Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Man, the cane and the corpse (ValamLym, PM)

Started by Avarex, August 29, 2016, 09:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avarex

A quiet day - the sort which Avarex always preferred. None of the ones around that unsettled him, that made him anxious - nobody with a pulse. Near an abandoned chapel, hidden within the depths of the forest he stumbled in the old man decided to rest his old bones.

He smiled upon the graves, patting the tombstones as he walked past. Avarex sighs as he looked at a specific one. The Old man nudges his head to the side "A toddler. Torn out of life way before his time came. Maybe I should grant him a second chance." he reached for the old withered book that was attached firmly to his metal girdle. He retrieved it from there and opened it. The wind itself seemed to protest as Avarex spoke the words that were written centuries ago - it howls through the trees, clouds form over his head and the quiet day turned into a storm. Rain fell upon the once holy soil that was about to be defiled by the arts of this aging sorcerer.

"Ig vur. Balanthor harit! Ushtu kageo almi taran uhl avaran tiduvi." his voice carried an echo now - as the groaning could be heard from the various graves around - the screeching of the toddler in the ground could be heard along as the ground shattered, the corpses making their way up slowly - but they weren't the only ones that heeded the call of their new found Master. Paladins of an long forgotten Order rushed to the side, their blades unsheated, their eyes filled with anger. "HALT! Vile demon! You shall not continue with your dark craft! Today, we set an end to your miserable life, Necromancer! Bane of Ulgrad!"

Avarex turned towards them, smiling as a heartily grandfather would "But why would you kill me? Why would you kill the man that brings everyone back to life?" the Paladin spat on the now dark colored ground "You raise the armies of undeath and we will bring it to an end, NOW!" they charged towards the Necromancer, unknowing that he was not the fragile old man he seemed to be. He tapped his cane on the soil beneath him, lifting his coat a little by the unholy winds that exceeded the spot his walking-aid hit the ground. Purple fire arose, blinding the first of the five Paladins. In seconds, the Necromancer stood infront of the man, tapping him with the book on the head. Like a teacher would deal with an unruly child. "Sit." he added to his gesture - the Paladin's visible skin became pale, choking sounds could be heard before the man hit the ground, his body now lifeless.

Meanwhile the ground rattles again, the undead were nearly surfacing. Avarex was not prepared for what happened next. The Paladins teamed in a united cast against him - a solid ray of light shot towards him, quickly he had to counter this powerful spell or he was done for it. His chanting arose once more "Uhlat bar. Karugat ishnu rab ti - karugat ishna tarad i bal." the light was stopped by a unholy glowing barrier of bones that quickly shot up from the ground. The old man dropped onto his knees, folding his hands - the Paladins could not believe their eyes - the man - he was praying!

ValamLym

Back in her mistress' realm, Amira had kept herself quite busy. Several other of her mistress' angels had been summoned to go pact hunting, much like herself. She eagerly send them off one by one, until only one assignment remained.

She extended her hand onto a black crystal, it fluctuated dark energy, before it broke open revealing a black mirror like contraption. She swirled her hand through it. ''Reveal the summons.''she murmured and the crystal obeyed, revealing an old, wrinkly looking man dressed in a trench coat praying..

she laughed, clearly amused by this. Had he no idea a dark soul like his would only gain the attention of demons and their ilk? she assumed he either did not know or did not care. She spread her wings, an amused giggle passing her lips. ''Very well then, I shall humor you.'' With that her wings folded around her, black energies surged and within a split second only some feathers remained, carried downward by the draft she left behind.

As she arrived in an explosion of black energy, just a few steps behind the man her wings spread. A bemused smirk spread across her face as she saw the paladins. She stepped closer to the man, her back turned toward the paladins as she kneel'd  in front of him, placing her hands on his face, the leathery gloves rubbing against his aging skin.

''My my, you found a tome of my mistress' arts... to wield it so well... consider me impressed.''

Her voice was soft and gentle, as she slowly retracted her fingers folding her wings and turned toward the Paladins, gazing at her in pure terror.

''You must feel unlucky, knowing that an fallen archangel has come to answer this man's summons, don't worry.. I'll end you swiftly.''

She nudged her head, not even moving as black energies swirled toward the Paladins, seeping into their skin. She had clearly lied as their screams of agony filled the area when black flames erupted from them, falling to their knees in pure agony as their bodies burned away slowly. She waited for them to die a slow death, before extending her hand collecting the souls of the four now dead paladins.

She seemed in excess as she looked at the small orbs floating along her fingers, a smirk crossing her lips as she looked down on them. She could not wait long however and parted her lips, the souls screaming as the were plopped in her maw, before being silenced by her throat. She sighed, a rather aroused look on her face ''Mymyria... their pure souls taste like pure bliss~'' she almost sung the words before turning her gaze to the old man.

She stepped up to him once more, placing her hands on his face as she had done before, caressing him gently.

''Thank you for the amazing dinner.. consider your dept paid.. tenfold, now.. what can I do for you?''

She smirked at the man, placing her finger under his chin.

''For this feast... you may have anything you desire.''