Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Misfortunate Misadventures [DragonSong] [M]

Started by egoistic, August 14, 2016, 06:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egoistic

"Those are strange laws. Just because I'm not from here, it doesn't mean my hands have teeth or something." Aratir exhaled, soon explaining his situation. "I hid. Currently, I'm... well... I'm disguised. Magic." he'd explain. "Thanks for keeping silent."

DragonSong

She nodded slowly. "They are only strange to outsiders... But I do think it is silly to hold you to our standards. You don't understand."

egoistic

"Things get lost in translation." he'd shrug, finally limping out of the doorway. "And to begin with, I can't even order food in Thanati."

Yet again peering over the counter and the presented pieces of jewelry. "I'm Aratir, by the way. A very unfortunate adventurer, it seems."

DragonSong

"Risa." She nodded to him. "You can stay here a bit longer, but then things will look suspicious of you don't buy something."

egoistic

"Oh - I plan to. It would be nice to fix my leg in the first place." he replied before adding. "If you've any quartz, I will gladly buy some." Aratir brought his eyes up with a slight smile. It wasn't exactly a typical jewelry material, but it was also not unheard of.

"I'm not questioning my benefactor, but any particular reason you helped me?"

DragonSong

"Here." Risa ducked behind the desk and came up with a small box. She flicked the catch and swung the lid open. "Rose, pearl, common, we've got plenty of samples," she murmured, pushing the box of uncut quartz toward him.

Then she smiled a bit. "It is...illogical to expect foreigners to know how to act here. Seemed like I owed you the help."

egoistic

Aratir nodded before peering down at the container. "Right. Yes." he responded as his fingers carefully grasped just a single piece of quartz. For a while he seemed to examine it. "Seems like you're very open-minded. Being a foreigner I was lucky to stumble upon you."

Offering a smile of his own he'd inquire "Do you have a specific supplier for your materials?"

DragonSong

"A couple, mostly local people, but a few from the mainland." She smiled and nodded to the stone he held. "That one?"

egoistic

"I see. I'm partially Thanati as well." he commented. "Oh no, not just this one." as he placed the stone upon the counter, however he seemed to retrieve four more, one by one settling them on the counter, as he seemed to look for a few more. "Better make sure to not accidentally touch your hand or you might end up calling for the guards." he smiled.

DragonSong

Risa eyed his choices curiously, then rolled her eyes. "Our ways may seem strange, but they are rooted in deep tradition. You should remember that."

Waiting for him to finish his selection, she added, "You might be able to win some sympathy if you can prove to people you aren't entirely foreign."

egoistic

"Don't we all, foreigners, simply fall into the caste, though?" he'd question, as he still seemed to browse through the actual wares as the stones seemed to slowly pile. "I don't really mean to disrespect, though! You've been anything but unkind with your help."

DragonSong

"Yes." She leaned onto the counter a bit. "You'd still be untouchable, but people may be a bit more...polite about it."

egoistic

"I see." he commented as the selection of crystals had finally seemed to cease with the 9th stone. "Ive heard some rumors of ruins to the south, but I don't know too much about your land. Do you know any local who would be willing to associate, let alone speak to me?"

DragonSong

Risa shrugged. "Traders will, for the most part. Only about half of them speak any decent Common though, I'm afraid."

egoistic

"I see. Thank you." simply pushing the chosen quartz pieces into a single pile, he'd add "I'll take these. What will this cost me?"

DragonSong

"Hmm." She glanced at the pieces, thumbing through a few of them. They were all uncut, so not as expensive as more polished pieces might be, but still of good quality. "Three sovereigns, all told."

egoistic

"Right. This much?" the young fellow settled down three pieces of currency upon the counter, lightly drumming his fingertips against it while he'd wait for some kind of confirmation that he could reach out for his purchase.

DragonSong

"Thank you, sir." Risa smiled and pushed the pieces toward him, quickly snatching her hand back.

egoistic

Aratir waited, observing the actions of the Thanati woman. While his frown was slightly judgmental, it wasn't a particularly scornful look - it wasn't a custom he was happy with, but it was not one he could impact in the slightest. "Well then." pocketing the pieces of quartz, he'd lightly lower his head in a nod. "Thanks, take care." and with that, he made his way for and through the door.

DragonSong

"Um, you're welcome." She smiled and waved at him as he made his retreat. "Stay...safe?" she offered a little quietly.