Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

As the girl arrived at the gate, she could see two guards waiting. They looked at her.

-Can we help you?-

One of them asked, frowning. They didn't seems all that friendly, but then again, they were guards. If she looked trough the fence, she could catch a glimpse of the thin young man, walking into the gardens.

DragonSong

"U-um..." Risa bit her lip and resisted the urge to shrink back away from the gate. "I- there was a young man in our shop a few days ago, he told me to come here if we- we got new stones in. I just-"

Her eyes flicked behind them and she breathed a tiny sigh of relief. "There. Him. That's..." Oh damn, she'd never gotten his name.

Mephistel

The guards looked at her, frowning, but they seemed to understand who she meant. One of them looked back into the garden, seeing Crow, he sighed.

-Of course...that would be the young master Crow...wait for a moment please...-

The guard opened the gate and went inside, walking up to his master, which looked over at the gate and gave a smile. He nodded to the guard, and he went back.

-Right...it seems the young master wishes to see you...go on...-

The guard said, letting her pass. Crow was waiting at the edge of the garden, his hands on his hips, his head tilt.

DragonSong

"O-oh. Thank you..." Risa tried for a small smile and crept warily through the gate an into the garden, looking around with wide, wondering eyes.

Stopping a few paces away from Crow, she ducked her head and murmured a respectful, "Hello again."

Mephistel

He smiled at her.

-Why hello! -

He answered back to her.

-Well, don't mind if we talk while walking, I have a lot to do...so, follow me will you...-

On that, he started walking again. He had been picking up flowers from the garden and the little basket he was carrying was full of them. He was heading straight toward the main house, which was  even more impressive from up close.

-I was wondering if you would actually show up!

DragonSong

"W-well..." Risa fell into step beside him and offered a small, hesitant smile. "We didn't actually get any new stones until this morning, so..."

She cleared her throat. "Um- milord?" Was that the proper way to address him? "Can I ask- you don't really care about our new opal shipment, do you?"

Mephistel

Crow wasn't really caring about title and other thing, but being called milord was always pleasant. While the girl asked another obvious question, he did answer.

-Not in the latest...the last opal worked well but it can't compare to raw material...really...-

He said as they entered the manor. It was huge, well decorated and well taken care off. Servants were roaming the place to keep it clean while Crow was moving fast along them to climb the stairs.

-Honestly, I was more interested in you then the rest of the shop...-

He said, not even looking at her once as they moved on along the corridors. Given less to no time for the girl to see the many protraits and statues along the way.

DragonSong

Risa was rather overwhelmed, trailing along behind him like a lost puppy. "Wait, what? Me?" She blinked at his back as he led her along. "But...why?"

Mephistel

He suddenly stopped, leaving her to bump into his back, well, more into the lot of clothes he was wearing, she could swear she hadn't even touch his body.

-So...you came without even realizing that? Well...I can't expect everyone to follow up with me now can I...?-

He said, then started to walk again, made a turned and enter into what look like a doctor's lab, with lot of strange equipment here and there.

-Don't touch anything will you...-

He put the flowers away into different basket then turned toward her, finally giving her a bit of attention.

-As I said, I can feel great potentiel in you...but it need to be refine, like how you make your jewels...and when I see something interesting I don't let them go that easily...-

DragonSong

Don't touch anything. Well that was just common sense, but she was still sorely tempted.

Then his words snapped Risa back to herself and she just stared at him in silence for a long moment. "You...want to...refine me?" she guessed slowly.

Mephistel

Well, at least it was starting to sink in.

-Yes...that's exactly that! -

But perhaps metaphor wasn't the girl's forte. Despite such a potentiel, he felt this would be quite the trouble to make her into a beautiful diamond.

-With that much in you, you can learn to do so many things! I mean, we're talking about magic! Aren't you curious about what you could do?-

He paused, turning around after putting something into one of the various tubes.

-Certainly, you can't be thinking of contenting yourself with the making of some...jewels right?-

DragonSong

"Well, I-" Risa frowned in thought.  "I am curious," she admitted after a moment. "But, I mean...there's nothing wrong with what I do. It's a good living, and Papa wants me to take over the shop..."

She didn't even sound convincing to herself.

Mephistel

Crow was far from being convince. For a normal person, sure, it was a good living, but for someone with magical potential, it was a complete waste and Crow wouldn't back off on that part. He shook his head slowly.

-Why don't I show you a little something...-

He walked toward the center of the room, motioning for the girl to follow. He kneeled down in front of a magical circle, many runes were written there. He lit up the few candles set around the circle with a flick of his hand and started chanting, his left hand on the circle, the other lift in mid air.

The circle lit itself up, at the center layed the small opal he had bought the day before. In an instant, there was a flash of light, the second after, a small creature was standing in the middle of the circle. It look like a very small a slightly chubby fairy with long dragonfly like wings. It's big red eyes were locked upon them.

-This is a lava fairy...and what I just did is called summoning...this is magic...-

He said, looking back at her.

DragonSong

"Oh!" Risa blinked, one hand flying up to cover her mouth. "But that's- I mean- I could never do that!" she protested. It was the first thing that popped into her head. "I'm just...I just make pretty things, that's all."

Mephistel

Crow frowned, sighing even more as he looked a bit exasperated.

-That's the wrong mind set!!-

He let out. His tone rising up a little. He calmed down, putting a hand in front of his eyes to gather his toughts and eventually looked back at the girl.

-Alright...of course you can't make it now...that's a given...but if you...became my assistant for exemple...I could train you to unlock your powers! -

He said, this time with a heavily forced smile.

DragonSong

She flinched back a bit when he shouted, dark eyes going round. She hadn't actually expected such emotion from this seemingly perpetually bored individual.

"B-but," she stammered out automatically. "What about the shop? I can't just leave."

Still, Risa couldn't deny that she was sorely tempted by the idea.

Mephistel

He had done whatever he could. He couldn't just force her down now could he. Well, probably he could but he wouldn't, that wasn't the goal here.

-Well..the offer is on the table...it's up to you now...-

He said, sighing. He took the small fairy and put it on his shoulder. The fiery little creature stood there without trying to escape.

-I'll accompany you back to the gate...-

He said, then starting to walk.

-So just think about it ok...-

DragonSong

"I will," Risa murmured, following after him. Her eyes fixed on the little fairy creature and she smiled slightly, waving at it.

Mephistel

The fairy waved back but did not motion to leave the young man's shoulder. They were back at the gate and he waved her good-bye. She was left on her own on the other side of the gate while Crow was walking away, back to the castle.

DragonSong

Risa waved distractedly, hesitating a few moments before she turned and made her way back home. Her mind was whirling, considering the possibilities.

She needed to talk to her father.

Tags: