Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

It just felt like no matter what he would say, Calen just didn't wanted him at his side, and that broke his heart, his eyes suddenly turned empty and his head lowered, there was nothing he could do anymore, was there?

-......-

He stopped talking and fell silent, tears still running on his cheeks, but silent.

DragonSong

"Oh, Nyx..." He dipped to grasp the undine's chin and lift his face. "C'mon, don't do that. Oh, kid, please don't cry." He leaned in to kiss his forehead and wrapped him up in a tight hug.

Mephistel

Tears just keep running on his cheeks. What was he suppose to do now? Why was he suffering like that? He couldn't help it, he couldn't stop it, even if he was told to.

-I...can't help it...-

He said, his words struggling to get out. He felt miserable.

DragonSong

Calen let out a long breath, then wrapped his arms around Nyx's waist and lifted the undine off his feet in a hug. He turned his face into his neck with a sharp breath.

"...You really think you love me, don't you?"

Mephistel

-I don't think, I do! I know I do!-

He said, still crying, but holding on to Calen as he was lift off the ground, this warm, this man, no matter what he would say, he was the one, and the only one. This was one thing about beings like Nyx, undine, spirits and others more magical creatures, had a more deep idea of love, a one way of it. They could feel it. But that was something rare for two beings of different species to experience.

Nyx knew Calen was the one he loved, the one he wanted to be with, but was it the same for Calen? Would he be true to his feelings? Or would he listen to his head?

DragonSong

The mage groaned, clutching Nyx a little tighter. "Gods, kid," he murmured. "What are you doing to me."

He pulled away to see his face, cupping his cheeks between his palms. Then he let out a sharp breath and pulled the undine into a kiss.

Mephistel

Which was it? It was all so confusing for Nyx right now, he knew his own feelings. As he was pull into a kiss, he felt that same wave of warm washing over him and his heat skip a beat again. He kept sobbing for a moment, unsure of what that kiss meant.

DragonSong

"Shh, shh." Not sure what else to do, Calen peppered kisses over Nyx's nose and cheeks, wiping tears away with his thumbs. "It's okay," he murmured, rubbing one hand up and down his back. "IT's okay..."

Mephistel

Slowly, Nyx's sobbing came to a stop, he felt tired as he looked back up at Calen, eventually nuzzling his face against his chest and wrapping his arms around him into a hug.

-S...sorry...-

He said slowly, wiping the tears off his cheeks.

DragonSong

"No, don't. It's- it's not your fault." Calen sighed and let his cheek rest on top of his head. "None of this is your fault, kid. I'm- I'm so sorry..."

Mephistel

Nyx's sob had stopped, he let himself rest against Calen, he felt tired, as if all his tears had taken all his energy.

-I...just want to be with you...-

He said softly, holding on tightly to him.

DragonSong

"I-" Calen huffed out a breath, eyes closed. "I don't want to send you away, kid. It's killing me to see you hurting. But I care about you too much to do this to you, keep you out here where you could get hurt- or worse."

Mephistel

-But...getting hurt...is part of being alive...-

He said. He couldn't live like a bird in a golden cage, even in his river, there was no garantee he would always be safe. The river could dry, the lake could become polluted, he could be chase by other beast.

-Calen...my world...isn't as safe as you may think it is...be it here or there...I'll face danger, they just will not show in the same form...-

He spoke, calmly this time.

-But...if I'm with you...at the very least...I can be happy...-

DragonSong

That made him pause. Logically, he knew the undine was right.

But gods he wished he wasn't.

"Okay," he whispered after a few moments. "Okay, Nyx. I- I won't force you to do something you don't want." He leaned back to look at him and offered a small smile, reaching up to run his thumb over his cheek.

Mephistel

-But still...was this...the only reason you were pushing me away? You said...you care about me...do you...really do?-

He asked, lifting his eyes toward him. He wanted to be sure, because, if his feelings were true, and he knew they were, what about Calen's? He wanted to hear it, he needed to hear it.

DragonSong

"I..."

Calen let out a long breath. "Look, Nyx, it's a bit more...complicated for me, this whole...thing." He rested his forehead against the undine's. "I do care about you, kid. A lot. But I'm just sorta waiting for you to figure out you don't really- ya know. Love me."

Mephistel

-...-

He paused a moment, then looking back at him, frowning.

-How can you say that...how can you be so sure of my feelings? why is it that you want me to not love you so much?-

He asked, this time, there was anger in his voice. Was it so wrong to believe one's heart?

-There is nothing to figure out...I just know...is it so hard to believe?-

DragonSong

"Yeah, it is." Calen frowned at him. "Look, I get that you like me. Care about me. Whatever. But you've spent most of your life alone, of course you're going to jump at the first affection you get! And-"

He gritted his teeth and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm just...not good at this stuff, Nyx, alright?"

Mephistel

Nyx didn't knew what to say anymore. It was obvious, there was nothing he could do anymore, and it was painful. Of course he didn't knew any other, but it didn't mean it wasn't true. What was he suppose to do then?

-....-

He kept silent for a moment, his head down, trying to get his thoughts straight, but he didn't even know what to think about. How to react in this kind of situation? He clench his fist, looking back up at Calen.

-Then what am I to do?...-

DragonSong

He sighed again and gently ran his hand over the undine's hair. "I don't know, Nyx," Calen murmured, drawing him closer and laying his cheek against the top of his head. "I guess...for now, we get back on Gale and keep heading to Arca."