Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Homecoming [Tacocat86]

Started by Storm, August 24, 2016, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Kile had always been a laid back guy. Coming back to his home though always put him on edge. After his promotion he had very little time to rest, not like he ever enjoyed rest, its just he liked work better. Walking into a nearby town he hoped no one would recognize him. He had his cloak on, hiding his armor that would be a dead giveaway. He finally hoped that he would encounter peace in his home. Leave was never a fun time. Maybe this time he would enjoy it though.

Stepping though the town he continued to make his way through the country side and into a nearby woods for a quick rest. No one ever said that he had to make it home in a day. Setting down his pack he stretched and made a small fire to heat up some food. Taking a small walk to a hill side he climbed the grassy mound and looked over the his native homeland with a small smile. For as much as he hated it, he loved it.

Tacocat86

Styn had been searching towns in Northern Serendipity for years now but as he walked along through the forest he noticed a small fire in the woods. A curious being at heart he walked up through a tree to find a little clearing with signs of someones presence. Knowing that not many people notice him he decided to sit there and wait to see who exactly was here. He had all the time in the world for all he knew.

Storm

Chuckling to himself at thoughts of home he returned to his small rest camp. Kile was always a keen person when it came to his gut feeling, and even though he did not have the eyes of an archer he could still pick up on small details. Without a hesitation he sat down against a tree and dished out a small helping of food and ate it. He could feel someone near by. Almost a sprite of sorts, not like he was good at seeing the other side he decided to speak out and see if there was really someone who was hiding themselves.

"Who are you?" He asked, keeping his eyes downcast at his food, not wanting to actually see if there was someone around, maybe out of fear, but mostly out of respect to the being that could create such energy around him. Somehow he felt calm, almost safe in this presence and he smiled contently .

Tacocat86

Styn looked at the arrival with surprise. "This is a new one," he muttered to himself. He exhaled and willed himself visible as well as tangible. "I am Styn and i have been traversing these woods for years, yet i have not ever seen a warrior able to pick up on me." A note of disgust crept into his voice,"It's mostly mages with their annoying spells and various traps" As quickly as it arose the disgust leaves his voice to be replaced by wonder,"Where do you hail from, Stranger?"

Storm

He smiled weakly "I had an interesting childhood. Simply put I enjoyed being alone and with the only one who I called friends, spirits." He said looking up eyeing the man in front of him. He nodded agreeing mostly with what the Styn had to say about mages. HE was not fond of them, but they did come in handy every once in a while.

With a small smile he nodded towards the path "Many leagues North, is where I was born, and many leagues south is where I live now. " He stated finishing his food quickly.

"Forgive my manners, I am Kile Nenharma. You are welcome to the food if you wish" He said with a small bow of his head

Tacocat86

Shakes head in rejection,"I do not require food." Sits down at the base of a tree. "You've been so kind to enlighten me of your story, and I wish I could tell mine, but unfortunately I haven't the best memory of my life before this." He waves his hand through a tree with it passing easily.

Points North "The first memories of this place are in the far north, but now I travel, for I have been inflicted with Wanderlust and I have been to nearly all cities from the North, all the way to here." He hangs his head,"I still don't know why I'm here, or what my purpose is, but I plan to learn everything the is to learn about life, in all parts of this beautiful world" From within my hood and cloak my bright, blue eyes shine.

Storm

Kile smiled and nodded "Sometimes life is like that, you never know what youll get." He said shrugging finishing the food, so it does not go to waist.

"But wandering seams lonely, even is such a beautiful place" He said with a small smile. Getting a bit more comfortable he pulls off his cloak without shame this time and starts to loosen the heavy armor from his body, with company he would be pleased to spend the rest of the day and night here.

Tacocat86

He takes off his hood revealing a handsome face with blond wavy hair and he smiles,"I don't always travel alone, as I go, from place to place, I am sometimes joined by others." He draws back his cloak revealing an intricately designed scabbard at my hip with a blue finish and silver swirls. The scabbard has a matching Hilt sticking out of it with a silver gemstone set in the pommel. He undoes the sword and sets it beside him.

Underneath the cloak there is no armor, but rather an odd looking purple jerkin with an odd insignia on the chest. "Other times when there is no one with me, I travel to a town a see whats going on, I like to be caught up on the affairs of this land"

Storm

Kile chuckled softly "Oh you have no idea. I am cought up in the middle of it. It is finally nice to be at peace and away from the Frey of the large cities and nobles ." HE said watching him. Taking note of his sword he tilted his head as he pulled off the last of his armor, leaving the thin tunic and pants to cling to his large frame.

"You do not take me as one to fight, with a sword no less. You seam wise beyond years, and seeing that you are not of this particular realm, much more powerful than those who would seek harm to you" He said curious 

Tacocat86

He glances at the sword he took off "I have not drawn my blade against a foe in years, yet to this day I keep it sharp. To give light to your comment, yes, there was a time where i drew that very blade and clashed with many a foe. As for the other half, I am far older than my appearance would suggest"

He grabs the sword and draws it from its scabbard with a melodic sound, the blade itself is two-sided, with a mostly blue color though it has silver streaks through it, it practically throbs with energy. "My memory before this place is hazy, This sword had served me long before I came here and I cannot bring myself to discard such a piece of art. This sword was beside me when I woke up, it has been a constant companion when there were none and for that I value this sword above all other possessions, and if I can recall, the last thing I cut with this very blade was a simple tree, to cross a river that was deep and wide." He sheathed the blade and set the scabbard down next to the tree.

Storm

Kile nodded in understanding, a bit amazed at the wonder the man held and the the ancient feeling comforted him.

"you are lucky to have such a loyal sword at your side, I am glad that it has served you well. It has been an unfortunate short amount of time since my blades have tasted blood, but such is the life I have chosen. " He said with another soft smile as he subconsciously ran his hand over the simple blades. HE never liked to be flashy, but he did enjoy the art and love that was put into making such a weapon. Even though they were simple they were also strong. Kile believed that every sword has a soul, and like finding a partner to live with, a sword choses you.

Tacocat86

He looks at the scabbard that holds his companion sword. A confused look appears on his face.

"I think... someone made it special for me..... a close friend" He shakes his head wondering where that came from. "It is unfortunate that you have the path of violence laid out for you, but not at all unneeded, we all need challenges in life to overcome in order to learn and to grow" He glanced at Kile's simplistic blades and smiled when he saw the amount of work put into keeping them in top condition. "I realized about fifty years ago how ironic it was that there are pieces of memories in my head of me in battles of grand proportion slaying those that stand in my way and planting flags claiming inhabited land for... someone when for as long as i can clearly remember i have been a pacifist."

Storm

He laughed at his words  thinking of his own path, he would not fight if he had to but this man never ceased to surprise him with similarity.

"You understand then what it is like. I do not like bloodshed but we are a stubborn race. it is unfortunate how words hold so much and so little meaning when it comes to a fight. And sometimes we are forced to fight for what we believe in, even if we distaste the sight of blood." Kile said. "Maybe it is your chance now to start over, forget what you have done, and forgive yourself maybe try and make something right that you did long ago. Most people would love a second chance at that. " He said.

Tacocat86

He is surprised by these words and thinks long and hard about it

Slowly he begins to say,"I know how our race is as I am not so high and mighty so as to exclude myself from humanity" he said. "Every day more and more fragments of my memories come back to me and every day I become more and more confused as to how i am so different today then i was then. Most of these memories are negative; betrayal, war, torture, and a memory that i recalled yesterday revealed that my true friend's house and place of business was burnt to the ground" he revealed. "Once I have all of my memories, I will decide if i can forgive myself, until then I shall continue aid those in need as penance for my known crimes" He ended.

Storm

Kile smiled "Don't let it weigh you down. It can be a hard road to travel. Death and betrayal are harsh love is even worse. Just be careful that people do not use you, many men these days are full of hate and want" He said sadly leaning back with his hands behind his head. He groaned softly

"Urg. This is making me realize that I have seen way too much for being so young." He said with a small chuckle

Tacocat86

He laughed softly "And you say I'm wise, yet here you are with advice on all these things as if you had experienced them yourself"

He stared at Kile "I think that when I died I was around your age, so you It wouldn't surprise me if you haven't seen the worst of this world, or even this country. But it lightens my heart knowing that young people are taking up the swords of their forefathers and combating evil, wherever they may find it" He leaned back into the tree and gazed up at the stars. "What do you want out of life, Kile?....... Peace?.....Riches?..... Glory?.... What do you work to accomplish in this one beautiful random chaotic thing called life?

Storm

He smiled "maybe I have, there have been few people who would understand that life, even from the warriors around me." He said softly turning his head to look at the man he frowned a bit "I do not know. Peace would be wonderful, but my heart always yearns to be accepted...to be loved." He said sadly going silent thinking the past. Breaking out of it a bit  he asked "And what of you? I know that you are confused but what does your heart want out of this chance of life?"

Tacocat86

He answers almost immediately "I feel as if I need to right the many wrongs I have achieved in my past life, memory or not, that was me. After that, my heart longs for exploration, true Wanderlust plagues me and I wish to fulfill it and discover the far reaches of this world we call home" he said. "My chance for acceptance has passed, now i must try for redemption. At the very least I wish to find my killers and discover their motives." He proclaimed. "But for now, Wandering it is."

Storm

Kile smiled "If you ever need any help in your findings, you can count on me to have your back"he said with affirmation. Stretching out he cracked his back contently and looked up into the sky.

"It truly is beautiful out here" he said shifting a bit closer to the small fire and rolling up the short sleeves of his light shirt.

Tacocat86

He looks at the sky and sighs a sigh of content "Thank you for your kindness Kile"

He lays flat and asks with a hopeful tone, "Do you think I could travel with you for a while?" For this had now been a year with only a sword as a companion and Styn had begun to desire comradery.