Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Negotiations [Darkened skies] [Legit Violet!]

Started by Medievarad, August 10, 2016, 07:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Tag: @Legit Violet
Part of the Darkened skies event, plot thread found here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=20647.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You sure?" Urra'vin rumbled as he flew. Valia stood on his back, hands folded infront of her. It was a miracle that she could stay up straight the way she did. "Yes, I am positive, to Demonpeak, Urra'vin. The presence yours truly hath senseth there is strong. Stronger than other dragonkin," she sighed softly. "Stronger and different," she explained.

The dragon huffed softly and slammed his wings once more to speed up, continuing their course to the peak plagued by constant snow and lightning storms.

Urra'vin hovered close to the peak, the snow around the dragon and Valia immediately melting due to her influence, the lightning crackling around her. Yet it did not hit her once. "This is the furthest I take you, first fire," he rumbled. "Don't die."

Valia smirked softly. "I am immortal, Urra'vin, but thank thee for thine concerns," she answered, before stepping down from the dragon in mid-air, falling towards the peak before she slowed down, black flames flickering around her as she superheated the air to touch down softly.

And so, she trudged to meet this strong and odd presence, Urra'vin slamming his enormous wings once more to leave.

Codex

For 1000 years she waited... For 1000 years she was tormented... For 1000 years she fought to keep her sanity... And all of Adela would pay the price for her imprisonment...

Nevira, the last of the large Novian Dragons. Was perched atop the storming peak of the large mountain. A raging snowstorm enveloped the surroundings, as purple lighting swirled around her. The dragon's massive grey wings were huddled together, her massive neck and head tucked underneath them. Her long tail snaked across the rock. From a distance, one would think she was sleeping, but that was far from the truth. She was meditating... Thinking... Listening... The world had changed much from the last time she felt the cool air hit her wings, something she needed to grow accustomed too. However, she was interrupted... A new smell hit her nostrils.

Something was coming near. A presence she could not determine. Although, the new smell was foreign, she could tell it wasn't human nor dragon. Something else was approaching the Novian. And it made her curious. Her tail shifted in the snow silently, her wings shook. The wind grew more intense as Nevira silently opened her massive wingspan. Without making any sound, she let the wind take her. The massive dragon flew straight up into the air, fading into the endless storm...

A few moments later, a large shadow could be seen from above the grey torrent of wind and snow. The shadow elegantly glided just above the fog, before landing on top of a dagger looking perch of rock. Her large eyes fluctuated from purple to pink... Nevira had found the source of the disturbance...

A being made of flame trudged the peak of her mountain. The reason eluded the Novian, but she naturally assumed it had something to do with herself. No being of any power would decide to casually adventure up the slopes of Demonpeak. And so she spoke finally... Her voice carried by the wind.

"THE HOUR IS LATE... THE BURNING SUN PREPRAES TO ABANDON HER SISTER TO THE DARKNESS OF THE NIGHT... AND A BEING MADE OF THE SOLARI'S BLESSING DECIDES TO SCALE THE SLOPES OF DEMONPEAK... A QUESTION ONE WOULD BE INTENT ON FINDING THE ANSWER TOO. WHY DOES SHE VENTURE TO A PLACE SO REMOTE? WHAT REASON DOSE THEE HAVE TO DISTURB THE CHILD OF THE VOID..."

Nevira questioned. Her voice sounding irritated. All the while, the Novian made sure her appearance was hidden by the storm. Only her voice gave any indication of the dragon's presence. Until she decided to reveal herself...

Medievarad

A loud voice boomed through the mountains, yet Valia was not easily intimidated. She was a being of pure fire. And not just any type of fire, no, she was made of the first fire. The fire of all creation, while she mostly hid her presence and powers, she knew that this dragon, this child of the void, was strong enough to smell at least a whiff of her power.

So there was no reason on holding back her true powers. The snow around her seemed to melt, the rock under her foots disintegrated into nothingness and Valia walked on thin air.

Nevira would feel the primal power flow from the small stature. She was powerful, as powerful as she was ancient. And Valia was there since the beginning of time.

"It is I, Valia Inferum, sentinel of the first fire," she started to make her introductions, each step she took caused more rock to disintegrate underneath her. Occasionally, a black whiff was seen shimmering in and out of existence. Her voice was clear, enhanced and pierced through the blizzard like it was nothing.

"Yours truly merely wisheth to talk," she said. "The dragonkin gathered here, your ancient presence. I recall it, but can not place it. I wish to ask of thee, child of the void, what is it that brought thy here? And why hath thy dragonkin rallying to thou?"

Codex

It was as expected. This girl, this being. She was here to ask about Nevira's growing army. The power coming off of her felt extraordinary to me sure, but it didn't surprise the dragon. Someone of considerable ability would be needed in order to reach these conditions atop Demonpeak. Nevira continued to hide her self. Not out of caution, but out of curiosity. This person had no idea who she was, and the less she knew, the better it suited Nevira's purpose...

If her claims were true, then this conversation would get interesting... The first fire was a bold proclamation, but the power she had sensed off this girl backed it up. Nevira's large body began to snake around the girl, but still was kept hidden by the storm...

"AN INTERESTING PROCLOMATION... I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A BEING SUCH AS YOURSELF. AND SUDDENLY ONE APPEARS TO ME AT THE HEIGHT OF ADELA'S SALVATION..."

"I AM THE ONE WHO WILL RESTORE THE WAY OF THIS WORLD. I AM THE SAVIOR WHO WAS LOCKED AWAY FOR 1000 YEARS BY THE OPRESSORS OF THIS LAND."

Nevira let out an animalistic growl, as it echoed through the rocks all around her. The tip of her large wing's shadow could be seen for merely a second before it disappeared again into the storm.

"TELL ME LITTLE SPARK... IF YOU HAVE BEEN ALIVE FOR AS LONG AS YOU CLAIM, YOU KNOW ABOUT THE DARKSTEEL DRAGON SPECIES..."

Nevira told her. She refused to give up her entire identity, rather just drop small hints to see how knowledgable this lady of flame was.

Medievarad

The storm however, meant nothing to Valia's blind eyes. It was the presence she sensed. The presence she saw with her clairvoyance. It didn't matter whether Nevira was hiding herself in the storm. Valia followed her every move and turned on her feet to follow what she believed was the void wyrm's head.

"I hath been around since the creation," Valia replied, folding her hands behind her back. Listening to Nevira's booming voice once again.

Yet, her eyebrows arched at the mention of the Darksteel Dragons. "I hath witnessed them all extinct," she answered. "All but one, it seemeth like," she concluded. "T'is why thou came across as an odd, yet familiar presence."

Codex

"YESSSS.... ALL BUT ONE..." Nevira hissed into the wind. "MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS WERE ALL HUNTED TO EXTINCTION AFTER MY DEMISE ONE THOUSAND YEARS AGO... "

She fell silent again, letting the wind whip and thunder be the only sounds around the two. "YOU WERE CLEVER ENOUGH TO SNIFF ME OUT, YET I SENSE MY NAME STILL ELUDES YOU."

Finally, Nevira's massive body came into view. Her long neck snaked out of the wind, only to reveal the rest of her body had been completely surrounding the girl. She brought up her eye, directly facing the flaming girl. It's size was much larger then the woman's body itself. It's pink glow illuminating the snow that wasn't already done so by her flames.

"I AM THE CATALYST OF THOSE EVENTS THAT NEARLY FREED ADELA ONE THOUSAND YEARS IN THE PAST." She growled. Her nostrils giving off black smoke. "I'M SURE YOU CAN PIECE TOGETHER WHY SO MANY HAVE GATHERED UNDERNEATH THIS MOUNTAIN..."

Medievarad

As such, it was as Valia had feared. History would repeat itself. "Dear Darksteel," she started, closing her eyes as the black flames flakkering around her died down. "My utmost apologies," she started as she stepped forward, raising her hand in a disarming gesture. "I can feel thy pain, Darksteel."

"But this is naught the way," she answered. "Many innocent humans shallth perish," she sighed slowly, she knew the dragon wouldn't care about that. "And such would many dragonkin," she added. "More races, such as the Darksteel, shallth be forceth into extinction."

Codex

"GRAH! DON'T LECTURE ME ON WHAT IS THE COURSE OF ADELA'S FATE. THE OTHERS THINK THE SAME AS YOU DO..." Nevira growled. Suddenly, with such speed, her head and body snaked around to the opposite side of the girl. "THEY FEAR ME, AND THEY RIGHTFULLY DO SO. HOWEVER, THOSE WHO'VE ANSWERED MY CALL DO NOT. THEY ADMIRE ME... EVERY DRAGONKIN GATHERED HERE HAS BEEN DONE SO WILLINGLY. THEY WILL GLADLY SACRAFICE THEMSELVES TO SAVE ADELA FROM THE TYRANICAL ENSLAVERS WHO HAVE BEEN PERSICUTING THEM ALL THESE YEARS..."

Nevira's long purple toungue snaked out of her jaws, licking the scales across her lips before retracting again. Her eyes turning a shade of dark purple. An powerful surge could be felt creating a rift inside Nevira's body. Something about the dragon made her different from others, even other darksteels. The void had placed its mark on her. And now she had its blessing.

"WHAT WOULD YOU CARE ANYWAYS? HAVE YOU NOT BEEN AROUND SO LONG TO NOTICE IT? ADELA IS PLAUGED BY A CANCER... LUCKILY I AM THE CURE. I WILL PURGE THE SICKNESS UNTIL NOTHING IS LEFT, AND DRAGONS ARE FREE TO RULE THEIR OWN ADELA..."

Medievarad

"I do not lecture thee, Darksteel," she answered, stepping forward towards Nevira's head as it snaked around her, raising her hand to touch it. "Thy have been touched by the void. I sense thine distress," she answered. "T'was horrid, wasn't it?" She answered. It would explain Nevira's insanity. Her goals and motivations.

The influence of the void was a dangerous thing.

"T'is untrue. Humans may now walk the plains," she explained, "but they hath granted us many things. I hath witnessed the bond. A dragonrider hath sacrificed himself to protect his dragon. T'is merely a small feat, but nonetheless, one of worthy as exemple."

Valia smiled softly. "Blood shallt flow. People and dragonkin alike shallt perish. Please, Darksteel, reconsider thine actions."

Codex

"WEAK MINDED FOOLS IS WHAT THEY ARE.  NOT TRUE DRAGONS. THOSE WHO WOULD STEP IN WAKE OF DEATH TO SAVE THEIR HUMAN SLAVERS HAVE BEEN TAINTED BY THEIR SICKNESS.... THEY CANNOT BE SAVED."

She growled angrily. Her nostrils smoked more intensely as she closely eyed the first fire.

"AND SUCH THEY WILL PERISH. I DO NOT CARE FOR THE LOSS OF DRAGONS WHO'S IDEALS HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THE HUMANS."

Medievarad

Valia shook her head. "Yours truly tends to disagree, Darksteel." She smiled sadly. "I am truly sorry," she came across as desperate now, stepping forward to press her hand against Nevira's face, if allowed. "They needn't to be saveth. This cancer thy speak off, it is not as bad as you might think," she let out a soft, hopeful smile.

Before stepping back. She hated doing this, but she had no choice here.

Valia curtsied, before dropping to one knee, inclining her head. "I beg of thee, Darksteel. Reconsider thine actions."

Codex

Nevira's nostrils continued to flare as her eyes fluctuated from purple and pink over ad over again, giving off ominous glows. However, she did not seem to move when Valia reached out a hand to touch her snout, the Darksteel let her. However... What would happen next was something Nevira expected. As soon as she made physical contact, Vaila would feel a sudden burst of magical energy corrupted by the void... the flames on her hand would start to turn a shade of purple as the corruption flowed unto her. Only when she lifted her hand did it stop, and the flames turned back to normal.

The Novian stared down at the woman as she bowed to her on one knee, begging her to not commit the acts she was prepared too.

"HEHEHE... YOU MISUNDERSTAND FIRST FIRE... YOU CANNOT HALT WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SET IN MOTION..."  She hissed. "I HAVE COME TOO FAR TO GIVE IN TO THE BEGGING OF THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO WITNESS ADELA'S SALVATION... THE OTHER 4 WILL UNDERSTAND..."  She growled.

"AFTER ALL... IT WAS OUR DUTY TO PROTECT THE NATURAL STATE... AND I INTEND TO DO JUST THAT..."

Medievarad

Valia glanced up at the bellowing laughter from Nevira, her lips pressed together. It seemed the woman was defeated in some way. Valia could only imagine the deaths this war could bring, she could only feel the misery that would ensue the following days.

"The.. Four. Thou shan't mean the-" her lips snapped shut, quivering. She knew exactly who the 'other four' were. And that was bad news. "What thou areth doing is naught of protection, Darksteel. T'is vengeance, is it not?"

Codex

"VENGENCE IS ONLY A REWARD FOR MY EFFORTS. THEY WOULD NOT GIVE INTO MY JUDGMENT. THE HOLYWYRM FOUND HUMANS WERE UNWORTHY OF LIVING IN ADELA, AND THEY RETALIATED BY SILENCING ME. THIS IS PROTECTION. I AM PROTECTING ADELA FROM THEM!"

Nevira roared angrily. Her eyes glowed brighter, and a faint purple color could be seen from her nostrils as the smoke billowed out.

"THIS IS NOT YOUR FIGHT... YOU HAVE NO REASON TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE INEVITBLE. THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN STRIKING DOWN THEIR RULER WOULD RESULT IN THEIR DEMISE... THEY BROUGHT THIS UPON THEMSELVES."

Medievarad

"I areth truly sorry it hath come to this, Darksteel," Valia answered as she lowered her head. "T'is not protecting Adela that thou areth doing here. T'is destroying it." She sighed softly and stepped back from Nevira, folding her hands in front of herself. "The gift of life.. Please, do not take it for naught," she merely stated, before the black flames flackered around her, slowly beginning to consume the fire elemental. "Because t'is what a guardian is supposed to do."

Codex

"TRUST ME FLAME... I HAVE NOT..." She stated, her animalistic growl lining her voice. "THE VOID HAS BEEN OPENED, AND IT WILL TAKE AWAY THEIR CHANCES OF THE PRECIOUS GIFT... IT WILL BE AS IF IT NEVER EVEN HAPPEND IN THE FIRST PLACE... THEN, ONLY THEN CAN ADELA BE FREE. DRAGONS ARE THE ONLY RULERS, AND I AM THEIR SAVIOR" She opened her large grey wings, their size greatly out matching the Novian's body. To storm only grew more intense once she did this.

"YOU WILL SEE... THE TIME IS ALMOST UPON US. SOON, THE DAY WILL COME THAT MARKS THE 1001ST ANNIVERSARY OF MY DEFEAT... AND THE DAY OF ADELA'S SALVATION... NO ONE CAN STOP ME. THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD DIED FROM THIER AGE MANY YEARS AGO..." She told her, her voice sounding amused to hear her own plans being relayed to herself.

Medievarad

"If the dragons rule," Valia smiled sadly. "Shallt there be a place for the flame that created all?" Valia inquired, before the black flame flackered up with a loud roar, completely consuming her.

And like that, she dissappeared.

Codex

The dragon snorted as Valia dissapred. Leaving a question for the Novian before doing so. "GO THEN... WARN YOUR FRIENDS... IT WILL NOT MATTER. LIKE I SAID BEFORE... THE VOID HAS BEEN OPENED. AND IT WILL NOT STOP CONSUMING UNTIL EVERYTHING IS GONE..." She spoke to herself as the lightning and wind got more and more intense... The dragon folded her wings and stared off into the distance.