Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hunter became the Hunted (M?) (Open to all)

Started by Sheshia, July 05, 2016, 06:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

λ

Raid looked at Sheshia. He sighed, and pulled himself out of his bed. "I'm just going to look around town for a bit, if she wakes up, tell her I'll be back." Raid pulled the covers back to their original position on the bed, and after stretching his arm, he head out.

Sheshia

Doctor's pov)
The doctor nods as Raid heads out and he feels Sheshias forehead and checks her wound and smiles that both his patients healed perfectly was a releif. Though he hoped nether of them would get to seriously hurt again.
Sheshia pov)
Sheshia woke up and jumps a bit sitting uo quickly. The doctor steps back and smiles, "Your friend went out for a while and he'll be back." Sheshia nods. The doctor offers her some watered down wine which Sheshia gratefully accepts and she starts to drink in eyeing the priest once in awhile. The doctor sits down looking curious. "So dear, how did you and Raid get injured like that?" She really didn't want to answer that question on her behalf. So since Raid was the one who found her she decided to wait till he gets back and explain his side or if he didn't feel like it she'd explain the most part of hers leaving out her cat form bit. So she shrugs, "Wait for Raid to get back to exlpain his side." The doctor looked flushered and confused while Sheshia continued to drink her wine.

λ

Raid tried to move his right shoulder to no avail. Sighing, he sat down next to the wall of a house nearby. He clawed out a bit of grass and punched the ground with his left hand. He let out a cry of annoyance. Fucking.. Damn..! He figured this was the end of his hunting career. It wasn't like he could pull back a bow, or properly fight anymore.

After calming himself sufficiently, he retired to the doctor's home. Upon entering, he was met with the doctor's impatient grimace, and Sheshia's nonchalant figure. The priest seemed to have gone off on their own. Raid scratched his head. "Um..." The doctor quickly cut off Raid. "So what happened to you two?" Why is he asking me? Raid wondered. "Ehm, we fell down stairs got attacked by a few wolves out in the forest... and they bit us a few times." The doctor looked doubtful. "Are you telling me you burned your own wounds and fought off the wolves by yourselves after getting bitten to pieces, and then managed to walk back here?"
Raid was slightly confused now. Jeez, the hells with this doctor? "Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Is there an issue?" The doctor smiled. "Finally, so that's what happened..." He shot a glare at Sheshia. He continued, "So you two aren't too bad at hunting I assume, and it seems like you two have Lady Luck on your side. I hate to request this of you, but truth is..."

Sheshia

"Don't tell me you sent those damned wolves for us or is that just a coincidence?" Sheshia was scared what he was going to say either he was behind it or they had to leave the town. "If that's what you meant then you want me to tell you huh?" Either way her blood line was going to be revealed one day. So it could be sooner or later.

λ

OOC: Doctor

"Hmmm? Why would I send wolves after you? No, that had nothing to do with me. I'm a doctor you know, I'd prefer if you didn't make wild claims like that." Lowering his voice a bit, the doctor moved closer to Sheshia. "And as for your secret, it's safe with me, you don't need to say it to Mr. Raid here if you don't want to." He had discovered what Sheshia was when he was doing the operation on her stomach. However, he felt it was unnecessary to spread the information. It would likely result in her getting killed by the townsfolk, or perhaps even the hunter, which was hardly what he wanted. He had spent quite a bit of effort to get her back in good condition after all.

The doctor continued. "No, what I wanted to ask was, there's an issue we're having with some kind of wild beast recently. It's been killing livestock, as well as some villagers. I figured if you two were resourceful enough to fight off a pack of wolves, you could probably scout out the area for the beast. I'm not asking you both to fight it, I mean, I know your condition better than anyone else. Just find it, identify it, and come back. Think of it as the price for my treatment. And remember, don't fight it. I don't want you two coming back here with even worse injuries."

Sheshia

Sheshia felt relieved and went back to her old self, the happy and calm type. Jumping up she smiles, "Let's do it! Raid it'll give you a chance to take your mind off things hopefully and give us something to do at least. Besides what is it!?" Sheshia felt excited to be hunting down information on this beast. It was her first time hunting something other then a mouse, squirrel or other small and medium sizes beings that in habited the forest. She was so excited she was about ready to bolt out the door.

λ

Raid stood there, confused. How did I even get myself into is situation? I barely know these people! He sighed. He may be crippled, but a debt was a debt, he supposed he'd have to go along with this. However, the reaction Sheshia had to the doctor at first was mildly alarming, and he was curious about this 'secret' the doctor had mentioned. He figured he would ask her about it later.

The doctor replied to Sheshia. "We have no idea of what it is, which is why I wanted you two to check it out."

Raid yawned. So they had no information on it, and they were supposed to hunt it were they? At the every least he didn't need to take it out. If it was a simple scouting mission, even he could do it.

"Alright. Doesn't seem like you know anything else so we'll be heading on our way. We just need to know the general area it lives in, and see what kind of creature it is, yeah?" Raid didn't wait for the doctor to reply as he headed out the door.

Sheshia

Sheshia watches Raid walk out the door. "Thanks a lot doc. Oh and do you know where thr last kill took place and who or what  it was? Oh and spare no details when it comes to the body, need to know as much information as I can get." She wanted to know everything about the killings and know thw doctor might be a good place to start since he probably examined the bodies.

λ

"Oh of course dear. It's not very pleasant though. Well, the first man we found was cleanly cut in half, right along the spine. We couldn't figure out how it happened, but it almost looked as if a sword or something was used to cut him, it was that precise. He had numerous puncture wounds as well, probably from small fangs of some sort. Maybe a snake bite? We couldn't tell for sure. The second was half eaten, half of her abdomen was gone and her head was crushed. From the size of the bite marks on her, I'd say it's jaw is that of an animal larger than a bear. The third we found was a girl, but there was only bones left so we couldn't gather much from it. All the animals were killed like that too, with the meat peeled off of the bones. Well anyway, shouldn't you catch up with Raid, dear? He'll probably get killed if you don't catch up with him." The doctor sent a glance in Sheshia's direction.

Sheshia

"Oh! Sure thing! Oh and I'm gonna ask you what have away what I am when we are back."  Sheshia waves and runs out the door and catches up to Raid. "So I asked the doc for information about the recent killings and one of the victims looked as if a bear ate her, someone was cleanly cut in half right along the spine apparently abd finally the last human one was only bone left." Sheshia thinks for a moment, "Oh! And one looked like a snake had bitten it. Sounds like a shifter to me. How about you?"

λ

"You seem rather excited for hunting a man-eating monster you know. It's not like we even get to kill it..." Raid sighed. He just wanted to finish this quickly. Snake bite, one bone, clean cut.... He didn't really want to deal with a shifter if it was one. They were hard to track, and they had inhumanly keen senses so it'd be a pain to stay hidden. Well if Sheshia is this excited,it probably means she has a plan right..?

Crossing a few fields, Sheshia and Raid approached the edge of the forest. He turned his attention to Sheshia. "Can I leave the tracking to you?" Raid was capable of doing that much, but he wanted to test her, see if she was really fit for this hunt. He didn't know enough about her skill set, it would result in a much harder time later if she ended up being dead weight.

Sheshia

Quote from: ∑(゚Д゚)ホワァ‼︎ on July 28, 2016, 08:30:45 PM
"You seem rather excited for hunting a man-eating monster you know. It's not like we even get to kill it..." Raid sighed. He just wanted to finish this quickly. Snake bite, one bone, clean cut.... He didn't really want to deal with a shifter if it was one. They were hard to track, and they had inhumanly keen senses so it'd be a pain to stay hidden. Well if Sheshia is this excited,it probably means she has a plan right..?

Crossing a few fields, Sheshia and Raid approached the edge of the forest. He turned his attention to Sheshia. "Can I leave the tracking to you?" Raid was capable of doing that much, but he wanted to test her, see if she was really fit for this hunt. He didn't know enough about her skill set, it would result in a much harder time later if she ended up being dead weight.
"Sure thing!" Sheshia knew if she looked like she was tracking by smell it could have been wierd and probably would give her away or atleast give a little hint away. She would have to rely on sight and little wifs of scent if there was any. She slowly worked her way through the forest. She hoped to find a trail, "Uh Raid shouldn't we visit the killing site's first to see if we could find any hints of where that thing came from?" She wanted to be prepared incase it found them instead since it was a killer after all.

λ

While continuing to walk through the forest, Raid replied. "Actually, while you were still out cold, I overheard people talking about the thing outside. From what I can gather, all the cases were nearby this area. If you want to still visit them, I don't mind, but most of them are a few weeks old." Raid paused for a bit. "Actually, I think one of them happened four days ago maybe? If you think it'd help, we can go." Raid bit his lip slightly. He wished he'd actually bothered to talk to the passing farmers instead of sulking. He could have saved time that way.

Sheshia

"Probably, though since they happen mostly when no one is around. Though if thwy heard anything out of the ordinary that could help." Sheshia smiles the excitement of the hunt was growing for her. "Let's go do it." Anything from the noise or scent if there was any left even the faintest whiff would help. It should tell her where it has been or where it lives. Taking a deep breath she calmed herself down a bit and smells something odd, it smellled like a fox and bear mixed together. Since both a fox and a bear could have pasted through there she toke note of that she walks away towards the farm. "Oh and I relized something about you Raid. Your different then others but I can't put my finger on it."

λ

"What, you mean like how I'm a half-elf? I doubt you hadn't noticed till now though." Raid replied cynically. His race was a rather sensitive subject for him. "Actually, I could say the same thing about you too you know. You're obviously not fully human." He paused when he saw her bewildered face. He added, "No normal human could've healed up as quickly as you did."

Sheshia

"I'd be hunted if anyone finds out what I am. Let's just say it's genetic okay? Or if you promise abd swear you won't kill me if you some how find out all will be huncky dorey." Her face went back to the calm happy phase it is almost always as. "Besides your a pretty nice guy, so race doesn't matter much."

λ

Huh, something hated then. Raid thought he probably shouldn't pry any further. It didn't seem like she had a problem with him being half-elf either so there was no reason to continue.

When they reached the farm that had been attacked a few days ago, there was a huge uproar. In front of one of the stables, a crowd had gathered around the corpses of three people, two adults and a child, who had been mauled and eaten. Blood covered the ground, and bits and pieces of the victims were strewn about.

"Well, here's a fresh trail, yeah?"

Sheshia

Sheshia was shocked by the sight, "Seems like it." She starts to make her way through the crowd, looking at the ground in the process. Eventually when she reaches the corpses the kneels down looking carefully at what was left of the once living beings. Looking to her left she notices a slight trail and holes in the ground that look like claw marks. Taking a deep breath she smells the scent of moss, rock and blood. Smiling she waits for Raid to catch up. When he does she smiles, "What ever this thing is it's huge and powerful obviously. Oh and it probably lives near moss and lots of stones." She wanted to wait to ask the people questions but it seemed like the number of kills was growing slowly but surely.

λ

Raid straightened himself after examining the corpses. He looked to Sheshia, but she was already off chasing the trail. Sighing, he began to follow her, ignoring the outcry that had emerged from behind him.

Someone grabbed his shoulder, pulling him back. "Who do you think you are, sighing after seeing my dead child, you monster!" An old lady was screaming at him through tears. "You and that girl, treating him and his family like they're nobody, how dare you!" Raid shook her off. "That's none of my business. We're just hunters chasing the thing that did this. If you still have a problem, go bother someone else." He left the crying lady and finally caught up with Sheshia.

"So you said anywhere with moss and rocks yeah?" He surveyed the surroundings. The forest was covered with moss, but he couldn't find many rocks. A lake, river, or cave...
"Alright. Do you still have the trail? I'll follow you."

Sheshia

Sheshia points at the claw marks and smiles. "Most people aren't good at looking for the obvious clues for things like this. Which is sad if someone is murdered by someone else." She wondered why no one even noticed the tracks or even attempted to. But if they tried they didn't really look hard enough. They could have probably used hunting dogs but they probably didn't have many now that she thought of it. "So Raid what are you going to do after this?"