Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Nyx blushed heavily at the teasing. And it took him a good 2-3 minutes to get the pants on because his moves were slow and he had difficulties standing with his neck hurting so much. But eventually, he had the pants on and he was giving up on putting on the shirt. The pressure it would put on his neck was not exactly attractive to him.

-I think...I'm ready...-

He said, looking up at Calen.

DragonSong

"Alright." Calen gave him a reassuring smile and picked him up again, shouldering his pack as he did. "Put your arms around my neck," he encouraged. "It'll keep you more secure."

Mephistel

He did as told, passing his arms around the man's neck and holding on to him. Trying his best to contain the painful look he had on his face. He was glad to be light and not weight much, otherwise, he probably would have had to wait all alone here.

-Thank you...I'm really happy...-

He said, all honestly.

DragonSong

"Hey, no problem. Just try not to strain yourself, alright?" Calen said lightly, trying to keep his voice calm and casual as he set off.

It would be a couple hour walk to get to the nearest human settlement.

Mephistel

They had to walk trough the forest for a long while. Nyx stayed quiet for most of the road. He looked tired, even tough he wasn't walking and blood had started to show trough the bandage.

He eventually closed his eyes, resting his head on Calen's shoulder as he was carried in his arms. Until they finally came across a small village. It was nothing near a city, but it seemed lively. They got there when the sun was at his highest point in the sky.

DragonSong

Calen and Nyx got quite a few stares as they entered the town, but he ignored them.

"Hey." He flagged down the nearest person who looked like they might be useful- a woman putting her laundry out on a clothesline. "We need a healer, ma'am."

"Oh!" Her eyes widened and she nodded quickly. "Right this way." The woman led them to a smallish home toward the center of town and knocked on the door. "Darren? Some people out here need help."

He looked down at the younger man in his arms and offered an encouraging smile. "How ya doing, kid?"

Mephistel

Nyx head was still resting on his shoulder, but he was still conscious, he opened his eyes slowly.

-I'm ok...I think...-

He said. It still hurt and the bandage was now completely red, but Nyx was reassured by Calen presence and it was enough to encourage him at the moment.

-And...I'm...not a...kid...-

He added. He started coughing a bit and winced. His hand tighthened at Calen's clothe. He hoped that healer could help.

DragonSong

Calen's arms tightened around him a bit and he frowned in worry. "Sure you're not," he said easily, wiping the frown away and replacing it with an easy smile.

The healer- Darren- opened the door and took one look at them, then nodded. "Bring him in."

Calen followed him to a cot tucked into a corner of the small house and laid Nyx down carefully. The healer set to work, brisk and businesslike. "What happened?"

"Wolf bite."

Mephistel

When he left the warmth of Calen's arms, Nyx panicked a little, but he knew he was still close, right? His vision was a bit blurry and he had difficulty making out what was going on. He felt hands on his neck, taking off the bloodied bandages. The wound had re opened but at least it wasn't infected.

-It's deep...-

Darren said. He got to work, he would need to stitch it and quick, which he did as best he could, while Nyx was letting out tears of pain, trying to hold in the screams of pain that wanted to burst out of his lips.

-H..hurts!!...aaahh....*sob*...huuurt....-

He let out, shivering from the pain.

DragonSong

"Shhh, shhh." Calen took the undine's hand and squeezed lightly. "I know, but it's gonna be okay. Promise. You're okay. Shh..."

He continued murmuring soothing nonsense under his breath, watching the healer as he worked.

Mephistel

The healer was working quickly and was efficient, but there was just so much he could do with such a wound. He manage to close the wound finally and cleanse it before putting new bandages. Once that was done, he left the bed side and started mixing some ingredients together and put it in hot water, then made sure it was cold enough for the undine to drink it.

-Drink this...it should relieve the pain a bit...-

Nyx barely opened his eyes, unsure, but eventually drank it. Only reassured by Calen's words. The pain diminished and he closed his eyes again.

-He'll need to rest for a few days...I'm surprised he made it this far...he's not human is he...?

The healer asked Calen.

DragonSong

He shook his head, settling to perch on the edge of the cot. "No, he's not." He sighed and rubbed at the back of his neck, frowning down at Nyx.

Mephistel

The healer looked at Nyx for a long while, then eventually said.

-Well..I did what I could, all he can do is rest...I won't charge you for today...but you'll have to go to the inn...I don't have that much place either to treat other patients you understand...-

DragonSong

Calen frowned slightly. "Hey, look- can't I stay with him? Kid's pretty much alone without me, I think he'd get nervous."

He gestured to his pack and added, "I won't take up much room, I can just sleep on the floor or something. I don't mind paying."

Mephistel

The healer looked at him for a moment, then eventually sighed.

-Fine...as long as you don't make too much noise either...-

He added. He went away to take care of other patients. Nyx had fallen asleep, his breathing was a bit more regular then before and his expression show that he was less in pain.

DragonSong

Calen let out a sharp, relieved breath. "Thanks," he said with a smile and a nod, then set about rolling out his bedroll and collapsing back to- finally- get some sleep.

Mephistel

Days would pass. Nyx was sleeping, sometimes he looked in pain, but it quickly subdue thanks to the concoctions the doctor was making. Soon, the wound looked almost completely healed and Nyx was allowed to leave.

Sitting on the bed, he looked at Calen. He was happy and grateful to him for all he had done.

-Thanks for putting up with me...really, if there is anything I can do to repay you...-

He said, blushing a bit and looking at Calen with kindness and gratitude.

DragonSong

Calen spent the days Nyx was recovering in and out of the healer's home, performing odd jobs around the little village to earn some extra coin while he could.

Perching on the edge of the cot, he waved the undine off. "Don't worry about it, really. Just watch yourself from now on, okay?" He grinned and reached over to ruffle his hair.

Mephistel

The undine nodded slowly. He'd be more careful from now on. No more trying to fight wolves head on like this. He got up and stretched a bit. The healer had given him some spare bandage in case anything happened, but the wound was pretty much healed.

-Then...we can go back to traveling to the city right?-

He said, looking at Calen while he ruffled his hair. Somehow, he came to like it when he did that, it felt like some kind of affection. He didn't dare yet returned it, he wasn't sure if this was close enough or not.

DragonSong

He arched an eyebrow. "Yeah, sure. As long you're feeling up to it," Calen said as he stood. He held his hand out to Nyx. "What do you say, kid?"