. his hand was shaking a bit on her shoulder.

DragonSong

The younger mage's eyes widened and she looked quickly between Crow and his brothers.

They couldn't be serious, could they? It was just...stupid sibling stuff. She and Kenai got into little tiffs all the time.

But nothing like that. Eyes very round, she looked at Crow and was silent for several long moments.

"I, um...I moved the rock."

She winced. Why oh why was that the first thing to come out of her mouth?

Mephistel

Crow wasn't really happy right now, but he was doing his best to calmed down. Now why the hell did they had to tell her that! It was stupid, completely stupid...When she spoke, it took him out of his anger and he looked at her, surprised and even a bit confused.

-Oh...uhh...-

Was all he could say. His hand left her shoulder and he let himself fall to the ground, looking tired and annoyed as he pinch the rim of his nose, trying to gather his toughts.

-Sorry about that...-

He said slowly, eventually looking back at her after letting out a sigh.

-They are idiots, all in the muscles...nothing in the brain...but perhaps I should tell you a bit more about me...I...haven't exactly been clean with you...-

He said slowly, looking up at her and waiting for her response.

DragonSong

Very slowly, Risa lowered herself to the ground to sit beside him. She curved her legs to the side and rested her hands in her lap.

"Then tell me," she said softly.

If it was really that bad, she could always quit, right?