Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire's Ashes [Open] [M]

Started by Fukurou, May 07, 2016, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

OOC: tagging @Magyar

Connlaoth. Rylzyr hated Connlaoth. It would have been preferable to bypass this whole damn country, but supplies were running low and the horse needed a rest. Yet it had to be in Connlaoth, a place where magic could end you up on the chopping block, that they needed to stop in at.

Rylzyr sighed as he wondered around the streets of Reajh. People gave sideways glaces as the imposing figure walked past, but otherwise left him alone. Good. He didn't want to draw any more attention than he already does.

Suddenly, Rylzyr heard a small bell ringing in his head.

No Ixmie! Not here!

Rylzyr ducked into a back ally and hid the best he could behind a wall of crates. A cloud of smoke formed next to Rylzyr's head and slowly morphed into a small fox-like spirit. With a red orb clutched in it's paws, the fox merrily rolled around in circles.

"For fuck's sake Ixmie!" Rylzyr hissed at the spirit. "This isn't the time for this and you know that!"

Rylzyr popped his head over the crates, scanning the crowd for anyone that may have noticed him.

Magyar

Aohdei had been tending the horse, holding it by the reins and walking just behind the horned man in case they were found out and he needed to leave quickly. Connloath was not fond of magics or their users, and Aohdei was confident that the weathered traveller could defend himself if he were to come into danger.

Pushing past a beggar in tattered clothes and a woman who sniffed disdainfully when she looked at him, Aohdei watched up ahead for Rylzyr, walking twenty some feet in front of him. Suddenly, Rylzyr ducked into an alley, shoving his way through some bystanders to do so. Aohdei stopped cold in his tracks and cast a wary glance behind him, then at the direction from which Rylzyrhad fled. Connloath could be very dangerous, and he'd heard of Mordecai patrolling the streets ever since the Mage war had commenced. That would undeniably worsen the situation, and without his magic, Aphdei was nearly defenceless against an armed knight patrol.

After quickly scanning the street, Aohdei tugged on the horse's reins and followed Rylzyr into the alley, where he was just barely concealed behind some boxes. Aohdei positioned he horse so that he blocked the view of passers by, and rounded on Rylzyr. He saw there a small red fox with a faintly glowing org between it's paws somersaulting lazily through the air around Rylzyr's head.

"What in hell is happening?" Aohdei asked, confused and curious, a tinge of worry in his voice. Summoning something here was dangerous, much more so than usual, and it seemed hat his travelling partner had done so in the middle o a busy street at midday.

Sheshia

Sheshia looks up from the crowd having felt something is up. Her blue eyes looking around. She walks towards the ally way keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. She stops at the sight of a fox above someones head. The werecat stayed ready in case she needed to defend herself.

Fukurou

Rylzyr glanced up at Aodhei, irritation painting his face. He swiftly grabbed the orb from the fox and swatted at it, the spirit evaporating like smoke as his hand phased through it.

"Tch... impish little creature." A deep scowl cracked across Rylzyr's face as he closed his eyes and shook his head. "I sent her on an errand back in Hyoite. She appeared here on her own terms." Rylzyr ran a hand through his thick, white hair -- a habit he seemed to have whenever he was stressed or annoyed. "Did anyone notice...?" His eyes scanned the ally, locking in with a pair of catlike eyes. "Looks like we have company..."

Sheshia

The werecat stays quiet and tilts its head and walks toward Rylzyr. She reaches him and stays quiet her eyes cold, "You have a demon friend," she says in a bit of a thick accent. She smiles looking at the spot Aodhei staying quiet.

Fukurou

Rylzyr stood back up and crossed his arms, casting a long shadow down the ally as he towered over the two figures like a statue. His face maintained it's usual stony expression as his frigid eyes swept over the werecat. How perceptive.

Sheshia

She laughs, "It must be lonely sometimes, the poor thing. The names Sheshia. Don't worry dude, I won't hurt you, but my cat side might. If you give it a reason. Where you from?"

Magyar

"That's none of your business, and neither is where we're going, Catfolk." Aohdei cast a wary glance at Rylzyr, and flicked his head out of the alley, "No one else saw us. I advise a hasty exit, and not to mingle with this," at this he paused and wrinkled his nose towards the small humanoid, "Sort."

He mounted the horse and beckoned for Rylzyr to do the same.

Sheshia

Sheshia pets the horse, "Don't call me Catfolk. It's extremely offensive since I am not completely werecat. Im demon also and I did not like the way you treated my friend back there." Her long nails cuts the horses neck. It doesn't move at all. "What a pretty horse." She smiles and drives her fingers into it's neck. Blood spurts everywhere. "It's a shame really. I was looking forward to knowing you."

You had to see it

Mortum watched as the demon beckoned the others to leave. He was crouching behind a crate a good distance away and had yet to be seen. He had heard rumors of some sort of fire monster. Now that he had tracked the rumors to the source he waited for an opportunity to strike. The others however were a problem. He had the feeling the woman and the incredibly tall thing were bad news. Especially considering the tall one had just done some sort of summoning. At the same time however they could be unaware bystanders. That's when he saw blood. Mortum stood and ran towards the group, sword raised. No way were these guys just bystanders.

Fukurou

"Tch." Exasperation colored Rylzyr's eyes as he held a hand up to the gash on the horse's neck. The blood collected around his hand and started to weave its way in and out of the wound, temporarily closing the gash in attempt to buy the pair enough time to escape. "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't believe we've even met this 'friend' of yours." He climbed up on the horse. "You're pissing me off, cat."

His attention was pulled away from the werecat as a figure burst from behind the crates, rushing towards the group with his sword drawn. Rylzyr leaned in and hissed, "we don't have much time! Let's go!"

The half-alive horse snorted as it sped off into the busy streets. Pedestrians dove out of the way as they dashed through the city and headed towards the gates. Their time was ticking before this artificial lifeline would be severed.

You had to see it

"Son of a bitch"

Mortum swore when the summoner started to ride off. Mortum quickly ran after the horse before spotting one tied to a post. He sliced off the rope and got on. As he rode after the summoner he noticed the horse didn't have a wound. Great he's a healer too, Mortum thought. He looked to the gatekeepers before shouting.

"Close the damn gate!"

His armor was old but still recognizable as a soldier. They scurried towards the gate to try to block the summoner from leaving.

Sheshia

Sheshia smiles as she walks up to Rylzr, "After him too?" She looks at the soldiers closing the gate, "You know I would've killed him if you hadn't jumped in. The good news is that his horse isn't in good shape now and we know another one of his abilities." She sniffs the blood on her hand and licks it.

You had to see it

Mortum looked at the woman with confusion. How the hell did she get over here so fast? He looked at the blood covered hand and realized she had claws.

"Everybodies got a gimmick these days." he muttered.

"Listen, I don't know what your game is lady, but if you aren't gone by the time I'm done with the mage, your next."

He got off the horse and pointed his sword at her.

Sheshia

"I just wanna help you the more the merrier wouldn't you agree? After that I'm gone kay?" She lowers Mortums sword with her hand, "Your undead so I don't uave a bone to pick with you, since you know the thing I've been through also." Sheshia smiles.

Magyar

"Shit! They're closing the gate to the outer rim of the city!" Aohdei shouted over the whistling of the wind and the screams of people scrambling out of the way of the horse. He turned back to Rylzyr, and said more quietly, "Brace yourself, close your eyes and stop breathing for the next thirty seconds."

As they rapidly approached the great wooden gate, it's heavy oaken doors swinging ever closer together, Aohdei stretched out on of his hands, and began to concentrate. Over the last week or two he hadn't used his powers at all, but had been eating regularly, at least for him, and his, unique, diet provided him a power source if stored for long periods of time. He called upon that now, and a small ball of lava like flame began to form in his palm and rapidly expanded to the size of a small melon, now dripping superheated liquid and ashes onto the pavement and several others nearby. Flinging his arm like a whip he launched the lava ball at the gate as it closed shut, creating a small explosion and melting through the immediate area, blackening and setting fire to the rest.

They raced through the door, Aohdei boosting the flames with his own, effectively destroying the gate.
Aohdei called back to Rylzyr, "It's only a matter of time before-" the gate came crashing down around them, splitting from itself, timbers coming loose and falling to the ground, splintering and shattering like char, "Yeah, that. It should hold them for a while." As the horse galloped through the streets, Aohdei asked, "How long can you keep this up before the horse dies? I intend to leave this city alive, and headed south, not north and under guard."

Fukurou

"A couple of hours.... Hopefully." Surely, the guards will soon be coming after them and it was matter for time before the Mordecai would join in their pursuit.

Rylzyr took his dagger and slashed the palm of his hand, letting his blood hit the soil. With a short incantation the blood appeared to simmer and grow, morphing into two exact duplicates of the party. "Head off of the main road. The illusions will hopefully draw at least three quarters of the guardsmen away."

The sound of frantic hoof beats and angered voices burst from behind them and with a wave of his hand, the three parties split off into different directions.

Sheshia

The werecat smiles, "So your letting me help." She laughs and jumps up a down a bit, "That rocks!" She claps her hands a bit and settles down, "What's your name?"

You had to see it

Mortum was very tempted to throw the lady through a window. However his quarry today was unusually powerful and he didn't have much choice in the way of help.

"Fine, but after this is finished you have some questions to answer. Oh and I'm Mortum if you must know."

Mortum got back on the horse and started to make pursuit. He then noticed the city guard splitting up into 2 directions. He also noticed the riders they were pursuing had doubled. The tall one could do it all, Mortum thought bitterly.

"Is there any way you can track them cat?"

Sheshia

"Smell usually, but their clones scent is almost exactly the same and I don't wanna shift into the other me." Sheshia looks away, "The cat isn't the nicest needle in the pile."