Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Homecoming [Tacocat86]

Started by Storm, August 24, 2016, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Kile grinned and stood up from his position "mhmm I can see why" he said drawing the blade out of his leg "I don't particularly enjoy these situations but...seeing how it is, I won't hesitate on this one"

Ignoring the pain the shattered bone he jumped quickly, rolling away from the others attacks and swung his blades, a move he did not enjoy to use he cut his opponent in the stomach and rolled away again pulling out the dagger in the tree

Tacocat86

Desmond upon being cut stumbles back and falls to his knees

Styn, Now freed, teleported behind Desmond and impaled him through the stomach while simultaneously using ice magic to burn the wound with impossibly cold ice.

Desmond smiles evilly "If I'm dying, I'm taking at least one of you with me" He heaves the longsword upwards into Styn's chest before being frozen completely by the ice.

Styn falls backwards, bleeding silver blood when he abruptly smiles,"Fun times, glad I joined in on this little outing." He stands up and coughs out silver blood before waving his hand over himself and patching the wound."It will heal in time, for now, I'm concerned about him" He pointed towards the frozen Desmond,"I think we should leave him here on this path, He was not a dishonorable fighter."

Storm

Eyes closed he nodded and got to his knees. Grabbing the bloody blade that was in his leg he left it next to the icy man "next time I hope you will fight with me" he said softly his heart tugging a bit as he hobbled away with heavy breaths

"You sure your ok ?" He asked with a weak smile

Tacocat86

He winced and looked at the amount of silver blood on the ground and took a shaky breath.

"I'm alright, but i'm a bit out of practice, I have grown slow and soft. I may be a burden to your future travels, but for now I may be of service," He concentrated and a bright blue ball of ethereal energy forms in his hand. He lobbed it at Kile's leg and and Kile suffers an intense cold in his leg, followed by a burning heat, followed by a numbness. "Your leg is now mostly healed, I was able to repair the bone and patch together the skin, but the muscle may take some time to heal, less time now, maybe a couple of days at most. It was the best I could do."

Storm

He grinned and nodded his thanks "thanks" he said closing his eyes at the strange sensation. Getting to his pack he wrapped his leg before loosely putting on his armor. "No you won't hinder us. Slower is fine with me. I have nowhere to be in a hurry" he said walking up to him in a slight limp.
"Hmmm i hope he heals well. I like him" Kile said with a small smile .

Tacocat86

Styn puts his cloak on and reattaches his sword to his hip after sheathing it. He then smiles and thinks to himself So this is comradery, splendid. He pats the ice statue,"This is not the one we should be worried about, it's the client who we should watch out for"

Storm

He frowned and nodded" inna way yes. Now I have to report it. Of the client wants me dead then this is unfortunately a high priority to my job." He sighed rubbing his temples

Tacocat86

He stood there and wondered. "The mercenary said you were a Lord Knight Commander, I assume that is something along the lines of a general, What king and queen do you serve?"

Storm

He nodded "yeah. A general of sorts. I have to manage all of the forces in our military. My king and queen are of this land. That is the only reason I still live here. I live to serve and protect my king and queen. " He said Moving forward a bit more "Qiana Di'Veera is a wonderful Queen and my King is even greater." He continued fondly

Tacocat86

He smiled," You must be a good man to serve under Rheinallt, I traveled to the palace a few years ago and observed him in action, He is the best King this land has had in a long time" Still, He wondered what the Lord Knight Commander would be doing all the way out here instead of with his troops.

Storm

He smiled and nodded "Yes he is. I am honored to serve under him. Stretching a bit he yawned "Come on I know a safe place to rest not far from here" Kile stated limping a bit faster while rearranging his cloak and armor along the way so it did not make much noise. Walking though the country side he cut through the tall grass and hills until he spotted a small cabin nestled in between tow grassy hills.

Tacocat86

Followed him silently walking on the air slightly above the ground, hardly making a noise, and comes up to where Kile Stopped and stretches and pulls down the hood of his cloak to take in the full surroundings

"I'll check the perimeter" He glowed white and vaporized and was carried in the wind as bright glowing dust.

Storm

He nodded and walked into the cabin and gladly took off his armor. sitting down on one of the two beds. Taking off his shirt he inspected his small injuries along with rolling up his pants and re wrapping the now smaller wound in his leg. Nodding again he did the only thing he was able to do with  magic, one of the three defensive spells he knew. Putting a hand on the wall he mumbled the enchantment making sure to leave room for Styn to be able to come back, even though Kile was Positive  he could break through either way. Groaning at the mass amount of energy loss and blood loss for the wound earlier he passed out on the bed.

Tacocat86

Several white streaks of dust converge in front of the door, they then become a white silhouette of my form and then the details form in and i open the door as i mutter softly to myself,"A nice defensive ward, enough to keep most average bandits and animals away, good craftsmanship, an overall great design"

He carefully took off his cloak and set it by the door and drew his sword from its scabbard and looked at the passed out form of Kile. He whispered "I'll be back in a few hours," with that he slashed the air with his blade making a tear in the air, He sheathed his sword and grabbed each side of the tear with his hands, widening it into a hole that he could pass through. As he stepped through he left a bottle of blue liquid labeled drink for replenishment and his sword and scabbard behind.

Storm

Kile groaned with protest as his head and leg throbbed and the sunlight streamed through the windows. Sitting up slowly as to not cause anymore pain he shivered with a slight chill, leaning over he took a clean shirt from his pack and slipped it on. Noticing the sword and scabbard he shook his head, the man was probably doing something outside. It would not surprise him. Yawning a bit more he eyes the vile but did not touch it. It was best if he left it in case Styn needed it. Yawning again Kile made for a pen and paper and began to write his report so he could send it off when he came to the next town. Slowly finishing the report he stretched and cracked his shoulders. If he traveled at the same pace as he did yesterday he would reach his destination in a day, but make that two for an account for injuries and a new companion.

Tacocat86

He had rested in the ethereal plane for a couple of days in that realms time and was feeling fully refreshed and well rested, He found a small cache of items that had lost their way in the world and had ended up here, he retrieved a small ring that seemed to glow with power, upon further inspection it showed that it bore the Seal of Quyn, Styn's eyes widened and he pocketed the ring. "I must now return" he said gratefully. He clapped his hands and the sound echoed across the realm and split open a hole in the fabric of the universe itself, he stepped through and found himself standing in the middle of the cabin. "I am ready to travel if you are" he spoke. After his restoration in the ethereal plane his presence was magnified and at the same time he gave off an air of peace and tranquility.

Storm

Stopping mid yawn he suddenly felt a lot better looking around he squinted his eyes peeking through the extra shade of brightness.

"you look quite exquisite" He said with a small grin as he folded the parchment and put it away. Pulling on the rest of his clothing and armor he nodded

"yes, we can go. It should only be no more than two days till we reach our destination, for now. " He said standing up.

Tacocat86

He looked around and stretched," I certainly feel a lot better" He picked up the vial and slipped it into his cloak pocket as he picked up his cloak. He slung his cloak over his shoulder and attached his scabbard to his hip

"Where, pray tell is our destination?" He grinned and looked towards the door.

Storm

Kile hesitated and then gave a sad soft smile "Home" he stated simply and opened the door and walked out. stepping into the grass. He took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself for the emotional visit.

Kile always attempted to go home everyone in a while to pay his respects, he enjoyed the journey and where it eventually took him. The only part that he disliked was the end destination. Well, maybe this time he would not mind as much. He already forgave them for what they did, its that they never responded.

Tacocat86

He hesitated and then followed. "Home is a word I have not known in years, the closest I have is the ethereal plane, but that is barren, except those waiting to be judged and most of the time they are catatonic." He spoke, then under his breath,"It also include Quyn who isnot my favorite being in any realm." He put on a smile," I am excited to see the place you call home and to learn as to where someone such as yourself could have come from."