Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Watering the grass [ShadowRune]

Started by Storm, August 21, 2016, 01:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Whitebone groaned as he fell flat on the river bank. Finally. A good place to rest. He loved to travel but man, the desert was a killer. He sighed and pressed his face into the ground and breathed in.

"Ohhh the sweet smell of grass!" Whitebone exclaimed with joy as he rolled on his back. His white hair sticking out all over the place and laughed with a smile.

ShadowRune

Coming upon the riverside, Jintare was exhausted after his journey in the desert. He was letting the guard in Essyrn cool down after some of his more recent escapades. Well this has been a shitstorm and I need to rest. Hopefully the guards have forgotten about everything and I can go back home soon. Before he left Essyrn the guards had been combing the docks and market foot by foot for him. It had been too risky to stay, so he had retreated to the desert for the time being. Noticing a figure rolling in the grass, Jintare offered a greeting.
"Hail desert strider! Are you enjoying the riverbank?"

Storm

Whitebone laughed happily "oh course! Oh the sweet smell of the grass has me overjoyed! I could stay here forever. Come join me?" He asked with a laugh as he sat up with an electric grin.

He ran a hand through his snowy hair and tilted his face back to the sun never letting his smile dampen

ShadowRune

"Sounds like a good time. You must have been in the desert for a while to be so overjoyed. I hail from Essyrn, so the desert is second nature to me." Joining the man at the riverside, Jintare took his sandals off and placed his feet in the water, unstrapping his rucksack and throwing darts setting them aside him but keeping his dagger handy. "So where do you hail from and what may I call you?"

Storm

Whitebone nodded "Ehh I don't come out this way often" He said gently taking off his long coat leaving him in a comfortable light linen shirt and pants.

"I come from everywhere but my last place I stayed for a while was a small village up north." He stated nodding towards the direction he came "And you can call me whatever you want but I am known as Whitebone" He said with another grin

"And what of you? What may this overjoyed stranger call you?"

ShadowRune

"Well Whitebone you can call me Jintare. Until a week or so ago I had barely left the city." Picking up his throwing darts and tying a string to the end of one, he stood up and waded out to a section of the river where it was roughly three feet deep, he called to Whitebone. "Would you like some lunch? I could catch us some fish."

Storm

He shrugged "Sure if you catch I'll cook" HE said getting up to grab some firewood, slinging his bow across his back and rolling up his short sleeves of his shirt with a massive grin "I might have some wine left over as well, so it will be a great time" He said with resolve as he walked to the trees "You got a cool name Jintare!" He called over his shoulder as an afterthought

ShadowRune

"Sounds good. I hope you've got an appetite, some of the fish in here can be pretty massive. At least around the docks of Essyrn there are some monsters, some three or four feet long!" Watching intently in the water, he spotted a ripple not too far away and shrouded his legs in shadows, to keep them less visible under the semi murky water caused by the shallow shore. Wrapping the end of the line around his wrist, he left about thirty feet of line coiled around his other hand, allowing any fish he caught to run out their last breath before he hauled them in. Seeing a ripple and throwing more on instinct than on anything else, he tossed the line dart at the splash. Feeling it impact something and not drawing the line taut from being hauled away by the river, Jintare figured he must have got something. Giving it a minute or two, he noticed the line wasn't moving, and began hauling it in.

Storm

Whitebone laughed and nodded coming back with a few armfuls of wood. Making a nice platforms wood pile for the fire he started the kindling and waited watching the other man with interest

ShadowRune

As Jintare hauled the line in, it gave a sudden kick and out of the water 5 feet away jumped a 7 foot long water serpent, trying to snap free of the dart lodged in its body. "Well damn! Whitebone, I could use some help pulling this thing in!" Struggling against the serpents strength, Jintare freed a hand and three two of his darts in quick succession, aiming for the head of the great beast.

"How do you feel about serpent steak for dinner?"

Storm

Whitebone laughed and jumped on top of it, using his small body to its full advantage as he moved his head out of the way of the darts. Grinning he nodded "Looks good" He stated before getting off and looking down at his shirt is sadness.

"Oh boy now I have a sticky shirt" He said and took it off to wash later on. Shrugging he plastered on another smile and began ending the raging fire that he created.

ShadowRune

Well now this was a new one. Jintare knew of large fish but this was the largest serpent he had seen in these waters. "Well at least we know we won't want for more food. This snake's got enough meat for 5 more." As he started cutting through the thick hide of the beast, he watched Whitebone. "So tell me, what do you do to survive? Obviously you must travel quite a bit."

Storm

He chuckled "I eat, and live." He said with a goofy grin "but really I just use what I can from the wild...and taverns. Taverns help a lot. ". Whitebone laughed out leaning back and watching him skin the fish.

"What about you? Here you are the master fish catcher and desert man of awesomeness doing out and about?" He asked curiously. He enjoyed the extravagant word choice, a new combo for him, but it was his pleasure to make people laugh or at least smile, and if not he had enough happiness to file a few fires for a while

ShadowRune

Laughing heartily Jintare replied, "I'm not a desert man, I simply come out here when things get heated in the city." Chuckling at the unintentional pun he continued. "I ran into some trouble with a merchant who is currently recovering from a few puncture wounds." The desert provided plenty of space for a lone fugitive to disappear until unwanted attention died down.

Storm

Whitebone chuckled "ahhh that poor man. " He said shaking his head with a large grin "the big bad mercents must Loth you now" he said stretching out and Laing back

ShadowRune

"As of right now I'm nothing but a thorn in their side. I'm out here waiting for the right time to truly bother them." Cutting apart the water serpent, he prepared what meat he could to feed the two of them.

Storm

Smiling Whitebone rolled over onto his belly and watched curiously even though he kept his bow close to him he was fine with chilling for now at least. Poking his slimy cloths he removed his pants and slipped don a pair of tighter shorts with a sigh 

Tags: