Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lessons From the Devil and the Plowman [M]

Started by DragonSong, August 04, 2016, 12:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Aria chuckled and smirked at him. "Oohhh, I like that version. Yeah, the second one, let's go with that," she laughed, conveniently avoiding a real answer. She took another sip of her drink and asked over the rim of the cup, "What about you then?"

Lion

"Same.  A handsome devil like me only comes by once maybe twice in a lifetime.  Truly.  Despite my morose behavior from our first meeting, I'm much more pleasant if given time to simmer," he said and he tilted his head.  "Any attachments?  Lover?  Fiancee?  A regular favorite at the local brothel?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Another chuckle and she rolled her eyes at him. "Not as such. People tie you down, y'know? I prefer to roam free."

She folded her arms on the bar and let her head rest on them as she looked up at him. "And yourself? Anyone let you simmer long enough to want to keep you around?"

Lion

"Ain't nobody to tie me down just yet. Although I'm not adverse to a little rope.  Just a bit," he chuckled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Aria rolled her eyes and laughed quietly, "Kinky. It really is always the quiet ones I guess, huh?" Still resting her head on her arms, she asked curiously, "So what kinda business you in town for?"

Maybe he'd had enough drink to loosen up a bit.

Lion

"Nothing specific just seeing what potential prospects come my way," he said,.  "I'm a freelancer, I guess would be the best way to go about it. Why, are you hiring?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I dunno." She chuckled and leaned back in her seat, arching her back and reaching her arms up above her head in a long stretch. "Depends on what kinda skills you're working with, I suppose," she replied with a lopsided grin.

Lion

"I'm a jack of many trades.  I can be as quiet as a mouse or just storm into places.  Be polite, or... Well, you get the picture."  His eyes admired her form.  A smile curled his lip just at the corner.  "Are you looking for someone to fill a specific task?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Hmm." Aria eyed him sidelong. "Maybe...backup, for a specific task. Not sure if the job would be to your tastes though."

Smirking, she added, "Did I get something on my clothes, or do ya just see something you like?"

Lion

"Just admiring your pit stains," he chuckled and nudged her almost clean off her seat.  His hand caught her wrist just in time however, and he pulled her in close.  "So is this the interview process? How'd I do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Hey-" She opened her mouth to retort but suddenly found herself wobbling on her seat, then pulled in so close she was forced to tilt her head up to meet his eyes.

A little startled, she tried to hide it with a smirk and a flippant, "Not bad. I'd say passable." She didn't make a move to pull away from him, actually leaning in a bit more. "Anxious to do well?"

Lion

"Of course. A gorgeous creature such as yourself, could make anyone shake in their boots.  Can you blame me?" He said with a wry grin.

"So what's the verdict, am I hired?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Aria crinkled her nose, considering it. She'd been hired to complete the job alone, but...

Well, a little backup never hurt anyone. He could be a lookout- wouldn't have to know exactly what she was doing. "Yes." She nodded once and smiled. "Yes, I believe you are."

With a small shrug she warned, "If you're up for it- this job's a bit on the risky side."

Lion

"More risk with equitable reward?  Let's talk business then.  You have my interest, now what's your offer," he asked with a nod, leaning on the counter.  "Or should we talk somewhere more privately?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She bit her lip consideringly and glanced around. The tavern wasn't crowded, exactly, but still too many people for her tastes. "Perhaps somewhere more private. I do have a room after all."

She smiled and got to her feet, offering her hand. "Come on then."

Lion

Vance took that offered hand, but only to stand.  He stood and pushed his chair in.  He wasn't a barbarian.  And followed her to the rear of tbs tavern where the rooms were.  He was still wary, one never could know exactly what they were walking into.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Aria led them to the room she'd been playing to rent for the night, opening the door a bit to peer in before deciding it was safe enough and slipping in.

She glanced around the small room before decide to perch on the bed. She waved a hand to Vance. "Go on and make yourself comfortable then."

Lion

Vance could appreciate her caution, and followed suit, even after she checked it.

He took a seat on the edge of the bed.  "Nice lodgings.  I knew I stumbled into the right place."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Did you now?" She chuckled and drew her feet up onto the bed, kicking her shoes off, so she could lean back against the pillows. "Alright then. So what do you wanna know first? Job details or compensation?"

Lion

"Job details. What is it that you need?" he asked, reaching into his coat to pull out a flask, taking a swig of it.  "Would you like some?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: