Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The bird and the jewel maker (Dragonsong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Crow listened, taking notes and nodding.

-I see...seems like your powers are related to the earth... that is very interesting!-

He said, smiling this time. It was something rare for him to do so genuiely. He let out a small laugh. He hadn't had the chance to study the earth magic yet, this was a good occasion to do so.

-Good...good...I'll have to think up a few exercises for you...-

At that moment, a maid came and knock on the door.

-Young master...the young lady's room is ready...-

She said. Crow nodded and got up.

-Alright, let's settle you in...-

They walked back into the corridor and reach for a room. As they enter the room, Risa could see that it was very luxurious. The bed could probably welcome more then 5 persons in it. There was a small desk for her to work, a huge closet, a boudoir and a large window leading to a small balcony, there was a nice view into the gardens.

-It's right next to my room...so if you need something I won't be too far..-

He mentioned.

DragonSong

Risa's eyes widened. "Oh my-"

She shook her head, speechless for a moment, then exclaimed, "I- I can't accept this! It's too fine, sir. Really, I don't need all this..."

Mephistel

Crow sighed.

-I'm not gonna lower the standard of the room just because you can't accept it...just take it and stop complaining...-

He said, rolling his eyes.

-Settle yourself in and join me back at the lab...the room we were in before...I'll show you around the place after so you don't get lost...-

On that, he left her to settle in and walked back to his room.

DragonSong

Risa wanted to protest, but he had already gone. With a sigh, she unpacked her- now feeling very meager- belongings and tried to fix her hair a bit to make herself look slightly more presentable.

She made her way back to the lad, taking a few wrong turns along the way but eventually figuring out the proper path.

Mephistel

Once there, she could see Crow was working...again, on something else. He was mixing up some potions together while looking at an old book. It was crazy how he never stopped working. Did he ever took any rest?

-Oh, your back...good...-

He said, noticing her presence once more. He finished what he was doing and put the finished product away after labeling it properly.

-Alright...I'll be showing you around...follow me..-

He said. He then started to walk along the corridors. He hoped the girl would remember the different path. She would probably get use to it anyway. They visited the library, it was Crow's personal one and no one else was allowed in there but him and one of the few maid he trusted. She would require a key to enter and as her assistant, she would need to come and fetch some of the books from time to time.

after that, they went to the second lab, where most of the items, product and ingredients were store, that again, would be important to keep clean and in order. He then show her to the gardens, where flowers and other herbs were growing. He would show her how to take care of it and that it would be a good exercise to her power, since it is related to the earth.

They visited a few more place and eventually came back to the main study.

-Got it memorized?

He asked finally. It was already getting dark outside.

DragonSong

"Memorized?" Oh gods, probably not.

"Sure." Risa smiled brightly and gave him a quick nod. "What would you like me to do first, sir?"

Mephistel

A small growl coming from Crow's stomach reminded him that he hadn't eaten anything yet...it was already late and night was falling.

-...Err...-

He blushed a bit, coughing to cover up for his stomach growling.

-I think...that we should call it a day for now...-

He said slowly.

DragonSong

A slow smile spread across Risa's face. "Alright."

She bit her lip, then offered, "I'm not a great cook, but I could make something to eat if you'd like." For a moment she actually forgot that he probably had a flock of servants to make his meals.

Mephistel

-........-

He fell silent over the girl's offer, then smiled...and started to laugh. It was something to see him smile...but to actually see him laugh was even more rare. And tough one could have tought his laugh would be weird, it was actually quite a refreshing one. Honest and clear. Once he was done, he gave an amused look at the girl.

-Your offer is very...kind but, I'll have the cook make something for us...-

He went to the door and rang a bell. Not too long after, a maid came running.

-Yes master Crow?-
-Can you ask the cook to prepare something light to eat...and bring it to my room...for two people...-

The maid nodded and went away.

-Not that I don't trust your ''cooking'' abilities...but you are my assistant...not a servant, your place is not in the kitchen dear one...-

DragonSong

Risa blushed darkly. "O-oh. Right. Of course."

She ducked her head, thoroughly embarrassed. Glancing around, she started trying to straighten things up in a desperate attempt to cover it.

Mephistel

He was always so surprised to see how common folk were so eager to do these things. Crow was a very poor cook, despite all of his alchemic skills, making food was out of his reach. It either ended burnt or not edible. Even the cat refused to touch the food he made.

He had long given up on it. He sat at the small table and let out a sigh, his shoulders usually up, were lowered as he seemed to finally have calmed down from the bustling of the day. He didn't notice the embarassment of the girl as they simply waited for the food.

DragonSong

Risa's nervous energy was searching for something to do, but the lab was quite frankly impeccable. She turned in a slow circle, bit her lip, then admitted defeat with a shrug.

Unable to force herself to sit, she hovered beside her new employer. "Should I, um- is there something I can do while we wait?"

Mephistel

-...-

He stood silent for a moment, eventually looking at her as she looked so restless.

-Then...why don't you start by getting familiar with whats around...look but don't touch and try to memorize whats where...so you can fetch it for me if I ask for...hm...-

He suggested, putting his chin in the palm of his hand while tilting his head slightly.

DragonSong

"Um...okay."

Risa nodded and did just that, wandering around the room and acquainting herself with the various odds and ends.

"Where do you even get all this stuff?" she murmured wonderingly.

Mephistel

He looked at her wandering the lab. The room was a mixt between a medical lab, a library and a living room with many strange pots, herbs and pouch and other weird equipment.

-Here and there...Most of these herbs are grown in the gardens...stones are found on travels...or bought from merchants...-

He said. Half an hour later, the maid came back with two plate that she put on the table for them to eat, along with some tea to drink.

-Thank you...-

The maid nodded and went away.

DragonSong

The food smelled amazing. Risa's stomach growled quietly and she flushed, ducking her head.

Hesitantly, she slid herself onto a seat and waited. She should wait for Crow to eat first, right?

Mephistel

It was a light supper, seen how it was late and how they would surely soon be heading to bed. There was a salad with vegetables and fruits in it.  It looked fresh. On the side, a small plate with some chicken slices with hot sauce to dip them in. A variety of small salted biscuits to put in the hot vegetables soup was was going with everything.

Crow began with the soup, eating slowly. It was delicious, warm and quite tasty.

DragonSong

Risa dug in gratefully. She actually gave a small sound of appreciation at the taste of the food. While neither she nor her mother were exactly terrible cooks, they definitely couldn't accomplish something like this.

She sighed contentedly as she ate. Definitely not the worst job she could have taken.

Mephistel

Once the soup was done, he started eating the salad, mixing chicken slice in it. That was something else, but Crow was a slow eater, it took him twice the time he did to Risa for him to finish his meal.

Finally done, he push away the dishes and sighed.

-I suppose it's time to get to sleep...do you need me to show you to your room or you can find it on your own?

DragonSong

"Oh, I'm sure I can find it," Risa replied brightly. She stood and nodded to him again, then changed her mind and went with a slightly clumsy curtsy.