Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

That hit her like a physical blow, a punch in the gut, and she staggered back.

She just couldn't hold it in anymore, and tears that were a mix of rage and grief began spilling down her cheeks.

"You're right," she spat. "You don't know me. I did this to save them, I did everything I could! And now- and now..."

She put her back to him and burried her face in her hands, shoulders shaking with repressed sobs. It was a pointless gesture, but she did her best to keep her face hidden from him.

visualspice

If he 'prince' was surprised before to be catapulted unwillingly (and unknowingly) into this sort of a world, and was surprised to have fallen so unceremoniously into a strange woman like this, he was completely confused and in shock when she started sobbing.

And something twisted deep within him that made him growl, and he couldn't help himself but snap out, "Why are you crying?"
But his harsh words only made that twisting feeling inside him worse.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She took a few deep breaths in an effort to pull herself together. She didn't feel confident enough to face him again, so she swiped at her eyes and answered haltingly, "Because I'm sad."

Another sniffle and she did turn, eyes downcast. "Forgive my outburst. I... There is a lot of information I am trying to digest very quickly. But that is not excuse- I was rude to you and I'm sorry."

In a few moments she was the elegant princess again, hands clasped in front of her body, though now her eyes were red-rimmed  and hopelessly sad.

visualspice

And Ehvren had NO idea how to respond to THAT change. His face skewed as he just stared at her, slack jawed and feeling numb and... (not that he'd admit it) 'dumb'.

"What? You start attacking me with words and NOW you want to apologize!?" He continued to bristle. "Next you'll blame it on being sad." He was so upset, and he couldn't figure out WHY. "I hate being sad! It's... it's useless." He glared at her. "Stop being useless and and..."

And what?

He hadn't a clue to what to say. He was just as confused as she was.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona felt her anger and magic stirring again, but she stamped it down.

"Very well." Her tone and expression were carefully blank. "You are lost, yes? I can guide you out of here."

Well...she hoped.

visualspice

Ehvren made a look of pure disgust.
"You? I'd have better luck finding my way out by following a burned toad." He shook his head and finally stood up. "I'm going to find my own way out of this decaying hole."

DragonSong

She sighed and met his eyes exasperatedly. "You don't know where you are, and this place can be a maze of you are unused to its walls."

visualspice

"And you look as lost as I do! Lady, if anything, having just stumbled upon you I think you're just crazy! This is not a home! Nobody with enough sense would stay around here! And you look even more confused than me!" He shook his head and took a step away.
"No, no.. I'm finding my own way out of here!"

DragonSong

Ilona sighed again and waved a hand at him. "Very well, do as you like. But at least tell me which direction you came from where the snows have lessened."

Hopefully a little magic would keep her warm until she could get further south or find some proper clothes.

visualspice

What kind of question was that!?
"I told you the direction! I fell from the bloody ceiling!" Was this woman for real? She made his skin crawl and was driving him crazy, and he had only met her for less than ten minutes!
"If you want to crawl up there, be my guest!"
THough part of him wondered if he shouldn't try it.

DragonSong

She blinked at him, evidently genuinely surprised that he seemed confused by her question. "No- before that," she tried to explain. "Before you came to the palace."

She caught herself and corrected, a little bitterly, "The ruins. This land, if you will. Where did you come from?"

visualspice

"Before? What? You mean when I traveled through that and of white ash and cold?"

DragonSong

There it was again. "White Ash". She shook her head.

"No, I mean- before that. Unless...you aren't from the tundra, are you?"

No one had lived so far north in her time, at least not enough people for anyone to claim to be a prince of the land.

visualspice

He crinkled his nose.
"What? Why would I be from the tundra?"
Not that he even knew what the tundra was! But the idea made him even more upset, and it showed.

DragonSong

She frowned, completely confused by this strange man.

"I don't know, I just assumed, with the way you talk about how you got here." She shook her head. "Never mind. Where are you from then? I- I need to move south."

If any of her people survived, surely they would be in that direction.

visualspice

"Okay, then go south!" he didn't know why she even bothered talking to him! As if he could help her. But of course, he found himself floundering as he tried to consider where HE was from, when finally he looked away and growled, "I... don't know."
And that made him even more angry that he himself as just as confused as this woman before him!

DragonSong

She blinked. "You don't know?"

A moment of silence. Then she sighed and murmured, "Then what harm is there in us attempting to travel south together?"

He wasn't exactly a personable sort of companion, but she knew it would be safer than traveling alone.

visualspice

Ehvren turned to her, fury on his face. But his tongue was tied as he felt himself shake, body nearly ready to burst at the answer when something dropped down from the ceiling. It looked like a living pile of bones.

"What the Hell is that?"
And before he knew it, it was lunging at the girl- and he? Somehow he found a sword in his hand as he leapt clean after it, roaring angrily and shattering it's bone body in half. The creature more or less toppled into a useless heap, it's body eventually puffing into 'ash', leaving Ehvren standing there, just as confused as he was but a moment before.

And before he could even say something, two more of those bone creatures appeared behind Ilona and reached out for her with their wicked, bone fingers.

What the hell was going on!?
And why was he so quick to rush up there and drag the girl clean out of the fray? The bone men seemed easy enoguh to beat, they were just a little unnerving, but as he batted them off of her with his sword, he grabbed her by the wrist and yelled, "Why are you just standing there? Run!"
Because there wasn't just a few bones ready to fight them, a dozen more began to jump down from the hole in the ceiling!

DragonSong

Ilona's eyes widened and she froze, shocked motionless.

Then suddenly the- the thing was gone, Ehvren standing there with a sword in his hand.

Oh no. Oh no no no. She clenched her fists, body shaking as her mind began to race.

Her magic. Was this her fault. Had she created these things?

Then they were grabbing at her and she snapped out of her paralysis with a scream, lunging forward as Ehvren fought the things off.

He didn't need to tell her twice. Twisting her wrist in his hold to grab his hand, she bolted for the door, barely touching it before the rotted wood groaned and gave way. "This way, hurry!" she shouted, taking off down what had once been a hall but was now more of a half collapsed tunnel.

visualspice

Ehvren didn't ask questions as he followed her, well... not at first but soon he was!
"I thought you didn't know where we are so where are you leading us!?" And he made sure to add, "And it better not be to more of those walking bones!"

Tags: