Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sure, I Can be a Guide (Elector Count of WAAAGH!) (Closed)

Started by JackieCat, July 29, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis said nothing about the dwarf's comment about speed, and shrugged when he asked him why he was here.

"I'm a traveler, I travel.  Plus, I like this place, there's so much happening all the time, so many people, so many cultures and adventures just waiting to happen."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Sounds more like a explosion waiting to happen, with all those conflict cultures and what not." said the Dwarf.

JackieCat

"There are explosions," Faelis said. "But it works most of the time.  Besides, diversity is strength, if there was only one type of person, there would be no progress, no solutions to naturally occurring problems, and no fun.  That's why I like it here so much."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Can't argue with you on that, even the holds of the Dron Karaks are differnt from each other." nodded the Dwarf. "But it is after all a double bladed axe afta all..."

The mapmaker returned with the map "Here you are, that would be one silver." the Dwarf grunted but brought up said amount "Thankie."

The Dwarf jumped out and headed for the door while looking at the map.

As he exit he scrolled up the map and turned around. "Well, at least it's good quality. Now, do you have any other business left in town?"

JackieCat

"Me? Nah," Faelis answered as they left the shop.  "I'm ready to go when you are."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Then elgi, where should venture to first?" asked the Dwarf.

JackieCat

"Hmm," Faelis thought for a moment.  "What exactly are you looking for?  Industry, creativity, warlike peoples?  For trading, here, Cerenis, would definitely be a good place to mark on your map, especially if you are planning to do trading by water.  Essryn is also a great trading city.  Yeah, just what are you looking for."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Anything else you can tell me about this place. What of the people? YOu speak diversity, yet I've yet to understand how bureaucracy works around these parts." said the Dwarf.

JackieCat

"Well, there's somewhat of a variety between ruling systems around the world, but here, in Serendipity, there's a specific ruler, king and/or queen," Faelis explained. "The crown is passed down to the oldest child, regardless of their sex.  There are twelve provinces here, one is ruled by the crown, the other eleven by the High Lords and Ladies of those eleven Great Houses.  They're there to help the crown and to make sure the king or queen doesn't abuse it's power or anything.  But that's just Serendipity, the other countries are different."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"How do treat foreigners... Like us Dawi." The Dwarf began moving as he said that.

JackieCat

"Serendipity is pretty open-minded, lots of races live here, so you'd most likely be accepted," Faelis said. "But it really depends on the individual, you could come across some crazy psycho elf or someone who hates dwarves, but there are always risks to everything.  Most likely you'd find your place here if you wanted it."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"That may be nice to know, but I'm talking on a government wise. How do treat say... their neighbors?" continued the Dwarf.

JackieCat

Faeis nodded. "Well, in that regard they're also very peaceful.  Considering the Sea's to the East, mountain ranges to the North and West, and Adela, a longtime ally, to the South, Serendipity doesn't have the best defenses, and they've really never needed them.  However, since Serendipity is so open,  and Connlaoth has a thing against magic, there may be some tension there, but I'm not sure."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

At the mention of Connlaoth the Dwarf became intrigued. "This... Connlaoth, they're against magic?"

JackieCat

"Well, the leader is.  Their previous Duke was killed by a mage, and now the mages are all being driven out, killed, it's a pretty nasty business.  The ruler is leading all this, but there are groups fighting against them and trying to save the mages."  Faelis shook his head. "Personally, I see no problem with magic, and i don't know what exactly they have against it either."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Hm... the captains going to be intreasted in hearing about this..." muttered the Dwarf under his breath. "We dwarves generally don't like to tamper with magic... it's a very dangerous if not properly dealt. It is another reason why we Dron Dwais dislike the elgi of the Erfuna forests, they play with magic as if it is a game. THe manlings fare better, but some lack the mental discipline that should come with using magic. But we dwarves? We prefer to limit it and control it. The folks around here have runes, am I correct? And you understand what they are, correct?"

JackieCat

"What type are you referring to?" Faelis asked. "There are many types here, so much magic, so many different kinds."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

JackieCat

"I'm thinking of the kind that would go along with magic in a spell-casting way," Faelis said, still unsure of what the dwarf was referring to.  "As in to place a spell upon an item you'd write it on the item and the spell would be performed."  He thought for a moment. "But then there's the kind that is tattooed or inscripted upon the body, giving the bearer magic. . ." Faelis glanced at the dwarf. "Is that even close to what you're thinking of?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"it is a bit akin to what you've said, yes." said the Dwarf as the approached the outskirts of the town. "The Dron Dawi have very little in the way of actually casting or using magic in it's raw form. However, their are the few who are capable of using a form of controlled magic. You see, ever dwarf understands how to craft, but they're the few who can permanently imbue items with any magical effect desirable. We believe that in this state, the magic can controlled and thus safe to use."

Josef pulled out his runic stone from his backpack and showed the glowing rock to the elf.. "This here stone was passed down to me by a distant relative. It's particular ability is to dispel magic."