Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Will there be Stories? (KingTyrant)

Started by JackieCat, June 20, 2016, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"Not exactly. . ."

Flordia was not surprised by the temple, or it's appearance.  She had been to one or two like places in her life, on the few excursions her and her parents took outside of the castle.  Those short travels were so she could 'better understand her people' by seeing where they lived and how.  But 'seeing where they lived' usually meant riding in a carriage past several cottages, hardly even slowing, let alone stopping so she could actually meet the people she was supposed to be ruling some day.

She did as Leon instructed and followed him carefully into the temple, when he seemed sure that it was empty, Flordia walked up to the alter, looking up at the carvings and the pulsing light.  "Even after all this time, the magic's still here," she said.

She sat down a few feet from Leon as he pulled out his drink.  ""Even though the temple is long abandoned, the spirits are still here," she said to him.  She didn't know if he's really care about the history of the temples, or if he even already knew, but she needed to distract herself, if only for a moment.  "They don't care that this place is in ruins, they didn't come to the temple when it was built." She looked around the stone room.  "They were here long before this kingdom even was.  The temple was built because the spirits were here, to worship them, partially, but also, and mostly, with the hope to gain their favor and reap some of the benefits that came along with having spirits not hate you."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon listened to her go on about the spirits, still taking swigs from his drink as he allowed her to distract herself. Perhaps such a practice would drown out the fear of a dagger in her back... But if he was to be honest, he was only half-listening, somewhat because religious affairs weren't of any real interest to him, and also because he needed his ears so he could listen out for any odd sounds.

Once she was done, he scoffed, shaking his head. "Not too big a fan of ghosts, kid... The whole, 'spirit' business gives me the creeps." He explained simply, pausing as he heard a distant shouting from outside. They were quite far from the main road... Out in the deep forest, as a matter of fact. Who was all the way out here, shouting? It wasn't a distressed shouting, either. More like someone calling for someone.

Leon cast an odd glance at Flordia, before looking back towards the front door with narrowed eyes. As the shouting got closer, Leon was better able to pick out a voice. And he knew that pretentious, snotty tone from anywhere. Edwin. "Flordia! Flordia!" Leon heard the name more clearly, that of which belonging to the girl he was supposed to protect. Giving a growl, he stood slowly, grabbing his sword and shield. "Stay here... Something's not right..."

Leon had that same pit in his stomach he got every now and then. It was a feeling he got when he was certain that he was walking headfirst into a trap. Why was Edwin all the way out here, instead of dealing with matters in the castle, regarding the assassin's whereabouts? And if the killer had been caught, why was he out here retrieving them alone? Now that he was so close, Leon could pick out only his scent. No others.

He walked towards the doors, almost expecting Flordia to come prancing up behind as soon as the opportunity was ripe. Perhaps her curiosity was admirable, but it was also something that could easily prove to be her downfall. With that in mind, he hoped she'd be smart enough to stay behind. Just this once. Upon reaching the doors, which were still just slightly cracked, he peeked out to see if he could spot the guard captain.

Twilight was looming over the forest at this point, the sky a mix of pink and purple, with stars beginning to twinkle directly above. "Flordia! Your Majesty, come out, please!" His voice rang out once more. At that moment, Leon saw Edwin storm from behind a shrub, out into the open. He looked stressed. Frustrated. So much so that his shortsword was in hand, the man holding it with an iron grip. He looked from side-to-side, lips pursed as his arms began to tremble angrily.

Leon watched as the elven man shouted in anger, throwing the sword, which stuck into the ground about ten feet to one side. At this point, Leon was happy he had hid the horse behind a band of trees nearby. Out of sight, just for occasions like this. "Damn... Everything's ruined!" He snarled, Leon raising a brow in confusion. Suddenly, Edwin paused, turning slowly and pointing towards somebody just barely out of view. "You..." He watched as Edwin gritted his teeth. "This is your fault!"

Just moments later, another figure stepped in, this one too odd-looking for Leon to even comprehend. Dressed in colorful, jester-like attire, he at first didn't take the newcomer seriously, what with his hat of long, belled tendrils and curled, bell-tipped shoes. However, it became very clear very soon that he was dealing with a real threat here, as soon as he saw the belt around his waist, outfitted with two pepperbox pistols and twin daggers.

Along a thigh, a bandolier of throwing knives sat, a satchel hanging off the side of the belt carrying gods know what... His exposed arms were a olive green color, leading Leon to believe that he was orcish in nature. However, above all, the thing that made this newcomer stand out most was the porcelain mask which covered his face, stylized as a comedy mask for plays, the eyes nothing more than black pits and the creepy grin stretching ear-to-ear. Whatever true emotion this person was showing, it was completely disguised.

"If it wasn't for your hesitancy, I'd be a prince right about now! If it wasn't for your poorly-placed traps, that snot-nosed brat would be good and dead! If it wasn't for that stunt with Nalda, she and that disgusting Adelan wouldn't have had a chance to escape! You're ruined everything!" Leon watched as Edwin proceeded to verbally attack the jester-clad figure, walking up and poking his chest. "You rat bastard... She was a friend! An associate! Her death wasn't in the contract! You're fired! You're... Gah!" Edwin wasn't able to find the words to express his anger, reeling back for a punch.

As soon as the fist came careening towards the jester's face, he caught it in a big, green hand, which proceeded to crush down on Edwin's much smaller fist. Edwin's expression filled with pain, grunting as he attempted to pull away. "Your contract means dirt to me." The jester finally spoke, his voice booming. "You came to me to get rid of an unfit heir. You claimed you had your kingdom's best interests in mind. Clearly, you're a fraud." He continued, baring down even harder, almost sending Edwin to a knee. "You're power-hungry. Deceitful. You played me like a violin, and I'm fed up."

Leon watched as the jester drew one of the pistols, pulling back the hammer threateningly as he held it up by his head. "You never seemed to care to tell me about the bodyguard, or the fact that he's a damned lycan. That's your fault. Not mine." He growled. Edwin's eyes widened in surprise at this, as well as Leon's. How did he know...? "Your friend took a late night stroll and caught me. She could've jeopardized my mission. That was her fault. Not. Mine." He growled a bit louder. At this point, Edwin was visibly terrified.

"You seem to think I exist to be your henchman... Let's get one thing straight, elf... I'd rather be eaten by wolves than serve you. Your position in the castle makes no difference to me. I'm not here for you. I'm here to kill the girl. Got me?" The jester asked, Edwin gulping a bit. Before he could nod, the jester began talking again. "That punch you just took tells me you know nothing of respect. So... Here's what I have in mind..." He yanked Edwin in, gripping him by the upper arm and placing the barrel to his diaphragm. "I'll teach you a lesson in respect. And mortality. Say hi to your friend for me."

Before Leon could act, there was a loud pow, accompanied by a flash of light and a plume of white smoke. A gush of blood shot out from Edwin's back, the man's jaws agape in visible pain. This didn't last long, however, as Edwin fell onto his back soon after, motionless. Leon swore under his breath, backing up and silently drawing his sword. Looking back towards Flordia, he gritted his teeth. "Hide!" He hissed quietly. The jester-like figure looked towards the sanctuary, aiming his pepperbox. "I know you're in there." He took a shot, which pinged off the iron door.

JackieCat

Flordia stayed back when Leon told her too, but she could hear the happenings outside quite well, her elf ear picking up every word.

Edwin?  Edwin had been behind it the whole time?  And who was the being he was speaking to. . ?

Flordia's thoughts were cut short as the being's words turned to a farewell, and Flordia knew what was going to happen before it did.

The bang shook her to the bone, but she didn't have time to think about it, for she heard Leon speak, and her eyes darted around for someplace to hide.

Her eyes fell upon the crumbled remains of a pillar just as the being outside spoke, and another gunshot rang out.

She ran for the pile of debris, and climbed within them, shielding herself from the surrounding room.

The pillar was only a few yards from the door, Flordia noted, her common sense slicing past her fear, so if she needed to make a run for it she would't be cornered in the building.

She kept her head down, but listened as hard as she could for the being, hoping that she could pinpoint his location and what he was doing by sound.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon flinched at the sound, rushing to the center of the sanctuary, a good distance from the door. He planted the pointed end of his shield into the floor, crouching so most of his body, the vital organs at least, were protected. Within seconds, the jester entered the sanctuary, lifting his other pepperbox and taking a shot at the standing shield in front of him without much thought.

The impact was enough to make Leon fall back, the bullet leaving a nice dent in his shield. As his back hit the floor, he let out a grunt of pain, almost unsure of what hit him. Fearing another shot, he quickly rolled to his feet and lifted his shield again, sword held by his side as he stayed on the defense. "So... You're the princess' last line of protection, hmm? An Adelan dog." With that, he chuckled a bit. "This will be easy. Too easy."

The jester suddenly holstered his pepperboxes, crouching and pulling out a few throwing knives. He threw them, the oddly-shaped blades of each causing them to travel in various arcs. Leon's eyes widened at the new strategy being employed, rolling forward to avoid the knives as they all collided in the same general location, where Leon once stood. "This Adelan dog is going to do a whole lot worse to you, then you did to that elev traitor!" He spat. Seeing the opening, Leon rushed forward, sword reeled back for a lunge.

Before he could do anything, however, the jester raised a hand, his palm flashing a pale red color. Leon suddenly stopped, dropping his sword and falling to his knees as he clutched his temples. Out of nowhere, over what seemed like a thousand whispering voices filled his head, but it was all enough to deafen a man. Give him headaches beyond belief. He fought to get to his feet and retrieve his sword, but he was simply unable to. These voices disoriented him completely.

"Now, tell me... Was it worth it? All you've managed to do is waste my time and royally piss me off!" The jester gave Leon a harsh kick in the ribs, his armor not thick enough to shield the impact as he was sent rolling across the floor. "Now... Be a good boy and stay. I have bigger fish to fry." He looked around, beginning a slow walk down the middle of the sanctuary as he then addressed her.

He drew two poisoned daggers from the back of his belt, spinning them both once. "Flordia Gindien... Heir to the throne... The future ruler of a whole kingdom!" He began walking between the many pillars of the sanctuary, looking for anywhere she might've been hiding. "I know you've gotten my love letters... They speak the truth, don't they? You can't lead... You don't want to lead. Becoming a woman so fast, yet you think and act like a child still. I think it's just about time to install a bit of order. My way. My name is Komiddy. Remember it well, child."

As he said these words, he neared closer and closer to Flordia's location behind the broken pillar. Leon still remained immobile on the floor, grunting and groaning in pain at the voices in his head. However, it seemed as this, 'Komiddy' figure got farther away, the spell wore off more. Eventually, it was virtually non-existent, and Leon struggled to his feet. "Bastard..." He grumbled, glaring at Komiddy. He'd need to get him by surprise, unless he wanted to be hit with the same spell again, or worse, a bullet.

JackieCat

Flordia could hear the being's voice, and couldn't help but look up when she heard the clang of knives on stone.  She watched with horror as the jester took down Leon, her heart jumping to her throat as she saw what the magic was doing to him.  She didn't know what to do, but then she realized that the dagger she kept in her boot was in her hand.  She could throw it very accurately, but her parents had never let her train with the guards.  She had never actually been in a fight.

But Leon was down.  She lifted the dagger, but the jester started to turn, and she ducked down again before he could see her.  She tried to slow her breathing as he slowly approached, speaking as he did.  At first she didn't hear what he was saying, only paying attention to where he was.  But then she heard his words, and knew he was right.  He was getting closer, almost to her hiding spot.  Her ears picked up a gentle scrape from where Leon was, and she hoped that he was okay, that he was getting up.

Maybe Leon was getting up, and he would be able to get to the jester in time to stop him, but Flordia coudln't see him, and the jester would find her within a moment.  Maybe he would kill her before she even had time to do anything.

Better to take him by surprise.

She stood up, revealing herself to him.  "Wait," she said, her and there was only a slight tremor in her voice, despite the fact that her heart felt like it was about to burst out of her rib cage.  She could see, out of her peripheral vision that Leon had gotten up, and for a moment regretted her decision to stand, but then realized that the jester would have gotten to her befroe Leon could.  This was a distraction.  The jester would be focusing on her and Leon could sneak up behind him. "You don't have to kill me." Flordia continued, her voice filled with all the courage she could muster. "But you're right.  I don't want to rule the kingdom, but I have no choice.  If I had it my way, I would not choose to be a queen, but it's not my choice, and I'll do the very best I can to lead my people."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

As the girl revealed herself, Komiddy's grip on his daggers tightened. This was it, his target, in plain sight. All he had to do was cut her... Not even a lethal stab. The poison would do all that work on its own. However, he listened to what she had to say... She was clearly scared, and was clearly no tyrant. Yet. She was much younger than he expected, too. He didn't feel too well about slaughtering a child... But he knew he'd regret it if he did not.

"I'll make this quick. You'll barely feel a thing." With that, the jester placed one dagger to her throat, the point of the other pressed against the center of her chest. "The poison is fast-acting... It only takes ten minutes to destroy the body. In the first five, you'll go numb from chin-to-toe." He said, putting more pressure against her chest, as well as against her throat. "Only if you struggle, though... You can die a lot quicker."

His haunting words only made Leon angrier, the man sneaking up behind him to the best of his ability, in his clunky armor. Komiddy paused, turning just in time to see Leon's sword careening down to dice his skull in half. Raising one of his daggers, he blocked the strike, Leon coming again from the side, only to be blocked once more. Placing his daggers together, Komiddy tried driving both into Leon's abdomen, only for Leon to cut off the attack with his shield. Directly afterwards, the two locked blades, staring each other down.

"Nice try... I almost didn't see you coming." Komiddy murmured, his words laced with threat. Leon wasn't fazed. Digging his heels into the floor, Komiddy did the same, the two practically unmovable. "You want blood? Here I am, bastard. You want to slice someone's throat? Come at me. Give me the closest shave you can, clown-boy. Just a fair warning, it won't end well for you." Leon told him. Komiddy scoffed. "I'm more skilled than your tiny mind would like to believe." Leon gritted his teeth. "Likewise."

JackieCat

By the Gods.  This was it.  She was going to die.  Her breath caught in her throat and his blade touched her skin.  Then she noticed Leon approaching, and she prayed he would get to her in time. . .

Then he attacked.  The jester sensed the other man and spun around to block what would have been a deadly blow.  Their blades crashed together several times before locking.  As Leon spoke, Flordia became aware of the knife in her hand, and of the fact that the jester man's back was too her. . . Her mind spun. Should she attack?  Would Leon be able to fight off their enemy alone?  Flordia wanted to think so, but what if he couldn't?  One scratch from either of those two daggers would be deadly.  One scratch. . .

She didn't think about it for another second.  She lifted her hand and threw, the knife sailing quickly and accurately straight towards the jester's back between his shoulder blades.

As the knife flew, time seemed to slow, and for a second Flordia regretted her quick decision  as she realized what was about to happen.  A man could die here, and she would have been the one to kill him.  He was trying to kill her, kill them, but was that justification for killing?

Flordia didn't know, but she wasn't going to stand by and do nothing.  And as time started again, she did not regret defending herself and Leon, but only the way in which it had to be done.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Komiddy jolted forwards, dropping his daggers and grunting as the knife hit him right between the shoulder blades. He groaned out in pain as Leon blinked. From his point of view, he couldn't see that Flordia had tossed a dagger at the assassin. He merely took a step back, eyes narrowed as he stumbled a bit. However, Komiddy didn't drop dead as expected.

Suddenly, his physical form altered before them, changing from skin and bone to a mass of human body-shaped water. It fell, splashing against the floor, Flordia's dagger bouncing off the floor along with it. At this point, Leon realized what had happened. The girl had most certainly helped, but it seemed like the assassin was one step ahead of her. "An illusion... He's still around here." He said, giving his sword a small twirl.

"Komiddy... I recognize the name. He's an assassin of kings, queens, barons... Princesses. He only kills those unfit to lead, in his eyes." He told her, looking around for wherever he might've been. He certainly didn't need for them to be sneaked up on. "Stay close to me. And watch my back." He ordered, kicking her dagger to her. "And pick that up. You've shown that you can use it." He added, giving her a nod.

At that moment, something round flew from the darkness, audibly sizzling as it bounced against the ground, rolling to a stop at their feet. It was black, sporting a small fuse at the top which was burning down into the object itself. A bomb. Leon gritted his teeth, reeling back a foot before kicking it away just in time, however, it might've not been soon enough. The bomb exploded in mid-air, the light expanding and illuminating the entire temple before black smoke erupted in every direction, the debris from pillars that were knocked down in the blast sent flying as well.

The blast sent Leon flying back as well, colliding back-first with a pillar before dropping onto his stomach. His head must've hit something, because he was out cold. It was uncertain whether the bomb was meant to kill them, but either way, Komiddy emerged from the darkness once more, guns in hand. "Enough games... I can make this much more painful, kid!" He shouted, looking around for her.

JackieCat

Florida gasped as the form of Komiddy splashed to the floor.  Only an illusion, like Leon had said. . .

She grabbed the dagger that skidded across the floor to her, clutching it tightly in her hand.  She saw the bomb, and ducked as Leon threw it away from them, and as it exploded Flordia was thrown backwards.  She hit the floor hard, and she struggled to get up as she saw Komiddy coming towards them.

"Please don't do this!" she said to the man approaching, her voice shaking as violently as her body. "I'll do my best to lead my people, I'll have help!  You don't have to do this!"

He seemed unbeatable, how were they supposed to fight something like this?  how could they possibly win against something so powerful and so unwilling to back down from his goal?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Komiddy threateningly strode towards her, around the pillars with guns lifted to either side of his head. "Your words now don't reflect your actions later. A wandering mind like yours isn't one fit for a throne." He boomed out. "I see famine. I see panic in a time of war, when a steady composure would be needed. I see irresponsibility, and neglect. Your pretty face and sad eyes won't protect you from my duties to protect your subjects from your mistakes."

As he spoke, he came close, lowering his guns and cocking back the hammers. "Such a shame... Elven women are so beautiful." He shook his head ever-so-slightly, seemingly allowing her however many moments of life as he could. His hesitation gave Leon an opportunity to retaliate against the assassin, who was blasted much farther back than Flordia.

As Komiddy spoke to the young princess, Leon's body began to shift against its will, bones contorting and hair sprouting from his skin, muscles bulging to their max and claws extending from each finger and toe. His canines grew, his ears shifting into wolf-like appendages, along with the rest of his face, that formed into a muzzle. Throughout the transformation, there was a good amount of snarling and the sound of armor busting off, which would make one wonder how Komiddy wasn't alerted.

Almost as soon as the transformation was concluded, Leon was off, sprinting towards the assassin, who barely had a moment to react as he was slammed into. He grunted from the impact, him and the wolf tumbling for a bit before they stopped, Komiddy lifting both guns and firing, missing heavily before Leon locked his jaws around his shoulder. He shook him from side-to-side, tossing him across the temple and causing his body to bounce across the floor.

The assassin swore as he drew his daggers, beckoning the wolf forward as he stood shakily. "I've killed bigger. C'mon, flea-bag!" He taunted loudly. Leon roared out hatefully, charging at him as Komiddy took a defensive stance, daggers aimed to pierce the wolf's flesh. In Leon's current state, he wouldn't be able to remember the poison on the blades. This could be a fatal mistake, if one were to slice into him just a bit.

JackieCat

She'd escaped death so many times in the last few minutes, but she couldn't think of anything else to stall the assassin, to stop him from achieving his goal.

Then Leon started to shift.  Flordia saw him out of the corner of her eye, and it took everything not to look over at him.  Doing so would alert her would-be killer that something was happening.

Then Leon attacked.

Flordia thought that for sure the assassin would be killed instantly, but he was back on his feet as soon as the werewolf let him go.

Flordia glanced around the room, looking for anything that may be able to help them.  Then her eyes fell upon the two guns the assassin had held before Leon had attacked him.  She had no clue how to use a gun, but had seen them be used a few times before.  It hadn't looked that complicated, and she didn't have much of a choice now.  The assassin was advancing on Leon, and Flordia knew that she had to act quickly.  She reached out, grabbing the nearest gun and lifting it.

It appeared to be loaded to her untrained eye, and she pulled back the hammer, clicking it into place as she aimed for the assassin.  His back was to her, and Leon was just past him.  If she missed, she might very well hit the werewolf.  But she had good aim with a dagger, maybe this would be similar?

She corrected her aim a half a centimeter. . .  And fired.

The bullet shot through the air, and the split second felt like minutes as Flordia watched the bullet.  Then it hit.

Lodging itself into the assassin's shoulder.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon was only an inch from the waiting assassin as the bullet shot through the air, both hearing the sound first before it whizzed over Leon's shoulder, landing in Komiddy's own. The assassin was sent spiraling at an angle down to the floor, his blood trickling down his torso and landing in a small puddle beneath him. He landed with a thud, grunting out in pain and clutching his shoulder in a vain attempt to stop the bleeding.

Komiddy was dealt with for now... However, Leon turned, seeing Flordia with the assassin's gun. However, his mind wasn't registering her as an ally. Not in this state... His lips curled as he slowly turned his whole body, beginning a slow stroll towards her, claws menacingly tapping against the stone as he lowly growled.

His gaze fixed on her in a hateful manner, he stopped inches from her form, sniffing from head-to-toe, continuing to growl. It wasn't exactly known what it was the beast was doing... It seemed as if the man inside him was fighting off the animalistic urges to tear her apart as he planned to tear the assassin apart, and the man was winning. Just barely.

Suddenly, Leon's eyes widened as he let out a yelp, lurching back with his ears pinned to his head as another transformation racked his body, this time returning to his human form. Fur retracted back into his skin and bones popped back into place as he screamed with pain, his face morphing back to its natural Adelan features and his claws sinking back into his fingers. Leon collapsed once it was done, panting and half naked.

"Don't worry... I've more control than it does." He said, standing shakily as he looked over his shoulder, seeing the assassin crawling away, towards the far wall. He left a trail of blood behind him, Leon smirking. "Nice shot, kid." He said, ruffling her hair.

JackieCat

Flordia froze when the bullet hit her intended target.  Her eyes widened as he fell to the floor, blood running from the wound.

She had shot someone!  Someone was hurt because of her. . .  She'd defended herself.  She was still reeling when she noticed that Leon had not calmed down.  That his eyes had turned to her.  She gasped as she started for her.

"Leon. . ." she said slowly. "Leon, it's me!"

She stood completely still as he he approached, and she could see the battle being fought behind his eyes.  She could see Leon fighting to push the beast away.  He stopped in front of her, sniffing her, and Flordia prayed that Leon would return.

Then the wolf changed, his eyes widened and he fell back.  It was horrible to watch.  Glad as she was that Leon was returning, it was incredibly hard to see the pain he was going through.  The sheer agony of his transformation.

Then he was back.  Flordia almost burst into tears, but she held them back and smiled at him.  "Thank you," she said, laughing a bit as the adrenaline slowed. "I'm so glad you didn't eat me."

Then her eyes went to the man she had shot, and her expression grew worried.  "What. . .  What about him?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: