Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Before starting...

Started by FlowyWolf, April 10, 2016, 10:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowyWolf

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum and, while creating my first character, I realized there were some things I needed to ask before to post it.
First thing is his origin. I thought to make a character who has lived in a small village in Connlaoth, near to Serendipity's border. So, I started searching through the forum for some place fitting my needs, but it seemed to me that anyone can create a village and put it where he needs. Am I right, or I simply missed something?
Then, I had another doubt. I wanted to create a character who, as I said, lived in Connlaoth, but I wanted him to run away from there and try to reach Serendipity, since he is a mage. Now, my question is, should I put him in the Connlaoth section, since he probably would be still there, or in the Wanderers section? And, if in the future I find some plot which could be good for my character that took place in Serendipity, can I assume he has reached it, or have I to wait to write how he managed to, or I can go on with another plot and then, when I got the chance, write about his escape?
I know they could seem stupid questions, but it's my first experience in a forum like this and I don't want to mess things up, sorry

visualspice

You are correct on all accounts! And as far as his profile goes, you can put it in either. The profile sections are really there for their origins or main place of play- so if you think he'll wander more around Serendipity or else in the world, I'd place him in Wanders; but no one will flog you either way :D

And if it helps, feel free to check out the map of the Connlaothian duchies found here:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.msg148390#msg148390
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

First off, you can just create a small town or village without moderator approval,just don't go creating a whole kingdom!

And you could say either Connlaoth or Serendipity, or Wanderers and Independents!  You could also, say, put him in Serendipity, but say he's from Connlaoth, and had traveled to Serendipity from there.

And here in SotE, everything runs on liquid time, so, as long as you keep track of the order your threads happen, chronologically, you can write them in any order you want.

And don't feel bad at all!  When I first started, I was so oblivious to everything I didn't even post in the Welcome Wagon!  To this day, I still haven't. . . I wonder if people even know me?  XD

Anyway, I hope this helps! :))
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

FlowyWolf

Really, thank you guys, you're making me things so much easier than I thought!
I think I'll follow visualspice's suggestion and put him in the wanderers section, probably it's the one which fits better.
And JackieCat, it's really good to me to know I'm not the only one who felt so out of line at the beginning, trust me, I needed a lot of time before to write my first post!
But again, I'm having a so warm response here, that I'm already feeling somewhat confident, so thanks again for your kindness!
if I may put to use your kindness, I have another doubt you could clarify to me. If I post my character's profile in the Wanderer's section, but then I decide to make him establish in another place, like Serendipity for example, should I move his sheet to its section? And am I allowed to do such kind of things?
Ok, now I should really have finished with my silly questions, again, sorry for the trouble!

Mephistel

I think you can simply change the information on the character's profile itself without having to move the post itself ^^

FlowyWolf

Ok, thanks Mephistel!
I think I'm good for now, thanks again for your kindness, I hope to RP with you as soon as possible!

Mephistel

No problem, and as said in your welcome thread, feel free to look at my characters if any catch your attention, if not, i'm always up for making new ones! ^^

visualspice

I can't wait to see what sort of adventures you'll get tangled up in :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Tags: