Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire's Ashes [Open] [M]

Started by Fukurou, May 07, 2016, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You had to see it

"Well that's a risk we'll have to take, worst comes to worst you attack me and I incapacitate you."

To be honest he didn't know the cat's capabilities but Mortum had punched well above his weight class before. He still had to deal with the burning wreckage that was once a gate. He had fought beings such as pyromancer's and fire elemental's before but not many could manage lava. He took a few steps back from the gate, and ran directly into it shoulder first. While most of it merely budged he had forced an opening large enough for them to get through. Mortum then checked to make sure he wasn't on fire before saying,

"You coming cat?"

Sheshia

Sheshia nods and quickly shifts into her cat form which lashed it's tail and hisses as it walks thorough the gate.

Magyar

Gwynne stepped lightly around the smouldering ashes of what was at one point a southern gate, and listened half heartedly to the Gate Captain as he stared after the sooty hoof-prints webbing across the cobblestone for some twenty feet ahead of him.

"-and the Bounty Hunter went after them with a small girl, according to the men on watch."

"Yes, Boyle. Very good, thank you. Fetch my horse please." Gwynne asked, flicking his hand in the direction of his steed.

"At once, Sir." Boyle whispered, nearly intolerably as he bowed slightly towards the Mordecai.

Gwynne had been on patrol in the city, away from the lines of combat, but even guard duty had become dangerous. Still, this was an unexpected venture, a Mage, Demon, and Bounty Hunter all in the city while he was. Following through on his assignment, however unexpected, was his job though, and it seemed his excused leave from combat was to be cut short. Whistling, he called the other Mordecai interrogating civilians and gate guards around them.

Boyle had brought his horse, a Bay Stallion, bred for war. Mounting his horse, Gwynne looked back onto his now mounting squad, "Let's hunt us a mage!"

He galloped through the embers of the southern gate as the battle cry of the Mordecai went out into the evening, ringing in the streets.

-----------------------------------

In the outer ring of the City, Aohdei perked up, hearing a distant, and yet dangerously close noise, the sound of many Men's voices all raising at once.

"We must leave," he said frantically, turning back to Rylzyr. Slapping the reins harder against the horse and digging in his spurs, he whispered, more to himself than his companion, "No time, not this time. We must make haste."

You had to see it

As Mortum rode he heard more hooves hit the ground behind him. He looked behind to see the familiar site of Mordecai's joining the pursuit. Wonderful, thought Mortum, today was just going swimmingly. He felt his right arm twitch. He always did get a little strange when the Mordecai's were around. Their abilities affected whatever necromancy that was keeping him going. Good news is the demon and the summoner weren't getting away. Bad news is they probably weren't to keen on letting a man who broke through flaming wreckage despite having the frame of a stick go either. All he could do was hope all that armor tired out the horses. He took special note of the one leading the charge as he was carrying an extremely unfriendly hammer. That's when Mortum's leg decided it was a good time to kick the horse. The horse reared up and threw Mortum to the ground. Mortum tried to get up but was having some difficulty as his leg was still spasming. He looked up to see the Mordecai's riding towards him.

"Oh fuck me." Mortum breathed.

Sheshia

Sheshia looks behind her and her tail fluff up a bit at the site of the newest pursuit. "Mortum you okay." The werecat meows a bit approaching the struggling ally, "You need help or should I go ahead?" She keeps an eye on the approaching patrol with a bit of fire in her eyes.

Fukurou

Rylzyr, Rylzyr, Rylzyr... a deep voice purred in the mage's head as the pair cascaded through the city. You never cease to keep me entertained, now do you? The voice let out a small cackle as Rylzyr glanced back to see an army of men hot on their heels. The Mordecai are coming. What are you going to do when you're powerless? Fight with that silly little dagger? Heh... You're already a dead man. What a shame... And to think that I was having so much fun with our little.. partnership.

"Fuck," Ryzlyr hissed under his breath. With a flick of his wrist, the small fox spirit reappeared, nestled in Rylzyr's hair between his silver horns.

You think a silly little spirit like that will save you? How cute. Chuckling rang out from within Rylzyr's head, the sound of the voice becoming darker and more distorted. It doesn't have to end like this. You know what to do.

"Aodhei." Rylzyr leaned in closer to the demon, frustration dripping off his words. "If -- no -- when the Mordecai show up I'm afraid my magic will be of no use." He glanced back once more and quickly turned back to his companion. "However, I do believe a Mordecai's abilities cannot affect creatures of magic. I'd prefer to get out of here with as little violence as possible, but with that being said..." Rylzyr pushed up the sleeves of his jacket and shirt as far as they could go, revealing the runic carvings that covered the entirety of hit left arm. As he clenched his fist, the scars gave off a crimson glow. Smoke billowed out of the scars as blood trickled up his arm and gathered in his hands, forming a sticky orb that swirled with different hues of black and red. "I intend on getting out of here alive."

You had to see it

Mortum quickly looked to the cat then to the fleeing pair. Was that smoke coming from the mage thought Mortum? The two must be scared out of there minds now that some Mordecai's had showed up. Desperate magic users were never fun to deal with. At the same time heavily armed and armoured knights that made you go into fits every so often weren't exactly cheery either.

"Today is just not my day" He muttered. He pointed to the mage, "Look cat whatever he's doing, keep him from doing it until the Mordecai's get in range, then get away while they fight it out. Go!"

Of course it could be too late to stop the mage he thought bitterly. He looked toward the rushing figures. He suddenly had the most ridiculous idea he had ever thought of. At this point however he really had no time to think of anything else. He got up, quickly prayed that no bones would get broken, then threw himself under the Mordecai's horses when they were close enough to be unable to get out of the way. If he was alive it would have hurt like hell, but he wasn't and it was one of the few instances that he was thankful for that. If he could convince them that he was dead they might get off there horses. Or The horses might just trip as he's trampled.

Sheshia

The black and white cat nods and purple fire starts to come from her eyes, tail tip and claws. She charges at the mage and jumps onto the horses chest biting deep into it's chest and scratching it making her way up to it's back.

Magyar

Gwynne swore as the bounty hunter threw himself under the oncoming horses. His steed, Ballus, tripped over the man, and sent Gwynne flying to the cobblestones. Another of the Mordecai suffered the same fate, but the rest were sensible enough to either stop their horses or to slow them considerably.

"Captain?" One of his men called to him, preparing to dismount.

"No, Holt, stay put." Gwynne replied, waving a hand in response, "I'm fine. Check Ballus." Standing up, he brushed the dust from his armour and looked at the trampled body by his horse. "Is he dead?"

--------------------------
"What do you plan on doing?" Aohdei asked, twisting in the saddle to watch Rylzyr. Smoke stung his eyes and he felt deep within him a tug as the tunes on Rylzyr's arm began to glow. Suddenly the horse they were riding buckled and tripped, but then recovered. "We have very little time!" He warned, and then turning back to the street, murmured, "Very little time indeed..."

You had to see it

After the horses had stopped, Mortum laid as still as possible. It was more difficult then he thought since he was holding in laughter at the sight of Mordecai's hitting the cobblestone. It looked like he was next to the captains horse. His ruse however did not last as Mortum's right arm began to spasm yet again. Mortum wouldn't be able to get to his sword in time before the captains hammer reached his head, so he grasped at the captains leg and pulled hard. He quickly got to his feet, cautiously backing away.

"To answer your question captain, in a way, yes."

Sheshia

Sheshia finishes off the horse and turns her focus on the mage. Keeping her focus on her target as the horse takes its last breath. She pounces on the mage who screeches loudly as she pounces on his back sinking her teeth into the back of his neck.

Fukurou

Just as Sheshia pounced on Rylzyr, Ixmie sprang backwards. As she twisted and turned in the air, her tail split nine different ways and her body elongated. She landed gracefully like a feather, head held high at about 6 feet from paw to ear. Ixmie dropped low to the ground and lunged at the werecat, biting into her neck and tearing her away from the mage. She leaped back into the air and flung the werecat across the street and into a building. As she hit the brick wall with a dull thud, Ixmie rushed at her with blue flames trailing out of her mouth.

Rylzyr pushed himself off the ground, right hand covering the wound on his neck and left still clutching the pulsating orb. "Ixmie!" He shouted. "Do not kill her!"

The fox stopped in her tracks and glowered at the werecat, blue flames still billowing out of her mouth.

Rylzyr turned to his companion. "Hopefully nothing," he sputtered as a drop of blood dripped out of his nose. He turned to face the crowd. A wall of soldiers stood ready to attack on command, eyeing the pair as the brandished their weapons. "Stop," Rylzyr shouted. He knew this was a long shot, but it was worth a try. "I do not wish to kill anyone. We simply wish to leave Connlaoth and never return." His haggard eyes swept over the crowd and he breathed heavily. He looked very much like a cornered animal; fear, desperation, and indignation painted his face. "Please, just let us go peacefully." Rylzyr coughed into his hand, blood spurting out of his mouth. Why did it have to come to this? "But I'm warning you..." Deep thudding filled the air as the orb pulsated like a heart. All the blood from his wounds, including the blood from the bite, formed a sticky crimson web that fed into the orb, drawing life-force and energy out of the mage. "Do not force my hand."

Sheshia

Sheshia gets up and shakes her head her tail lashing as the fire around her paws and eyes increase. "Prey is prey." She stops and looks at  Ixmie, "Demon too huh? Demons killed my family with a plague, they must die." The werecat smiles as she listens to Rylzr carefully while keeping an eye on Ixmie as she carefully walks towards Rylzr.

Magyar

"Damn it!" Gwynne just managed to slip out an oath before he hit the ground, and the corpse man got to his feet, and responded. "What in God's name-"

"Back witch!" Holt cried out, swinging his mount pike at the old soldier. "I'll flay you if you step closer to the Captain!"

Gwynne glanced at his second in command, and then at the bounty hunter he had just run down. Rolling up into an attack position, he used his momentum to launch himself head first at the Living Dead, and rammed his helm into his breastplate. His weight, size, and momentum carried them both to the ground, and before he did anything else, Gwynne short handed his hammer, gripping it just below the head, and and raised his arm as if to strike. Holding it there, he spoke up, fully aware of the Mordecai around them unsheathing their weapons.

Quietly, just under his breath, and trying for all hell to be menacing, he snarled, "Help me help you. You are not my quarry, and my quarry is escaping at worrying speed. Tell your cat to back off, and I'll let you go free once we capture the Mage and the demon. If you don't, we'll impale you, and display you still bleeding on the city walls for all to see."

---------------------------

Aohdei heard the cat and the fox jump off of the horse, and felt it too. The Horse was dying alarmingly fast, and their situation decaying just as quickly. Blood flecks sprayed onto the side of his face and he found himself extremely afraid.

The wall of soldiers were holding back civilians, and if he or Rylzyr were to launch any sort of projectile into the crowd, there would be unintended casualties. His flames were now much weaker, at least until he consumed more souls, but even then, he could scare the people while Rylzyr killed them. Alternatively, if they fought their way out, they would be hunted through Connlaoth. Pursued endlessly by Mordecai, or imprisoned by them.

Aohdei twisted in his seat and stared at Rylzyr. In a low voice, he said, "Do what you must."

You had to see it

That hammer really was mean looking, Mortum thought, staring at the large weapon. He quickly gauged the situation. The demon and the mage had both gotten some distance on him now. The cat was unlikely to be able to take both of them. And while mortum would be able to at least throw the captain off of him, he doubted he could take all the Mordecai on by himself. He would have to swallow his pride on this one. Mortum put on his best fearless voice and said,

"As humorous as it would be to see you try you're correct. Now if you could please get off of me captain."

Fukurou

Rylzyr looked over at his companion and gave him a short nod. He turned his attention back to the line of soldiers, surveying them with heavy eyes. Pedestrians hung around, peaking through the line of armed men with curiosity and fear in their eyes. Soldiers frantically barked orders back and forth as they tentatively assessed the situation at hand. The sound of the crowd dimmed as Rylzyr bit his lip and clamped his eyes shut. Why did it have to come to this? He hated meaningless death and wished to avoid it at all cost, but today.... No. There will be no meaningless death. No matter what it takes I must stay in control.

Rylzyr took in a sharp breath as his eyes shot open, gleaming with determination. The sound of shattering glass rang through the air as he clenched his fist and destroyed the orb-shaped piece of soul in his hands. His eyes rolled up in his head as he let out a muffled scream and fell off of the dying horse. A searing embrace weaved up his left arm and engulfed the entirety of the left side of his body, covering him in a thick, shadowy armor. Rylzyr clutched his throbbing head as he curled up onto the floor, writhing is agony as he felt his insides twist and his bones bend. With a loud crack, leathery black wings burst from his back. The creature that was once Rylzyr pushed himself up from the ground and surveyed the crowd with insanity in their eyes. The X'zyri mage's features remained in tact on the right side of his body, with his ruby eye darting around the crowd in a desperate manner, but on the left half was a mutated abomination. Sharp draconic features jutted out from the left side of his face as a rugged, twisted smile pulled back nearly to their temple. The runes all but disappeared under the muscular, scaly arm of the abomination, ending in sharp, ebony talons. Two pairs of orange glowing eyes gleamed with hunger as the creature lashed its massive tail around.

The abomination chuckled as it rolled their shoulders and cracked their neck. "Silly mortals," the abomination purred. Two tones, the sound of Rylzyr's voice and the gravely voice of the demon's, merged into one. "You should should have listened to your warning." A sinister smile cracked the abomination's face as they lowered their stance, licking their jowls as a black fire spread over their arms. "I am so very hungry."

Sheshia

Sheshia hisses and flattens her ears taking a few steps back. "He is a lot better in his other form!" Her tail lashes as she looks at Mortum with questioning eyes. "What should we do!?" The werecat starts to look for possible escape routes incase she needed to run keeping herself ready incase she needed to dodge a attack. She licks her mouth still tasting blood.

Magyar

"Yes, of course." The captain replied, pushing himself off of his catch with the butt end of his hammer. Mounting another of his company's horse, he signalled to ride, "Hurry up now Bounty Hunter!" 

The horse, followed by others bred to do the same, galloped furiously into danger, it's hooves scraping harshly against the cobblestone. Gwynne had seen horrors, but the demonic beast that now lay several hundred meters before him was a first, and he felt an unwelcome pang of fear as they neared it.

"I sincerely hope I don't get killed doing this." He muttered to himself.

----------------------------

Aohdei didn't spare his time watching his travelling companion transform, although he heard it, and winced at the voice. More importantly, he knew what he needed to do with the recently deceased horse. As Rylzyr held the gaze of the crowd, Aohdei ripped into the space between the ribs of the mare, and brought his boot down between them. His foot slid through the now large hole in the mare's chest, and he slid his hands to the wrist in with it. Straining tremendously, he snapped bone and tore flesh, spraying blood on himself and the pave-stones. Fishing around inside the chest cavity, he found what he was looking for, and brutally ripped out the heart of the horse. Biting deep into it, he felt the lingering soul feed him.

If he needed to fight, he now would be able to, and he turned his attention to the most annoying werecat.
"Let's play, kitty!" He called, eyes wide in bloodlust, and deep crimson dripping down his chin. Fire sprang to life in his hands, and began to dance between his fingers and up his arms. Snarling, he called again, "Cats always taste better roasted."

You had to see it

The situation just seemed to continue escalating without end. The mage transformed into a demon, the fiery bastard had recharged, and now gawking civilians were making themselves a target. Mortum got on his horse, following the Mordecai's. He needed to get there attention as he was the least likely to get hurt. He shouted

"Are you two done with the dramatic threats? Good, I have other things to do today."

He drew his sword as he said this. Hopefully that armor has chinks he thought looking towards the former mage.

Fukurou

"Huh?" The abomination turned to Mortum. The look of desperation on Rylzyr's half of the face contrasted sharply against the savage appearance of the demon as he eyed the man before him.