Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wolf in Noble's Clothing

Started by Fukurou, September 03, 2016, 10:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

Vincent smiled softly and waved back at Bay. He really did have a soft spot for children, and it was refreshing to be around one after weeks of prolonged loneliness.

The smile on Vincent's face melted at Josie's question. He paused, staring off into the darkness as he considered his answer. "It happened about three weeks ago..." he said. "More or less."

DragonSong

Jo arched an eyebrow. No wonder he didn't seem to know what he was doing. "No one's been teaching you? Where's your sire?"

Her head tilted slightly to the side. She may avoid most other wolves, but in the years since her first shift she'd learned how they should act.

Fukurou

A look of confusion swept over Vincent's face. "Teaching me? Sire?"

DragonSong

She nodded. "Sire. The one who bit you- turned you. He, or she, should be...well, teaching you. Helping you- figure all this out." She waved a hand airily, her other arm still tight around Bay's middle.

Fukurou

"What? No, I was attacked! I have no idea who they are or where they went. He was... mad. I don't know, it happened all so fast."

DragonSong

"A feral." Josie sighed and cuddled Bay a little closer. She'd heard of such wolves, but luckily she'd never actually met one. "I'm...sorry. I know it must be hard to...come to terms with what happened."

Fukurou

Vincent slowly shook his head as he cast his gaze into the fire. "Don't be. It's not your fault and nothing can be done about it now."

DragonSong

Bay yawned and cuddled into the curve of his mother's body and she pulled the borrowed coat a little tighter around them. Her eyes flicked to the fire as well and she huffed out a long, tired breath.

"There are...others," she said slowly. "Like us. Bitten, born, but without a pack- I don't think it would matter to them. If you could find them, they may help you."

Fukurou

Vincent perked up a little at the proposition. "Do... you think they'd accept someone like me? I mean... I am bitten. And feral..."

DragonSong

Jo shook her head quickly. "You aren't feral, believe me. At least not the way werewolves- we think of it. If you've met a real feral-"

She shuddered and held Bay tighter. "At least you have your mind left."

Fukurou

Vincent remained silent for a while, staring deeply into the fire. After several long and awkward seconds, he let out a tired sigh.

"I'm sorry..." He said, shaking his head. "I'm sorry for my outburst."

DragonSong

She shrugged, curling onto her side by the fire. "Don't worry about it." Bay was starting to drift, eyelids heavy as he tucked his head up under his mother's chin.

Fukurou

A forced smile flashed across the man's face as he gave Jo a nod. With small huff, Vincent pushed himself from his seat, scooped up a small branch, and wandered over to the fire. "These people..." He poked the fire with the stick, sending sparks flying through the air. "I wouldn't mind searching for them tomorrow."